PDA

View Full Version : Big O X/T and mud terrains

Clark
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Has anybody ran the big foot x/t tire from big o tires on their truck . The Big O's are cheaper then the BFG mud terrains but im just wondering if they compare up to the mud terrains . thanks for the input

Kinslayer
08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
No one on here seems to like the BFGs...I don't mind em, but the Big-O warranty is second to none.

g-rod
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
i had a set on my old dodge... nice tire, but if you like doing burn outs and smoke shows they wont stand up, and my brother has a set on his yota, he likes em, just wishes they were bigger

Lynx
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
yea, my buddy has them on his 4runner. I found them surprising good. Last weekend he was the little pit area at stave and ran over like a 12inch pipe with shrapnel at the end sticking out of the hill and put a 3 inch gash on his inside sidewall. I think the place charged him like $200+ for one 31x10.5.

toyota_dan
08-28-2007, 10:29 PM
i run bfg muds on my truck i'm not so impressed by them for performance but they have lasted 2 years(35,000kms) on my truck and still have tread left and they weren't new when i bought the truck... as far as mud goes i've seen adn wheeled better, adn as far as everythign else goes i've also seen better, theyre ok for an all around or a mild wheeler but they suck for traction street driving in anything but dry roads and are terrible on packed snowy streets. i siped mine and now they are much better, but am soon upgrading and probably wont consider them again. on the flip side i've heared nothing but good about the Big o's good street manners no road noise, great traction. long life and an amazing no questions asked waranty. i think the bfg's would work better in mud though.

highwaystar
08-29-2007, 07:54 PM
ive had both and they both were fine.

The big o ones I had were the old style, I didnt like the new style when I went to buy tires this spring. They always looked oval like if you were looking from the front. Tread design looked slightly less aggressive than old style.

The bfg mts were exceptional in everything except for wear.

What do I know, I currently am running those chinese tires that were recalled in the states cuz they forgot to use glue to hold the tread on. No recalls in canada. oh well.

Happypants
08-30-2007, 09:26 PM
i ran both on my jeep a while ago, right now i have the newer style big o x/t`s the bfg mud terrains sucked in the rain, the big o`s i can hardly spin in the rain, i run mostly rock and the big o`s are at about 30% left and they still grip really well and there soft enough to cling to the rocks but not too soft where they slice at every chance, auctually........ive never sliced one yet, i didnt like the bfg mt`s on the rock, i found i would sit and spin with them on trails that i have ran many times, with the same psi,

Clark
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
thanx for the input i will take it into consideration

Lynx
08-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Yea the big o's are incredibly queit

kinda nasty
09-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Big O's are the way to go. I run the Big O Mud tires (the old style ones) and I like them for all purpose tires. Got a buddy that runs the new style Big O XT's and he goes wherever he wants to.