PDA

View Full Version : she did not deserve this...

shawn_ruley
08-26-2007, 11:30 PM
OK, my truck was crashed into a ditch, by the guy who sold me the truck, we really should have scouted the trail first, but we diddnt-you live and learn
the crash bent the drivers side frame rail, twisted the front clip, bent the steering link, and mangled up most of the front body work.
He agreed to fix the truck for me-he has an in on an ironworking shop so I figured hed get 'er good as new.
We also agreed on going 50/50 on parts since he was doing all the labour, so I paid him $120 for the hood and fender that he ordered.

two weeks go by and all I got was "yeah its comming along quite nicely, ill try to get 'er done for you tomorrow" this was what he said every time I called him for the next six days.
after three weeks I figured id better have a look see to see how things were going. I tried contacting him to get directions to the shop and he would not answer any of my calls, or answer his door when I went over. I finally got ahold of his wife and asked her if she knew where it was and all she told me was that the shop was on lawrence ave. and that she was in a hurry to get to a dinner party (I sensed just a hint of nervousness in her voice:confused0006: )

so I went down lawrence and after poking around all the little compound lots I spotted the beasts yellow light covers sticking above a fence, I turned the corner and there she was...exactly how I left it with him, still covered with mud from the last outing (he told me the first thing that they did was wash it) I pretty much just asked one of the guys there "what the hell?"
appearently after closer inspection they decided that it was not worth the effort to fix so they just did a quick slap job, they straightened the front clip a little bit (doesnt really matter tho with a bent frame rail) and fixed the bushbar (oh big whoop) I asked about the new body panels and he had no idea what I was talking about.:mad:
I have been trying to contact him to get a straight answer out of him but all iv been getting is an answering machine.

then I just went outside this morning and guess what? Ive got a flat tire!:dontknow:

this poor truck deserved so much better than that. Now Im determined to get her back up and running...AND RUN OVER THAT SON OF A BITCH![27] [1a]

Toyquad
08-26-2007, 11:50 PM
that sucks man........ but theres a lesson to be learnt........ dont let other people drive your junk...............

what year truck is it? i think i got a couple headlight buckets and a grill or two for 84-88 body styles.......

shawn_ruley
08-26-2007, 11:58 PM
its an '82:(

Amiel Voth
08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Lemme know if you need anything.
I rebuilt my truck a while back and have a bunch of extra peices.

I have the complete stock steering setup. I don't need it anymore. Since I installed crossover steering. I don't have much on body parts. Most of mine are wrinkled.

shawn_ruley
08-27-2007, 11:59 PM
by the looks of it Im going to need a hood and a drivers side fender, rest is going to be nothing but grunt work.

kamloopsyota
08-28-2007, 08:26 AM
i got a driversside fender covered in rhino liner you can have, its in kamloops

slacker
08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
sucks man ..

I have a hood you can have .. it's not great , but it's free .

shawn_ruley
08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
i got a driversside fender covered in rhino liner you can have, its in kamloops

sucks man ..

I have a hood you can have .. it's not great , but it's free .

ill take both of 'em:D im gonna be scouting out collision shops on wednesday so I could pick them up then

gavman
08-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I have some stock steering parts that you can have too...PM me for info.
Sucks for the truck though:mad:

epic3
08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
buddy of mine runs a craftsman collision in vancouver if your interested and he's got frame equipment

shawn_ruley
08-28-2007, 08:05 PM
vancouver is a bit far for her to travel with the 4 speed
gonna have to find a place in the okanagan area

slacker
08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
heres the hood

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2/bj_bumperboy/trekkerpartstruck.jpg

shawn_ruley
08-28-2007, 08:25 PM
:eek: NICE!

can see a bit of pitting on the little front lip but at least its better than this...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/bassplayerguy/ouch2.jpg[j]

kamloopsyota
08-28-2007, 09:45 PM
where the fender damage???

shawn_ruley
08-28-2007, 09:51 PM
its wrinkled...just barely out of sight from the pic, tried banging it out but the metal is shrunk, same with the hood

epic3
08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
vancouver is a bit far for her to travel with the 4 speed
gonna have to find a place in the okanagan area

guess so eh
well hopefully someone up in that area can help ya

TOYLESS
08-28-2007, 10:21 PM
drive on buddy

TWOZEROFOUR
08-29-2007, 02:18 AM
who is this guy? dose he own a shop here in town? I would get some buddies and go visit him @ work in the morning!!! Your truck was minty dude, seen it around a bunch, that fuckin Sucks

shawn_ruley
08-29-2007, 02:30 AM
well im not totally blaming him on crashing my truck, its just this shit that hes been pulling with me now. I dont really care about him any more though I just want to have the beast fixed

slacker
08-29-2007, 06:43 PM
dude .. ya never showd up ????

anyway .. hood is here if you want it .

shawn_ruley
08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I know, drove out to vernon and wondered why I could not find eckhardt for the life of me...:o

its mommy's birthday tomorrow so ill try this again on friday

slacker
08-30-2007, 08:52 AM
go south young man :)

no worries .. friday is good .

shawn_ruley
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
got a new hood and fenders from slacker today-thanks bro[cheers]

now all I gots to do is straighten the frame out and put 'er back together[36]

slacker
08-31-2007, 07:06 PM
real good meeting you today ... and putting a face to the sig ... glad I could help .. Seriously.

Let me know If you need any further help with whatever .

Valance is a bit of a problem .. I checked it out today , and seems I have to order mine for the Trekker project from the US .. I cant seem to find NEW/Aftermarket in Canada , other then my dealer connections .

shawn_ruley
08-31-2007, 07:54 PM
thats no problem, its gonna be a little bit before I can even put the new panels on it so Im in no hurry.

unfortunetely Im not gonna have any time to take the best to a bodyshop for a quote till at least next wednesday, then I gotta wait for the next payday before I can take this any further so I gotta do the waiting game for a little bit

kylemartz
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
hey i work at a body shop in abby if u want ur frame pulled let me know