PDA

View Full Version : Some bling for Dad

BeerBaron666
08-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Finaly got the winch on his truck and I got some rope from work to try out on his truck. I can't remember what its call but it's the replacement for kevlar its 4 times as strong as cable very abrasive resistant and very little if any snap back if it break, it was there so I thought we'd try it out:D

gavman
08-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Dad must love the colour:D

Legend
08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
sweetness should work good for that heavy truck

Spooner
08-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Dad must love the colour:D

I was thinking the same thing[15]

Tunabomber
08-25-2007, 12:07 AM
wow never thought i would see the day

ROPE :eek:

cool :cool:

Murd0c
08-25-2007, 12:10 AM
wow never thought i would see the day

ROPE :eek:

cool :cool:

some comps in the us only allow the nylon rope stuff, down south works very well but up here doesn't work that good in the mud and against trees and shit

UU
08-25-2007, 07:03 AM
Barney Rope

factor
08-25-2007, 07:50 AM
does it come in pink too?

epic3
08-25-2007, 09:11 AM
does it come in pink too?

If so then SOOOOOLLLD!!

BeerBaron666
08-25-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm sure you can get it in almost any color but purple is what we had so purple is what he got:D

some comps in the us only allow the nylon rope stuff, down south works very well but up here doesn't work that good in the mud and against trees and shit

First they don't use nylon cause it crap and stretches and when something stretches it snaps back and hurts people, the new gen synthetics are basicly like useing a chain the won't stretch and if the do it's not much so no snap back. What they don't have rocks and mud in the south? It will hold up to alot of abuse and even if you fray it or cut a 1/4 of it it's still be stronger than cable and either way I still wouldn't want to run a cable over a sharp rock and cable will fray just as easy in a shitty situation. I do also have some smooth corners to put on a sharp rock and on a tree if need be. Both cable and rope have there pro's and con's for sure, I work in a rope shop and have delt with cable for a long time so I know both and the rope was a good deal;) if I had to buy it he would have got cable, at $2+ a foot for rope it can get kind of pricey but its way safer and alot stronger in the bottom line and it will put up with a lot of abuse[cheers]