PDA

View Full Version : AMC 360 wiring and vacuum crap

Mr Vic
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
anyone have much experience with the amc v8's? i am attempting to do the wiring on the jeep :confused0006: (wish me luck) and need some advice and pointers to get going in the right direction

starter/ignition:
I picked up a starter for a 81 grand waggy and realized I don't have a solenoid/relay. some research shows me I am to use a ford starter solenoid. but i have no clue how to wire it up. this is my first problem. is ther any write up on the wiring or can anyone explain it?

I have a HEI conversion distributer and that only requires one hot wire and 1 to the tach.. simple enough run one wire from the switched hot side of the solenoid and the other does directly to the tach.

egr/vacuum/polutions control:
how much of this can I safely remove? there is alot of vacum hoses and alot of missing hoses too. the jeep doesnt need aircare so i am not concerned with that only getting it running right now. have read that removing all this stuff causing motor to run lean and that the carb needs to have different jets.. any thoughts?

thanks for the help. [36] [cheers]

Murd0c
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
that warlord dude might know how to change the oil on one [wako]

Nutbar
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
If you don't know how to wire a solenoid and what you said about wiring the HEI dist is wrong then I would like to make the suggestion that you don't wire it yourself save yourself alot of time now and a lot of headaches later and get somebody to wire it for you that KNOWS what they are doing. I have to deal with so much bullshit from people trying to wire stuff themselves that it has gotten to the point that I refuse to work on hacked wiring.

Toyquad
09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
i agree with mikey, what some people call wiring is just rediclous. if you dont know how a solenoid works you shouldnt be wiring things.........

Mr Vic
09-24-2007, 08:47 PM
fair enough, gotta learn to do the shit some way or another.. i will still try and figure it out and how its done I am not in a hurry to put the pieces together.

i will agree that i know fawk all about engine wiring :s30x: ... but thanks for the advice anyways.

Slim77fsj
09-27-2007, 09:51 PM
if it helps I would start with usin a basic FSJ wiring Diagram like here

http://oljeep.com/gw/elec/GW_wiring.html

and use that as a guide , sorry for the slow reply ,,I dont check the board much ,,

if u need help of info of the FSJ;s I have here email Me direct slim77fsj@hotmail.com

Mr Vic
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
thanks slim77fsj. those diagrams help.

Slim77fsj
10-12-2007, 09:35 PM
they are one of the Bibles for our FSJ;s

the site also has online parts catologues if needed