View Full Version : HELP!!! crank shaft sender

Dirty Girls
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I am converting my 87 YJ to a 93 fuel injected.

I have the complete wiring harness.. but now after ever thing is done i have a wire that comes down front he computer to the tranny. I think its supposed to pick up the engine speed. Looks like it has something to do with the fly wheel housing and mine from the 87 (flywheel) does not have a spot.

Its kinda front he tranny to the fly wheel.. Can anyone give me any info on this. Do i need it to make it run?

Can i run my old tranny form the 87 into the 93 motor???

Any info would help...


09-12-2007, 06:21 PM
sounds like you are talking about the TDC sensor it bolts in to the bellhousing near the top on the drivers side.

All the bellhousings in the jeeps from 87 and up have the spot for the TDC sensor but you will need to use the flywheel from a 91 and newer 4.0 you can't use the flywheels from the 87 to 90 6 cylinders because the tone ring spacing and count is different than 91 and up.

Dirty Girls
09-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Do you happen to know where abouts it is??? We were trying to find the hole.. but i cannot find one..??

09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Do you happen to know where abouts it is??? We were trying to find the hole.. but i cannot find one..??

Should be on drivers side near the top, kind of a tough place to get to, not much room there.

09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
sometimes ya gotta remove all the fuzzy stuff down there to find the "hole" but its there trust us on this

Dirty Girls
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
hahahahaha! nice thank you!

09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
did it work did ya find the hole?

take a pic if ya did

Dirty Girls
09-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I didnt find any furry things.. but i may have found it.. lol there was a bit of weird sh** arround it though.. drama

09-12-2007, 10:12 PM
what kinda weird sh**
theres creams for that weird stuff

09-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Hmmm so you found a bare hole with sh** around it:D

09-13-2007, 01:08 AM
Yea I just did mine an hour ago. Easiest to find facing forward behind the flywheel on the drivers side about 10-11 o'clock on the flywheel. It has 2 bolts on either side of it. The connector is for the 3 wires but only has 2 red/black. It's called a CPS (crankshaft position sensor). Lordco carries them, 44.99 for the neihoff brand and napa has them for little more money.

and yes you need this for it too run.

Dirty Girls
09-13-2007, 09:08 AM
That is awsome info Thank you very much. [36] VERY MUCH!!!

As fer the hole with the stuff..

I was kidding.. but cream sounds.. nice?!:confused0006: