PDA

View Full Version : Huge fines! The law was passed!

LilChev4x4
08-11-2007, 05:12 PM
:happy0045: Just recently the law WAS put through!!! No motorized vehicles are allowed off the back-country roads..If you are caught doing so, they can, and will, confiscate your vehicle, arrest you, and fine you, up to $100,000.00!! The gov. guys are really serious about implimenting this! All the time, money and love for 4x4ing will be changed to ...Watch your back and your buddy's back..or you'll lose it all!!! This is so F--KED UP! So far, it's been what they've tried to do......Now they can, and will get ya!! Careful everyone, these gov. guys pop-up out of nowhere!! [16]

Tunabomber
08-11-2007, 05:34 PM
wow

someone should let honda, kawi,yami,zuki and everyone else know [16]

Ginger Snaps
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
so where did you get this information? and im assuming this means fsr?

68F100
08-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Soooooo what exactly does that mean; Off the back country roads???

Ginger Snaps
08-11-2007, 06:02 PM
id like to see some proof of this, a link to a document or to a government site that says this. Iv learn not to belive what people say on the internet.

Hyenuf
08-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Vancouver Sun Article.... (http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=3aacd8f8-5f43-40bd-a9e0-67f34a54dac2)

Kinda Scary at first glance but really... There's nothing there was isn't already in place..Seems to me that they are more worried about tearing up areas that are "enviromentally sensitive".. whatever That is supposed to mean!!

Ginger Snaps
08-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Thank you for the link so what does this mean if we are cought on the flats there going to haul away 100+ people away in a waggon?

LilChev4x4
08-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I'll try to find a link for this and/or the Government site...I got this info from a VERY relaible source..What it means is....if you go off the existing FSR's in anything except snowmobiles...you are subject to this law. I didn't want to believe it either.....like I said ...I'll get a link or whatever I can as soon as possible.

Arnee
08-11-2007, 06:23 PM
how can they make it just snowmobiles. they still do "damage" to the enviroment

spanky
08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
well if its true it fuckin sucks

bcwheeler
08-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Um .... O. H .V !!!!!!!

barracuda
08-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll try to find a link for this and/or the Government site...I got this info from a VERY relaible source..What it means is....if you go off the existing FSR's in anything except snowmobiles...you are subject to this law. I didn't want to believe it either.....like I said ...I'll get a link or whatever I can as soon as possible.

and your source is??????? I think you should ask your reliable source the scope and context of this law and how this affects hunting ,fishing, prospecting and other legal endeavours that are not recklessly destructive and get back to us . Or better yet pm me the contact details and i will follow up for you [16]

longhorn
08-11-2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...0-67f34a54dac2

m j
08-11-2007, 07:50 PM
so dont do environmental damage
Stave lake is already destroyed industrial land
hard to do damage on something that hydro already destroyed
first guy with $$ that they try and stick with that it will go down
toothless vague publicity stunt

Landlover
08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I'd like to know more, if anyone finds out in detail throw up another thread.

LilChev4x4
08-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Go to Google..BC regulations Violation Tickets,Adminstration and Fines...some are posted, some aren't? I have been on that site most of the day....and I've tried to find the recent "New" changes to the law.
This post was intended for all 4x4'ers to be aware of the changes that have just recently been made. None of us need the hassle of the gov. officials...or fines or whatever. Gov. agents are working to keep the forests protected.
I will get back to the guy who told me this...As I said he knows his info to be correct..He personally drives a Huge lifted truck himself! I'll get more info asap!

toyon35s
08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
if this crap is true,every 4x4 site and club should roll up into victoria and speak their minds,the government can fine a guy 100,000$ for 4x4in,yet you can walk up and down anyroad and smoke crack or shoot up and fuckall happes,seems pretty stupid to me,maybe the government should do for the 4x4 comunitty what the did for all the junkies and get some place for us to wheel legally,if junkies can have a placeto do their thing we should have a place to do ours[cheers] oh ya a biggo fuck yourself go fuck yourself to our goernment and their fucked up bi laws

Redneck Cowgirl
08-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Yaa well how often do you see any gov. guys out on our trails anyways??? and have some respect.. dont be digging holes and causing problems for other folks... The goverment if doing this cause of thoses assholes who make a big mess and dong give a shit about where the take there truck, or what they do with it... not for many of the people on this site...

jakerngr
08-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I will not stop for these CUNTS for any reason what so ever ..............not even if they are lodge in my undercairage

toyon35s
08-11-2007, 08:35 PM
by off the already established trails means ,no creek runs,no eagle trails,lots of stuff will be gone,shitty deal for everyone,and now that the gov can fine us,you'll see them on the trails,dont forget we have a very greedy goverment[cheers]

LilChev4x4
08-11-2007, 08:38 PM
if this crap is true,every 4x4 site and club should roll up into victoria and speak their minds,the government can fine a guy 100,000$ for 4x4in,yet you can walk up and down anyroad and smoke crack or shoot up and fuckall happes,seems pretty stupid to me,maybe the government should do for the 4x4 comunitty what the did for all the junkies and get some place for us to wheel legally,if junkies can have a placeto do their thing we should have a place to do ours[cheers] oh ya a biggo fuck yourself go fuck yourself to our goernment and their fucked up bi laws
You've got that right Toyon35's...the logging companies are ripping up the forests more than anyone too!! Go to Castanet.net's news site Wed. or Thurs. headlines

LilChev4x4
08-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I guess I've been on this computer too long cause I can't seem to find the headlines on Castanet.:confused: I'll keep working on it..tommorrow, when I'm not hung-over...my eyes and brain are hurtin'!!!

Ginger Snaps
08-11-2007, 08:52 PM
yeah and they will say loggin is making bc money...all they care about is money and i agree with jake im not stoping for them!

toyon35s
08-11-2007, 09:08 PM
its funny,you say you wont stop for them,i bet you do,if your on a trail and you see them im guessin theres more than one out there,one at the entrance and another at the exit,its how the assoles work,besides that you willin to go to jail for running over a government,just to wheel?:dontknow:

Ginger Snaps
08-11-2007, 09:13 PM
yes im going to run them over...Your not much of a thinker im saying im not going to stop wheeling just because they make this stupid law its not like i go chop down trees and disturb other things around me

toyon35s
08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
i knew what you were sayin,just thoght why say it if your not going to do it:confused0006:

Ginger Snaps
08-11-2007, 09:31 PM
You dont know me to make that assumption

Gibbs
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM

[iagree]
Our government goes after anyone they can to make a penny. People who can build off road rigs and afford to buy ATV's and other outdoor toys are prime targets for outrages fines and rules. They aren't gonna go after a crackhead cause they already steal shit to support their habit so they wouldn't see any money out of them anyways.
Therefore go after the honest working class people and stick it to them a little more:mad0217:

Toyquad
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
shitty..... time to take up some new hobbies..... like being a crakchead and stealing cars and beating people up........... no real jail time for that!

