PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone dealt with LMC truck?

Tha_Stepside
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Im gonna be ordering a new truck box for my 78' Stepside Ford from LMC Truck Parts, and im wondering whats the best way to ship it here (Kelowna). Im thinking of shipping it to a postage company in Sumas U.S., cross the border at Abootsford, pick up the box bring it back and pay the fees yadda yadda. Im wondering how much extra it would be to just have it shipped to the nearest distributor in kelowna, or if anyone else has any ideas im all ears.

m j
08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
they have crazy "handling" charges
they wont see any of my $$
broncograveyard.com all the way

82F150
08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
I think my dad has dealt with them but only on small things..and I think they sent the wrong parts too.. I know I was looken at parts for my truck and the shipping was a little much..It was like an extra 100 bux for each fender or somen ... not sure where else you can get that tho..there is a place on main street here in Westbank... not sure whether they do boxes but they deal in older vehicles..

Tha_Stepside
08-22-2007, 11:23 AM
yeah, shipping is free for anything over $1000 in the states, and the box is well over that. Thats why im thinkin of sending it to Sumas and make a day trip with my truck and pick the parts up and bring em' on over. Plus im also getting new gears, C.A.G.E. offroad progressive rate coils and some other parts from other U.S. companies.

caveman
08-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Why not get it sent to Oroville ?

broken_down
08-22-2007, 12:07 PM
only 2 hours or so to oroville....

Trooper
08-22-2007, 12:11 PM
You wont have to pay duty on the box if its made in the canada/mexico or the US. You only have to pay gst and pst. Pre76 collectors parts are duty and tax free.

Tha_Stepside
08-22-2007, 07:03 PM
i have moved to kamloops and there is a great company to deal with right in sumas, its only three hours from where i live. It should work out alright.

adrock
08-22-2007, 07:36 PM
if your in kamloops. go and talk to the guys at triwest or even west can. they should be able to get anypart that you need.

Tha_Stepside
08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
whereabouts are those two outlets, im pretty new to town

adrock
08-23-2007, 07:37 PM
tri west is on 12th street on the north shore. near the bingo. in the same buildings as trucks plus. west can is out in valleyview, along the highway in the same strip mall as the cibc that got robbed last week.
both are in the phone book might be easier to phone triwest . hope this helps.