PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee shake problem

Buck Master
08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
92 Xj, 4 door. Put in a new rubicon express 3.5" lift (Been in for about 3 months now).
Took a gradual corner today doing about 80 kph and hit a little crack in the road and the thing starting shaking like I was driving on square tires. I thought it was going to fall apart. Would not stop until I slowed down to 50.

The wife said it did it for her once going down King George.

What's the problem? No way that its safe to drive like that.

FU Toolbag
08-31-2007, 08:51 PM
My chev used to do that. put in a new steering damper and no more problem.

B
09-01-2007, 12:55 AM
have u had an alinment ?

it's called death wobble ... probly u guessed that .... usally the castor is set wrong u want between 0 and 3 degrees most places will try to go for between 5 and 7 but with the coils and links in ur front the geomrety can do what happened to u ... about one in 50 id guess does that ... did u upgrade the track bar when u got the lift ? ur factory one won't like the lift the diff end bushings ware fast and can cuase the bucking feeling as well ... pm me if u need more help ..

[cheers]

B ...

broken_down
09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Mine does the same thing. would the balljoints cause this problem at all. (3" BDS lift) I've replaced all the tie rods and a new trac bar from NSOR.

Buck Master
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I replaced the trac bar as well as the lower control arms. No alinment yet though and its pretty bad, so hopefully that's the problem.

B
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
worn out ball joints don't help ... if sumthing has play and the caster is wrong it can feel fuckd up ...

Big-Luke
09-18-2007, 12:50 AM
hahahahah that sux happend to me then i hit a nice bump and it went a way for the most part

Apathy
09-18-2007, 08:23 AM
TRE's. I have fixed 2 cherokees with this problem. Both were TRE's. There was about .5mm movement, enough to cause the problem on a lifted rig. Changed them and all was good. Chech the one on your pitman arm, and on the other end of thre DL.

Chopstick
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
check this out...

http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=261532

i had the same problem but all i did was tighten my track bar and replaced my steering stablizer, works great now

dirt
10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Have you balanced you tires yet? if so then is your t-case droped or do you have a SYE? :dontknow: thats my two cents