Landlover
08-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Like in Oregon, they have wicked OHV (off hwy vehicle) parks. Every trail has a sign at the beginning stating how long it is, how difficult it is, how long it should take you, whether its a truck or a quad trail. It's a good idea becuase you know where you are if anything happens and how far you might need to walk if you break down.

youngun
08-11-2007, 10:59 PM
im pretty sure that they aren't going to be driving the most capable trucks, they would park on the side of the road and walk in and you would see the truck there and think, maybe the government is out there....

Unless their running, locked and lifted trucks, i don't see any problems.
Its not like the government has enought man power to patrol all the trails in B.C.

I guess its just a risk.

SquirreL-E
08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I will not stop for these CUNTS for any reason what so ever ..............not even if they are lodge in my undercairage

[stupid] [stupid] [stupid]

nonhighwayservice
08-11-2007, 11:35 PM

one big parliment lawn job

SquirreL-E
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM
one big parliment lawn job

yea that'll make eeeeeeevverything better, piss them off some more [16]

Hyenuf
08-12-2007, 12:25 AM
I was cruising the sites and seem to have stumbled across something that is related to this....

"The policy recognizes recreational mountain biking and trail building as legitimate activities on Crown land. Trail building will be authorized provided that land and resource use issues and public safety issues can be managed."

http://www.tsa.gov.bc.ca/publicrec/Rec_MtnBike_Policy_Q&A.htm

If you read through the content on that page, you'll notice that the ministry is specifically mentioning that they will work with clubs. So if we want to see 4x4 trails maintained or built in this province, we need to start organizing ourselves and our wallets (clubs need to put up enough liability insurance if they want to build technical trail features (TTFs) into their trails) in order to work with the ministry.

The way I see it.. They're trying to stop the "willy nilly' creation of trails. Someone aiming a 4X4 or quad through the trees is not building a trial.... But that's the perception that most folks outside our hobby have of us; A bunch of beer swilling, pot smoking rednecks with heavy horsepower machines crashing through the forest.

The unfortunate thing is.. most of us sit back and take the " Fuck them.. I'll do what I want" attitude at the same time the Tree Huggers and hikers and whoever else wanted a real voice, got together and wrote letters.... marched in protest.... jump through the hoops of the Government and established themselves as a true intrest group whose opinions matter to the folks that make the laws.

You may not agree with the laws being handed down, but the fact is.. they are the law, and now we have to work within these new laws in order to preserve our right to wheel. There are groups out there right now fighting for our right to wheel.

We can stand with them.... or not.
If you choose Not...... then don't complain about logging roads being closed to us in 10 years.

Taxidermy
08-12-2007, 12:55 AM
kelowna b.c. go to drove off road mountain

Redneck Cowgirl
08-12-2007, 01:02 AM

we should just swap out plates:confused0006: or take then off when where wheeling.. cant find somone if you dont have that info :dontknow:

Taxidermy
08-12-2007, 01:08 AM
BADB.C.GOVERNMENT[blah] [blah] [blah] [blah]
[36] [36] [36] [36] PEOPLE GO TO :party0010:B,C, OFF ROAD

gnu_42
08-12-2007, 01:47 AM
You've got that right Toyon35's...the logging companies are ripping up the forests more than anyone too!! Go to Castanet.net's news site Wed. or Thurs. headlines

what you said is a bit out to lunch...."logging companies" have rules and regulatons in regards to where they can log. they cannot log within a certain perimiter of a creek or fish bearing creek, and they are responsible for replanting everything they 'rip up'. Also, the mountain pine beetle is as an easy excuse to use for loggging such largwe areas as they do.

I also 4x4 my failr share and i rip through creeks and areas that an enviromentalist would say i propably should never go though...but logging companies should never take the heat for government trying to put regualations on 4x4's

NeoAnderson
08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
So essentially what does this new law mean?

Does it mean we can only drive on FSR??
Who needs a 4x4 for that.

go fuck yourselfgovernment.

highwaystar
08-12-2007, 08:42 AM
thats a pretty lame law even tho I think the exact same thing happened a year or two ago and it never changed squat.

Luckily most laws like this apply only to the lower mainland (are only enforced there). (minus the freek big white fiasco)

It will only get worse as out french government has a conspiracy to cram in as many immigrants into b.c as they can, because all we are to our country is an ATM for minerals, lumber, and taxes ( why we have highest gas prices in canada)
More people crammed into the lower mainland = less land to wheel, and more groups fighting over it.

lets face it, motorists didnt even squeek that ICBC is making 250 million dollars so far this year, all we can do about gas prices is organize some half arsed boycott for one day that didnt do anything. we dont have a good track record of fighting. We will lose. We have jobs and familys, its some cat lady who doesnt work that likes to hike that can make the most raquet about the environment.

Having said all that, dont worry about it nothing will happen.
B.C is 100% beutifull but it seems like all interested parties fight over 3% of it. Granted I would assume the most handy 3% for wheeling, but thats what happens when you live in a city.

Anyways, Sorry for sounding like Dale Gribble. here is a recent picture from a mountain, they clear cutted 60% of it, not even leaving sporatic ones. but we destroy the environment...[16]
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h121/Highwaystarbc/bday07011.jpg

Growly Gorilla
08-12-2007, 09:04 AM
. Also, the mountain pine beetle is as an easy excuse to use for logging such large areas as they do.

Um yea,you may want to check into that.We have mountains here that are totally red from beetle kill,the govt. and logging companies waited too long and now the trees have no marketable value.

As for going to Parliament,the IRC had a rally a few yeas back when they were closing harbourview,how many of you attended?
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

UU
08-12-2007, 09:21 AM
I'll just register my Jeep as a snowmabile ;)

Mud Slinging Dumb Fawker
08-12-2007, 09:26 AM
its funny,you say you wont stop for them,i bet you do,if your on a trail and you see them im guessin theres more than one out there,one at the entrance and another at the exit,its how the assoles work,besides that you willin to go to jail for running over a government,just to wheel?:dontknow:

IF they are they wont see anyone wheeling off the roads because they will be at the start of the trails and they will have no evidance that you were fucking shit upp if there at the entrance of the trails then can go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself

HEAVY METAL
08-12-2007, 09:48 AM
its all bullshit....

humptyjumped
08-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Hard to enforce. $100,000 fine is ridiculous. You'd have to drive through weaver creek during spawning season AND EVEN THEN! Most of us 4x4er are hunters and fishers an by nature consurvationalist. The government just doesn't get it [16]

LilChev4x4
08-12-2007, 10:17 AM
If we could all get the $$$$$ together and buy land for exactly that.... Kelowna's own 4x4 Club...all who put money in would have shares in this venture. We could have Muddbogging in Kelowna, like other cities, along with racing,rock climbing, having competions of all kinds! Thier would have to be an Organized, Lisenced,Insured venture. With all the interest here, doing just that would be the answer. Anyone knowing any wealthy people who would be interested in investing in this..maybe it would work???? Could be a very lucrative investment...Somewhere up Joe Rich area? We have Thunder Mountain..Why not MUD MOUNTAIN???!!!!A 4x4, outdoor adventurists dream!!!!!

