PDA

View Full Version : 460 recipe?

HillBillyLincoln
08-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Anyone have any great ideas /recipes for building a kick ass 460 EFI?
It appears my "new"motor is decided to quit after 9000kms. So I will start over. Keep in mind it's goin in a truck not a 1/4 mile car. I need low end torque etc. Also it's injected. Any input would be great, also who'd the best around to build a motor? warranty?.......please help.[cheers] :confused: :(

Redneck Lincoln
08-26-2007, 11:03 AM
[wtf] already??!!??sorry to here that dude!! the builder wont go good for it?

Redneck Lincoln
08-26-2007, 11:04 AM
i have delt with norm at fortins for years, awesome machinist and a FORD guy. hard combo to find.

HillBillyLincoln
08-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Long story.......not a warranty issue. Anyways I have talked to Norm and his working out a price for me.
Hard to ask all the details....to man I need to ask......has passed on (RIP- Pete).

Looking at alum heads, stainless headers etc, BBK throttle body, maybe a chip?, .......it's only money right?....then newer 96 front clip, fender flares, satin black quick paint, and see if it holds together.

Redneck Lincoln
08-27-2007, 02:23 PM
see if it holds together.[/quote]

GIDDY-UP!!!!!![38]

m j
08-27-2007, 05:12 PM
$3360usd for an assembled 557" short block

http://www.competitionproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=557125SH

Bullet Ford BB Bracket Series Stroker Short Block
The "Beast" is here! Up to 557ci of Ford big block. Bullet's professional technicians machine, fully balance, race prep, blueprint and assemble this monster Ford. Features include a Scat cast steel crank, 6.700" Eagle H-beam rods, SRP pistons, Speed Pro moly rings, Clevite H-series rod bearings and V-series main bearings, and ARP main bolts. They install Durabond cam bearings and brass freeze plugs. No warranty expressed, or implied on short blocks with flat top pistons. Extra Freight Applies.

Tha_Stepside
09-25-2007, 09:09 PM
$3360usd for an assembled 557" short block

http://www.competitionproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=557125SH

Bullet Ford BB Bracket Series Stroker Short Block
The "Beast" is here! Up to 557ci of Ford big block. Bullet's professional technicians machine, fully balance, race prep, blueprint and assemble this monster Ford. Features include a Scat cast steel crank, 6.700" Eagle H-beam rods, SRP pistons, Speed Pro moly rings, Clevite H-series rod bearings and V-series main bearings, and ARP main bolts. They install Durabond cam bearings and brass freeze plugs. No warranty expressed, or implied on short blocks with flat top pistons. Extra Freight Applies.

I love how it says no warranty expressed, if your looking for a killer shorty look into www.speedomotive.com ive heard they are the absolute best from many machine shops and engine builders.

Tha_Stepside
09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
they have a 521 stroker shorty for $3900 and i think all of their engines come with a 1-year warranty at least.