Hyenuf
08-12-2007, 10:37 AM
If we could all get the $$$$$ together and buy land for exactly that.... Kelowna's own 4x4 Club...all who put money in would have shares in this venture. We could have Muddbogging in Kelowna, like other cities, along with racing,rock climbing, having competions of all kinds! Thier would have to be an Organized, Lisenced,Insured venture. With all the interest here, doing just that would be the answer. Anyone knowing any wealthy people who would be interested in investing in this..maybe it would work???? Could be a very lucrative investment...Somewhere up Joe Rich area? We have Thunder Mountain..Why not MUD MOUNTAIN???!!!!A 4x4, outdoor adventurists dream!!!!!

If we're thinking about the same group they have about $100000 (more or less) put together and more is coming..... they chose to band together to fight the upcoming (and probably inevitable) closures of our favorite wheeling areas. It doesn't take rich folks to get involved... many people like us can pool money and buy as a group.... Like I said earlier.... We can piss and moan about fines and closures.. we can stomp our feet and call it bullshit.. but the fact remains.... without a little organization among ALL of us.... we will lose our wheeling areas.

Throttle
08-12-2007, 10:46 AM
fucking bullshit...... this just sounds like a fucking spam email..... annoying and untrue...

Next they will come out with a rule that doesn't allow turbos on vehicle, because of too many people speeding... Get real.

bcwheeler
08-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Ok I hate to be the one... first off

You may not agree with the laws being handed down, but the fact is.. they are the law, and now we have to work within these new laws in order to preserve our right to wheel. There are groups out there right now fighting for our right to wheel.

If you choose Not...... then don't complain about logging roads being closed to us in 10 years

This is the smartest thing said on this post.. To all you who think your wheeling habits are ECO friendly you are out of your fucking minds you think all these littel creek crossings we do dotn wash a bunch of crap off the underside of our beat up leaky ass rigs.. droppin on rocks splitting shafts and oil pans .. Diff fluids every where on trails .. Over heating rigs with anti freeze and coolants every where...Fuk wake up ... yes it is very shitty this is happening but as buddy said the only way to deal with this is not ot go and piss them off even moreobviously these rules were imposed by people who were pissed off and went through the proper channels to get what they wanted.. Off the top of my head I can think of about a dozen or so countries all over the world that the same shit has happened , and now they have resorted to O.H.V. Parks and it has done nothing but save money , the environment and lives...

Trust me here guys I am the first one to DAMN THE MAN! bu twe all go tot wake up here , what we do when we wheel is far from good to the environment , and we live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet ( granted one of the most expensive) We all need to stand up for our selves that is for sure!!! But we need to go about it the proper way .. Ive been out plenty enough times to see the amount of damage that FIBC events leave in thier paths not only us but just your every day wheelers as well.. Its undenyable that it is rough on the country we tread on...shit the whole principle behind building ur truck .. Hmm bigger meatier tires more tread for diggin in the earth with more power for gettin through creeks and through trees .. Oh yeah guys dont forget the chain saw to cut our way through shit we cant drive through .. Your right you guys we have a right to do it ..or do we..

The loggin industry also makes the BC government and the canadian governtment BILLIONS of dollars oh which just fo rthe record we dont get any of...go figure!! like I said originally guys I m the first one to DAMN THE MAN.. But in this case I think it is just time to wake up and go about things the right way .. we can not deny ourselves the fun we have by just sayin fukem if this is all true we have very few options..

And jus tto note here thisis only my 27.5 cents..

and if ya dont liek it GO fuk ur hat :)

Holy typo's I aitn fixin shit damn the literary man!!!!

LilChev4x4
08-12-2007, 11:19 AM
If we're thinking about the same group they have about $100000 (more or less) put together and more is coming..... they chose to band together to fight the upcoming (and probably inevitable) closures of our favorite wheeling areas. It doesn't take rich folks to get involved... many people like us can pool money and buy as a group.... Like I said earlier.... We can piss and moan about fines and closures.. we can stomp our feet and call it bullshit.. but the fact remains.... without a little organization among ALL of us.... we will lose our wheeling areas.
I'm in!!!!! I'd invest! It wouldn't take much... if everyone pitched a couple thousand each, it wouldn't take long to raise what would be needed!
Maylong, I was stopped by a C.O. he checked my truck and camper,all my insurance papers to make sure everything matched up...That was a first for me! l was legal, some got warning tickets, but, other people weren't so lucky.
The government peeps are creeps....Ok fine...We will never stop playing in the mountains! Let's quit complaining, and join arms!

bcwheeler
08-12-2007, 11:26 AM
as Walturd woudl so elegantly say......

Just sayin':dontknow:

fordgal
08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm in!!!!! I'd invest! It wouldn't take much... if everyone pitched a couple thousand each, it wouldn't take long to raise what would be needed!
Maylong, I was stopped by a C.O. he checked my truck and camper,all my insurance papers to make sure everything matched up...That was a first for me! l was legal, some got warning tickets, but, other people weren't so lucky.
The government peeps are creeps....Ok fine...We will never stop playing in the mountains! Let's quit complaining, and join arms!

http://www.can4x4.com/offroadpark.htm

As to the 4x4 park concept, Albert Vandervelde, the editor of Canadian 4wd magazine brought this up quite a few months ago. I've seen it posted on several 4x4 sites. He has put his contact info at the bottom of this article if you want to get a hold of him. I'm not sure how things are progressing with it but I'm sure with this law more people will be joining in.

nykoma
08-12-2007, 11:42 AM
not to much to worry about . the goverment is to cheap protrol all the roads[cheers]

bcwheeler
08-12-2007, 11:46 AM
wont need money when then can take and use your truck!!!1

apefrill
08-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I agree with Hyenuf and bcwheeler! We need to stop bitchin' and do something about it. If you aren't gonna do something constructive, you have no right to bitch! The fact of the matter is we are all guilty at one point or another of going where we really shouldn't have been. You can still have a good time without going off the trails that are already made and rippin through trees and shit. I don't know what it's like on the coast, but here, there are tons of side trails that are challenging and fun to do that lead to some great lakes and other places. And all without making yourself a new trail.
We all knew this would happen eventually, its not that big a surprise. Now we just have to be smart about it and think before we wheel. "Is making this new trail really gonna be worth losing my truck, or paying a huge fine?" If the answer is no, find one that looks like it might be interesting that has already been cleared. If that is no fun, we can all resort to sittin' around drinking beer and talking about the good old days when we could wheel wherever we wanted! We're all good at that[cheers]

lincoln locked
08-12-2007, 11:49 AM
drama[stupid]i think AL has the right idea but what do i know :dontknow:

AbF250
08-12-2007, 12:42 PM
drama[stupid]i think AL has the right idea but what do i know :dontknow:

Theres actually a thread on 4wheeler.ca about Als park. It looks like its gonna happen. I dont know how to post links, but if you go on there and look in the General 4x4 discussions, you will find it!
Hes looking at anywhere from Salmon Arm to Merritt, down south to the border and maybe a little north of Kamloops.
Closures are already happening here in Southern Alberta, theres only one place you can really go with a 4x4. When that place gets so overused by 4x4s, they'll close that one too. Its not so bad for quads and bikes YET. There is still a few places you can go.

bcwheeler
08-12-2007, 12:52 PM
ther eis no reason why an OHV park isnt an idea that can be realized for us here in the lower mainland.. I looked for a while and spoke with many of realators about it but wasnt mch for interest on her eor other boards glad to see how far All has gone with it .. I just think one here is a good idea for us as well as the general public who doesnt have the exposure to it .. I was watching Trucks on speed channel and there was a company out in ontario somewhere tha thas started to rent Jeeps out for people to go out and rip around ( with a guide ) or without.. and just to experience Wheeling .ended up a bunch of people in the community worked out a lease with some land owners that had several thousands of acres open to thier disposal as long as vehicles were legit.. Its licenced land so ur insurance was valid to an extent.... Any way I think OHV's are the way to go ..

MikeWild
08-12-2007, 01:15 PM
More importantly..........

How is this going to affect my mall crawling????? :dontknow:

Ginger Snaps
08-12-2007, 01:29 PM
damnit no more wendys hill....

Hyenuf
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
More importantly..........

How is this going to affect my mall crawling????? :dontknow:

make sure you don't take the paint off the speedbumps and curbs and you should be OK!!:D

forkliftech74
08-12-2007, 03:36 PM
While growing up , I always thought, the old St. michelles Winery site would make a great urban 4x4 spot.... Legal and everything. I wonder how much Its worth NOW!!!

I often wondered for many years about a legal place to go and have fun, but it all comes down to dollars. Land in the Lowermainland is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to inflated right now. how bout Prince George??
good luck luck to my former wheelin brother and sisters on the coast , you're gonna need it!

Fork[cheers] [36]

Ginger Snaps
08-12-2007, 03:48 PM
St. michelles Winery is nothing special most of the stuff you can do in 2wheel. but i dont know what it was like back in the day its mostly garbage in there now and all entrances blocked off

NeoAnderson
08-12-2007, 08:02 PM
St Michelles actually had some challenges back in the day but got overrun with junk cars and garbage and just plain overuse.
The only thing i don't like about a designated OHV park is that it will quickly get boring...and of course...there WILL be a charge for ya to get in.
And then there will be a member type thing where you have to have a sticker indicating you are "designated" and "legal" to drive in the park....that way they can weed out the less than serious wheelers....all at a cost to us of course!!!!:mad:
I can see where this is going and like HEAVY said ..Its BULLSHIT.go fuck yourself

It better be a damn huge park i tell ya....with rocks and trails and camping and streams and lakes and a mudpit and such.

.:confused0006:

sobe
08-12-2007, 08:26 PM
OHV park eh? Not my kind of thing. Sounds like a dog kennel. Just fence us in so we can't run. I have no problem sticking to pre-existing roads. If I need to get somwhere with no road I have a solution to this dilema. It's called hiking. Maby if more people got their fat asses out of their truck and tried it we wouldn't need to make new trails. Let the loggers do it for us.[cheers]

nonhighwayservice
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
walking.....pfft...nuts to that

Big Mitch
08-12-2007, 10:34 PM
that is so gay

bcwheeler
08-12-2007, 11:47 PM
well god forbid we have to give a little back to get what we've been taking for granted all along.. Its going to happen no matter what anyone says ... that is for sure we just have the choice now to go along and hep with it or get our gigs and rigs all fuked about by the gov .. for a few more years.. to no avail ...I'd rather try to get things sorted so at least weve got something left in 15 yrs....no choice btu to be open minded eventually cause its going to be our only choice

LilChev4x4
08-13-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.can4x4.com/offroadpark.htm

As to the 4x4 park concept, Albert Vandervelde, the editor of Canadian 4wd magazine brought this up quite a few months ago. I've seen it posted on several 4x4 sites. He has put his contact info at the bottom of this article if you want to get a hold of him. I'm not sure how things are progressing with it but I'm sure with this law more people will be joining in.
Yes you are so correct...just go buy this months FOUR WHEEL mag it has a four page right up ALL about a BC 4x4 Park "can it become a reality"/ PAGE 23! It's an awesome article...You'll be very happy to read what it says...[cheers]

sobe
08-13-2007, 05:19 PM
You'll be very happy to read what it says...[cheers]

I'd be happier if the lagislative jerkoffs that passed this law came down with a bad case of the shits for about 5 months. Get it alll out of their system so they can get back to passing real laws, or, for lack of anything better to do, enforcing the ones alredy in place. I know, now I'm just talking sillyness.
:dontknow:

bcwheeler
08-15-2007, 03:54 PM
So what is the latest

LilChev4x4
08-16-2007, 10:11 AM
We'll just keep on 4x4in' for sure!!! This park will take a long time before it becomes a reality....I sent an email to the guy in the article but haven't had a reponse yet.... Just watch your back and your buddies back...those CO's hide out in the wierdest places!! Cheers!!! :)

bcwheeler
08-16-2007, 11:30 AM
so its official wheeling is now illegal???????

barracuda
08-16-2007, 12:31 PM
my main reason for being out in the bush is for hunting ,fishing ,exploration and wildlife watching, I retain the proper permits for these legal endeavours and will continue to pursue them. This law as you speak does not and will not limit my activities .

it appears to me that you have an agenda to promote a 4x4 park in BC and fear mongering is but one of your tactics that is being employed .
this amusement park can never replace hunting , fishing and exploration of crown land.

I am seeing this "park" promoted and attempts made to solicite funds everywhere and see it as a self serving endeavour beneath a veil of altruistic salvation by parties that conceived of the idea thus secureing an interest free loan to acheive thier aquisition of land.

Before you hand over your hard earned cash you had better be sure (in writing and reveiwed by your legal council) of financial obligations and fees , insureance, legal recourse by injured parties , purchasing and selling of stock/shares (the purchase and sale of share should be reflective of current land value and increases over time) and of course the title of property.

bakelite
08-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree with the above, well said. [cheers] I am also reminded of why I moved up here once more.

EIEIO
08-16-2007, 02:05 PM
They dont have enough enforcement in the RCMP / DFO / Forestry / etc to really do much about it. Until we see more officers, dont expect this to be enforced.

Also, Al has a great write up on Crawlin about whats going on with the 4x4 park.

Honky
08-16-2007, 02:53 PM
[!] Al and his sellout mag

apefrill
08-16-2007, 02:54 PM
my main reason for being out in the bush is for hunting ,fishing ,exploration and wildlife watching, I retain the proper permits for these legal endeavours and will continue to pursue them. This law as you speak does not and will not limit my activities .

it appears to me that you have an agenda to promote a 4x4 park in BC and fear mongering is but one of your tactics that is being employed . this amusement park can never replace hunting , fishing and exploration of crown land.

I am seeing this "park" promoted and attempts made to solicite funds everywhere and see it as a self serving endeavour beneath a veil of altruistic salvation by parties that conceived of the idea thus secureing an interest free loan to acheive thier aquisition of land.

Before you hand over your hard earned cash you had better be sure (in writing and reveiwed by your legal council) of financial obligations and fees , insureance, legal recourse by injured parties , purchasing and selling of stock/shares (the purchase and sale of share should be reflective of current land value and increases over time) and of course the title of property.

Wow! What is with the constant habit of people on this site firing accusations at people they don't know?![16] She isn't trying to promote the 4x4 park, she just thinks it's a good idea, for her. Doesn't mean that she expects the rest of us to follow suit. While I do enjoy hanging out with my friends and just sitting around having a few beers and watching others perform and show off, I also love exploring and exposing my children to the same wilderness that my parents exposed me to as a child. Therefore a park like this doesn't appeal to me very much, and obviously you feel the same way. This does not however mean that just because it does appeal to others that they automatically have an agenda for expressing there feelings about it.

From reading your other posts, it is obvious that you are educated and intelligent. Please don't assume that everyone on this sight who is maybe a bit more impulsive and passionate about issues is a moron! You, on more than one occasion have made comments that I'm sure have made the poster feel like an idiot. We are all on this sight for the same reason, no matter how articulate or educated we all love the outdoors and no one person has a right to make people feel small because of their views. That is supposed to be what this site is about. Expressing our view and thoughts on subjects.

Just my 2 cents!

jeeper
08-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Kyle (Baracuda )----"educated and intelligent"

Bahhhhhaaaaaaaa

jeeper
08-16-2007, 04:35 PM
And Apefrill !

Kyles only pointing out the what really needs to be done -not just letting passion get ahead of buisness !

redman
08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow! What is with the constant habit of people on this site firing accusations at people they don't know?![16] She isn't trying to promote the 4x4 park, she just thinks it's a good idea, for her. Doesn't mean that she expects the rest of us to follow suit. While I do enjoy hanging out with my friends and just sitting around having a few beers and watching others perform and show off, I also love exploring and exposing my children to the same wilderness that my parents exposed me to as a child. Therefore a park like this doesn't appeal to me very much, and obviously you feel the same way. This does not however mean that just because it does appeal to others that they automatically have an agenda for expressing there feelings about it.

From reading your other posts, it is obvious that you are educated and intelligent. Please don't assume that everyone on this sight who is maybe a bit more impulsive and passionate about issues is a moron! You, on more than one occasion have made comments that I'm sure have made the poster feel like an idiot. We are all on this sight for the same reason, no matter how articulate or educated we all love the outdoors and no one person has a right to make people feel small because of their views. That is supposed to be what this site is about. Expressing our view and thoughts on subjects.

Just my 2 cents!

look whos callin the kettle black moron [16]

barracuda
08-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Kyle (Baracuda )----"educated and intelligent"

Bahhhhhaaaaaaaa

but i did stay at a holiday in once[9] [9] [9] [9] [9]

barracuda
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
does this thread not appear to be rather contrived? Perhaps i am completly off base here but it does promote discussion of what could be an investment for some

it does spark a few questions

ltd company ,profit -non profit? ? who will the directors be?, primary share holders comprised of? and how are sales of shares handled? maximum of 10 share per person/entity ? will this be a majority Canadian venture?. If the ltd company dissolves then what?

these are just a few questions that i am sure everyone is asking themselves but feel uncomfortable about asking out loud.

epic3
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
but i did stay at a holiday in once[9] [9] [9] [9] [9]

holiday inn
I guess ya didnt stay there long enough

barracuda
08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
They turfed me after only one night.
who knew that you wernt meant to have a midget and her trained donkey in the room :eek:

HILLBILLY
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I was cruising the sites and seem to have stumbled across something that is related to this....

The way I see it.. They're trying to stop the "willy nilly' creation of trails. Someone aiming a 4X4 or quad through the trees is not building a trial.... But that's the perception that most folks outside our hobby have of us; A bunch of beer swilling, pot smoking rednecks with heavy horsepower machines crashing through the forest.

The unfortunate thing is.. most of us sit back and take the " Fuck them.. I'll do what I want" attitude at the same time the Tree Huggers and hikers and whoever else wanted a real voice, got together and wrote letters.... marched in protest.... jump through the hoops of the Government and established themselves as a true intrest group whose opinions matter to the folks that make the laws.

If you choose Not...... then don't complain about logging roads being closed to us in 10 years.

I agree I'm in[cheers]

surreysinner
08-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I dont think I would be worried about it to much.

Shit they cant even catch the guys burning cars at stave in front of hundreds of poeple or the 100 people a night that drive pissed down the road.

nonhighwayservice
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM
just a question...ummm how do you make a trail with out smashin some trees down?? You can't have smoke with out fire...

barracuda
08-16-2007, 08:45 PM
you should have highlighted it dumbass[36]

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda
but i did stay at a holiday in once

holiday inn
I guess ya didnt stay there long enough

apefrill
08-16-2007, 10:49 PM
look whos callin the kettle black moron [16]

I have no intention of getting into a bout of name calling over this[16], just giving my opinion like everyone else. Lil Chevy is just trying to give everyone a heads up so no one has any trouble. It has nothing to do with promoting a 4x4 park or anything else. You can take whatever you want from this thread.

Now its time for the customary temper tantrum and the "I'm outta here! I don't need to take this abuse!!"

Isn't that how it goes;) :D

LilChev4x4
08-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey there..:confused0006: over 1700 views and 90 replies... this thread is obviously an interest to some!!! I WAS NOT promoting shit, or, to piss anyone off! Geez guys! A simple post because I, and we, don't need to f---'ed with anymore by the fed's....Personally, I was exicted about the new and hopefully upcoming park..Friends of mine have been running Thunder Mountain for years (a race track up by Big White)..it Rocks! I am aware of how it works as far as insurance ect.I love the bush..I love the freedom of 4x4ing where ever...the real point here is...the laws have been changed now. It is only a matter of time before we will have to go far into the wilderness not to be concerned with being fined!. I have spent the last 4 years doing just that..Rippin' in a BAD Big Truck...and too many years to mention enjoying the great outdoors..fishing and hunting!!!.Sorry guys if ya didn't like the post....Some people don't watch the news or read Headlines....thought it would be interesting ..not another reason to slam anyone who opens a new thread.....if ya don't like it....
Hmmmmmm...I don't either! Damn Gov. Assholes!!! That's the whole point here!!!![cheers]

LilChev4x4
08-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks Apefrill....I knew you'd know where I was comin' from! We all love playin' in the bush, and mud! It is very sad to lose that freedom!!! :(

bcwheeler
08-17-2007, 11:41 AM
just a question...ummm how do you make a trail with out smashin some trees down?? You can't have smoke with out fire...

Um yes you can....

redman
08-17-2007, 11:50 AM
I have no intention of getting into a bout of name calling over this[16], just giving my opinion like everyone else. Lil Chevy is just trying to give everyone a heads up so no one has any trouble. It has nothing to do with promoting a 4x4 park or anything else. You can take whatever you want from this thread.

Now its time for the customary temper tantrum and the "I'm outta here! I don't need to take this abuse!!"

Isn't that how it goes;) :D

if you knew me you know i only posted that to get under your skin,

thats how it is round these parts. if every one grows some skin it will be all good.

[cheers] least ya know for next time [36]

bcwheeler
08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh and talk about speaking ones mind on here .. Ok I go .. Um Barramundy or who ever you are..You are an asshole I think you degrade people with your text book mentallity and your obvious computer side thesarus and dictionaries I think you should be shot with a huge ball of your own shit!!!

I dont think you have any right on here to thrash people who are posting ANYTHING its an open site and open mind is required so If all you got to say is "BLAH BLAH BLAH I think I m so smart" and toss people into the fire then GO FUK YOUR SELF YOU EGOTESTICLE COCK SMOKER... Quit rainging down on people parades .. If you are so god damn smart you should be able to figure out what I am sayin is understandable and true ..Im sure its not very rare for you to be called out on your BULLSHIT EDUMACATED COMMENTS..

You may impress some people on here with your mumbo jumbo ,, but behind all the smarts your still an idiot.....

and if this offends any one on here (other than Barramundy) SORRY but htis guy gets under my skin ...

Lil Chev I agree with your thougts and hope that more people on here can be a little more understandable of ones OPINIONS..

Im sure barramundy is only voicing his opinion , but its the manner in which he does it .. Oh and one more thing barramundy dont flood this thread with a bunch of big words you may upset the simpletons round here you got someting to say PM It !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] :) :) :) :) :vroam: :vroam:

wonderland
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
loldrama[51]

Honky
08-17-2007, 01:16 PM
......dont flood this thread with a bunch of big words you may upset the simpletons round here.....

Hey i'm not upset. [redneck]

EIEIO
08-17-2007, 01:49 PM
bcwheeler, you ever met Cuda? Probably one of the most stand up people I know. Sucks that his "big words" can't be processed.

Honky
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
[stupid] Cuda is a great guy!

bcwheeler
08-17-2007, 01:55 PM
go fuck yourself There you guys go again messin with the simpletons... I cant see how stand up someone is if all they do is try to bring other people down.. Process that .....:confused0006:

bcwheeler
08-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Im sure he is but he seems to have way too much of the holyier than thou attitude towards some people...I just wont stand around and not say what I have to say everyone else says what they want to I just think he is out of line sometimes( as am I ) and I call it how I see it so if anyone is all up in a tissy ooops

redman
08-17-2007, 02:01 PM
yup he makes gooder jerky too [5]

barracuda
08-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I said nothing that other folks have said and the manner in which i post is unfortunatly, actually how I speak in person (ask anyone that knows me ) . If i had said this is bullshit or spam or anything else that others have said would that be allright? if i had said Al is a sellout and put in this [!] would that be better?

I am not raining on anyone parade It is simply the way i see it (I take no offence to people telling to fuck off or telling me to shut up) which is not the only way of seeing things it is simply one persons perspective which in the scheme of things really isnt much . My posts are only worth as much as you have paid for it.

I admit that I am an odd fellow both in person and on the internet and for some reason my speech pattern seems piss you off but asking me to speak in a manner that is not normal for myself is a little unreasonable dont you think? . It is nothing more then the wayn i express myself.

If my posts fill you with anger or you hate reading them then by all means dont read them, pass right by them and never give me a second thought .

sorry if what I say or have said offends you.

ford
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
then fuck off and shut up and let the thread get back to its original point:welcome:

Honky
08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
I if i had said Al is a sellout and put in this [!] would that be better?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YES :D

barracuda
08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
then fuck off and shut up and let the thread get back to its original point:welcome:

and done :)

bcwheeler
08-17-2007, 03:36 PM
and done ... :D go fuck yourself :D

sobe
08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
drama Well, that was fun. So.... I hope no one was offended by my comment(s). (and too bad if you were) I thank LilChev4x4 for the information. I know he's not happy about it either. I don't think anyone is on here to promote a 4x4 park for financial gain and there's nothing wrong with being pro-park. To each their own. However, let's not cut each others throats over a post that was just meant as a heads up. Why fight each other when there's a common enemy? We should focus our anger to our Govenment officials. Write a letter (I think Barracuda would be well qualified for this approach[cheers] ), make a phonecall, send an e-mail. Lets flood those bastards with our thoughts on these new laws. This thread is so popular because people are passionate about B.C.'s outdoors and we all want to know if something is going to change or affect our access to it.

Back in te 80's (if I recall correct) logging roads were not all public access. It was the gov. that said no no no, ALL roads are public roads, and the gates came down. Now we are seeing more and more gates going back up. We need to change our thinking before all the gates go back up.

Just my 2 cents. (if you don't think it's worth 2cents please mail me my change as I have a wedding to pay for)

bcwheeler
08-17-2007, 06:08 PM
so did anyone get info on the new law yet or what?
`

bob
08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I for one enjoy barracuda's knowledge and theory and like he said " if you don't like what he says don't read it" it's like porn on the internet - if you don't like it don't look

and Remember Knowledge is Power I'm guessing a lot of you don't have it

bcwheeler
08-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh jesus people it snot the fact that he uses big words jesus christ.. Its the way he comes down on people if he doesnt agree with them , I guess it just his way of expression..Well in that case he expresses himself kinda like I do ..LIKE AN ASSHOLE .. He knows what I mean, he might not be purposely degrading people in he speaks but it sure does come out that way some times...go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself :D

barracuda
08-17-2007, 11:22 PM
ok guys lets try to get this thread on track . perhaps if each person fires off an email to thier MLA expressing your concerns (you are meant to get a reply) this can actually get some momentum if enough individuals (potential voters) put some pressure on them. This is exactly how other special interest groups start to get their needs met.

here is an example of how the greenies do it

http://www.conservationvoters.ca/what/27.2.05
http://www.conservationvoters.ca/mlas

here is a list and finder of the MLAs

http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm
http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-7.htm

jakerngr
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
who wants an arm wrestle??
or an indian leg wrestle???
my dad is tougher than your dad

FU Toolbag
08-18-2007, 02:50 AM
Your all being pooppy.

I've given Al my pledge, weather "his" park be in my backyard or a 8 hour drive away. When this goes through it will also serve as a model, good or bad, for others to follow. There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered, but this is still the preliminary stages.

As far as the money grab thing goes, I know Al personally and have no questions as to his motives. I'm not a mindless drone following the leader, in fact I've had a few "discussions" as to how some things should be done, but his motivation is very much on the up and up. With the possibility of fees, what do you expect? even the boy scouts I used to lead used the pay to play method. Join almost any clug and pay fees. You pay big bucks to get your truck where you want it, will it kill you to pay $30 for a weekend pass in a designated 4x4 park with other like minded people and no C.O.'s esspecialy if your membership fees are going towards improvements withing the park?

As far as me and mine, we will make use of it, even if we have to plan our vacation around it. We will aslo still continue to utilize the vast network of forestry roads and trails as the exist. I'm not into blazzing trails for a few reasons. It gives amo to the tree huggers, it's not neccisary, & I'm a lazy bastard. I started wheeling back when the loging roads were gated and locked and I did take alternate routes back in the day, but that was when Ozzy was comprehencable. I'm a bit smarter now, or at least I remember myself dumber. There are hundreds of old logging roads and trails, lots of them just waiting to be rediscovered. There's no real need to be choping out new trails. Between gps units and googgle earth as well as old maps, there are basicly no areas in bc that there isn't already axcess to.

I've really lost my thought here, and am a little off the original topic, and that being illegal wheeling. I'ld like to see a actual map from the government that states wher is ok and where is no go. Of course, with something as simple as that, they can't surprise us, and we can't play dum. Why not set it up like hunting and fishing. You go get your fishing licence for the year, and it comes with a packet with info as to when and where you can do what. I'll probably get flamed for that one, but really, what would the harm be? I know more gov. bs, but if every spring you had to have your truck inspected for leaks and other eco shit, and it gets it's offroad licence. I would insist that the snowmobilers, mountain bikers and hikers also have their gear checked out for eco infractions as well. Can't let any of those illegal nike's leak any of their soft step comfort gell out and contaminate the pine bettles reproductive cycles.

LilChev4x4
08-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I for one enjoy barracuda's knowledge and theory and like he said " if you don't like what he says don't read it" it's like porn on the internet - if you don't like it don't look

[36] I second that!!!!! Barracuda.... Thanks for your input, knowledge and posts!![cheers]

T.O.
08-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Not that your biased or anything...
:D

LilChev4x4
08-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I remember a time when I fished and actually caught a few fish. Hunted and brought home dinner(both had a small licence fee). 4x4'ed and rock climbed, playing all day with no hassles!! Nothing is free anymore! The Gov. wants to see to that!!! Camping and 4 wheelin' have been one of the few things left to enjoy! The outdoors offers good clean fun for children and their families to make the memories we as children took for granted. Nowadays, to get away for most people, everything is too expensive, except camping and wheeling!!....Our rights and freedoms are replaced by laws imposed by Fat Cat legislators who have probably never been in the outdoors other than lighting their BBQ in thier own backyard!! WE need to fight for our rights! Times have changed in everyway, but, if we join together and all write to our MLA's maybe they'll see we're as serious as the Tree huggers (we love our trees too!) So, I've written a letter to our MLA....have you? It will be in the mail tommorrow!!![cheers]

spanky
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
wow 8 pages anything solved yet

Fuzzydog
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
the way this has been blown out of proportion by the media is unreal. Look at the Bill - it is Bill 18, and made changes to the Forest and Range Practices Act - basically making it a chargeable offence to cause environmental damage. Neither the law nor the act say "your mudbogging is going to cost you $100,000 and a year in jail". Sheesh! - there is no 'new law' banning mudbogging or trail building. They are just sensationalizing the fact that you can be charged for causing environmental damage which is the way it has always been - they just put it in a new Act giving them 1 more course of action if someone is caught. It is a very small part of Bill 18 which deals much more with commercial operations, forestry licences, etc.
When we are out in the bush we have always been at the mercy of the CO's and whether or not they got laid the night before - if you were doing something out in the woods and the CO was in a bad mood he could find something to charge you with. If he was in a good mood he might let it slide. And if you aren't being a dickhead, and acting pretty much responsibly and being respectful then nothing ever came of it. How many of you are aware that it is a chargeable offence to pick up a dead stick in a provincial park for firewood? And technically, it is an offence to take that cool looking rock that you found....

IN FACT, and I think someone else mentioned this, there is a procedure that you can go through to get permission to make trails, and what I have seen so far is that there isn't an anti-4x4 bias in this process - it just seems no one has thought to take this course.

I think the big issue here is to determine what is environmental damage and what isn't? For example, my basic offroading philosophy is that if there was ever a road there, EVER, then it is fair game. You get far enough off the FSR and onto the ancient skidder trails and that can give you some pretty good wheelin. Or the really ancient mining roads that kootenaycat uses to get those great pics for us. A 'road deactivated' sign just means 'off roaders welcome - all others keep out' :D.

There will always be idiots ripping up the wilderness. just don't be one of them and you won't have anything to worry about.

tbm
08-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Great thread!!
Love the people that wanna please the gov by fencing themselves in.
The pic of random garbage beside the road (which has FA to do with 4x4s) really evokes the emotion in me as well. Picture a tear running down my cheek.
Is 'emotion' too big a word for this thread?
Good times.
I fully support your efforts to build an off-road park where you can be completely regulated and properly supervised.

sobe
08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Great thread!!
(which has FA to do with 4x4s)

Who said it did? I was talking about gates and the fact that garbage left by "others" 4x4 or not, will lead to the lockdown of all our forestry roads.

northernman
08-24-2007, 02:52 PM
:happy0045: Just recently the law WAS put through!!! No motorized vehicles are allowed off the back-country roads..If you are caught doing so, they can, and will, confiscate your vehicle, arrest you, and fine you, up to $100,000.00!! The gov. guys are really serious about implimenting this! All the time, money and love for 4x4ing will be changed to ...Watch your back and your buddy's back..or you'll lose it all!!! This is so F--KED UP! So far, it's been what they've tried to do......Now they can, and will get ya!! Careful everyone, these gov. guys pop-up out of nowhere!! [16]go fuck yourself That's Why My Guns Are Loaded[36]

tbm
08-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Who said it did? I was talking about gates and the fact that garbage left by "others" 4x4 or not, will lead to the lockdown of all our forestry roads.

No it won't.

bcwheeler
08-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey TBM GO FUCK YOUR HAT YOU GOOF !!!!!!! how about that for evoking an emotion!!!!!! Dumb narrow minded sum bitch !!!!!!! Your right though .. Why think of making a park we should keep on until Weelin is illegal right across the place .. Good thinkin..go fuck yourself :D go fuck yourself :D go fuck yourself :D go fuck yourself :D

Think positive right say nice things or no things at all.... or the bad man will get you....

"instead of edit" OOOPs I forgot goof was such a nasty word up here.... so Ill change it to DUMBSHIT ......

sobe
08-27-2007, 01:34 AM
No it won't.

Open your eyes buddy. It's already happenning.

tbm
08-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey TBM GO FUCK YOUR HAT YOU GOOF !!!!!!! :D

Fuck you!

OOOPs I forgot goof was such a nasty word up here.... so Ill change it to DUMBSHIT ......

What do you mean "up here"? You a stinkin' yank? Double fuck you!

Its bitches like you that promote the idea that we need permission to explore our own province from big brother.
I refuse to be told where I can and can't go.
Nothing irks me more than seeing garbage left on the trails, but I won't be punished for it!

I won't be shoved into some postage stamp recreation area and I certainly won't go voluntarily.

This is not 'their' province to decide where I can or can't go!

It's mine.

Honky
08-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I have to agree with TBM… but I’m sure you guys can discuss this without the name callin….speak as if you are standing in front of the person….words to live by folks…..cause you will be soon.

I was thinking of the whole off road park this weekend as I was driving down the trail. I found two maybe three new possible trails that with a little work are going to be a fun challenge. I agree that “crown land” is as much mine as it is the government. There are sooooooo many possible new local trails that the idea of an idea of an off road park seems kinda odd. To each their own. If there was an off road park close by I might visit it but there is not a chance that I will give up exploring this incredible province.

barracuda
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
and just to add a little bit of levity to the mix here is a blast from the past:D

"
This sounds like a job for "Welder Man"(que the super hero music or Raiders of the Lost Ark music) AKA Kevin the Metal Areater . Picture This Majestic Super hero fly towards that damaged steel frame of the superheros trusty steed CJ. in his now infamous trademark bright yellow asbestoes Spandex suit and Cape and his super sunglasses on his head he is ready for action.
Poised like a tiger ready to pounce, he attacks this villanous act perpetrated by his arch enemy Metal Fatigue and Stress. Our fearless hero wades into battle with his torch in one hand and his stinger in the other, never once backing down from what seemed like certain peril lying before him.
Against insurmountable odds and unfaltered by molten metal and slag that spit at him like a dragon from Hell, he works his Magic bringing peace and order to another tragic metal catastophie.

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!

"WelderMan" AKA Kevin the Metal Areater you are my hero!!!

Stay tuned next week as our fearless hero tackles the evil villan RUST!!!!

:party0010:

Honky
08-27-2007, 10:59 AM
[15] you dink…..speaking of welding….the old CJ could use another small plate on the top of the frame…….she’s an old girl that will be put out to pasture soon

barracuda
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
nods as good as a wink to a blind bat;)

say no more say no more[cheers]

sobe
08-27-2007, 11:23 AM
I refuse to be told where I can and can't go.
Nothing irks me more than seeing garbage left on the trails, but I won't be punished for it!

I won't be shoved into some postage stamp recreation area and I certainly won't go voluntarily.

This is not 'their' province to decide where I can or can't go!

It's mine.

I fully agree. Hence the pics. of the garbage. I try to take them whenever I'm out and fire them off to our environment minister with the gps coordinates. Right now there is NO ONE responsible for cleaning up garbage in the woods. The govt. says it shouldn't be there in the first place so there shouldn't be a need for anyone to clean it up. I worked on this for over 2 months solid trying to get someone to step up and clean up or at least authorize to pay someone to do it. Eventually I just got dizzy from running circles. I've come to the conclusion the govt. really doesn't care, it's easier to put up a gate. Look at how many gates are in behind Stave now.

bcwheeler
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
ok Kev I hear where you are coming from , ... And well maybe it didnt come across when we have met but .. When I speak on hereI AM SPEAKING AS IF I WERE IN FRONT OF PEOPLE... sorry didnt mean to yell...

UM TBM... Just incase you forgot this province is a province of Canada run by the Canadian government FOR canadians.. The Government are the ones who hold the papers you $*&^&#&#@#$%&%#^*#$&#@$@#^$@# .. its people like me who have the openmindedness to know when things should be brought to happy medium between the gov. and the people .. They will NEVER take away our totall ability to go where we want and when we want..But what they will take is your freedom to keep your rigs .. or the they will simply make your life a living hell, Oh and by the way im not a yank.. you @#%&#$&#$*#$&@#$&@$&@#^@#^%@(*%&($^%*&^*^ # ........... The idea of an offroad park can and will become a reality doing nothing but good for our love of the outdoors , not only preserving the environment from utter and complete destruction by those few assholes out there tha distribute thier trash and other noonsense out on our trails and such , but it will also open up the world of Wheeling to a Way larger demographic of people which will not only help to open some eyes to our little fun world but can also help in the preservation of our sport,,

I can personally say that I would use a park , and I know serveral of you guys out there that areagainst it would go use it as well, I mean come on in its own right it is just another trail, but have you a safe one a monitored , clean , insured , and ligit way to enjoy our fading sport.. Eventually there will be no other way wether you want to except it or not.. and by the way I think your a &%$^#@&%*&(^(^%(%#&)*&%%$*)&(&)*&^(*^%(^$*(&

Caribourob
08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Tell me this isn't considered acceptable. :(

sobe
08-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Labour day weekend a few years back some guys were doing that up Harrison East, posted their pics with plates and beer out the window to boot all on the net. I heard fisheries nailed 'em for damaging/poluting spawning grounds and RCMP nailed 'em for drinking & driving.

Honky
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah it would be nice if people stop fucking driving in that dam lake…..not only because it is a small lake but it rips up the little grass that is on the beach. [16]

Honky
08-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey bcwheeler, only met you once and I thought hell-of a guy. By all means speak as you do in front of people. Most that I’ve met on here do post as if they are standing around the fire…which is great!! Be yourself! This community is too small to be an internet tuff guy

tbm
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
UM TBM... Just incase you forgot this province is a province of Canada run by the Canadian government FOR canadians..

What does the federal government have to do with it? Provincial jurisdiction.

But what they will take is your freedom to keep your rigs .

Wrong again. Maybe they will take your rig. You must of been first in line to register your guns when the fed started that bs too.

not only preserving the environment from utter and complete destruction by those few assholes out there tha distribute thier trash and other noonsense out on our trails and such ,

Garbage is ugly and pisses me off. But it will not cause utter and complete destruction of the environment.
Jesus, how many square km do we clearcut every year in this province?
Pulp mills anyone?
What about strip mining, dredging and god knows what else these miners do? They haven't been too careful in the past with their chemicals.
How bout BC hydro flooding entire valleys (arrow lakes). You hear anyone calling for a ban on xmas lights?

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=7daaad90-7a09-4fcb-ad94-f44a4557fbdb

And a couple hundred 4x4s are supposed to tread lightly? Give me a break.
This 'they'll close the trail cause there is a beer can on it' is bs.

Go open your park, like I said before I fully support it. Some people can't handle freedom and probably don't deserve it.

but it will also open up the world of Wheeling to a Way larger demographic of people which will not only help to open some eyes to our little fun world but can also help in the preservation of our sport,,

What is this obsession with wanting everybody to wheel?
Preservation of our sport?
Is it a sport? Whats the score? Who is winning?
Thats the difference between you and me right there.
Going outside is not a sport to me but a right which I will defend rigorously (spelling?).
I don't need acceptance from the mass of consumers to enjoy the outdoors.
Don't care what the drooling idiots in front of their boob tubes think.

Let's leave the mini van people in the city where they belong!
Fuck, you think garbage is bad now?

jakerngr
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
http://board.marlincrawler.com/Smileys/marlin/goodnight.gif

bcwheeler
08-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Garbage is ugly and pisses me off. But it will not cause utter and complete destruction of the environment.
Jesus, how many square km do we clearcut every year in this province?
Pulp mills anyone?
What about strip mining, dredging and god knows what else these miners do? They haven't been too careful in the past with their chemicals.
How bout BC hydro flooding entire valleys (arrow lakes). You hear anyone calling for a ban on xmas lights?

You know I thought it was obvious bu tIll explain why its ok for them and not us...

Maybe because all these things are MULTI BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRIES !!!!! God damn you Asshat.. oh sorry you @$&$#^&# ... Are you fukin serious I would love to be there and see how rigorousley your defend your rig when the Gov officials are there takin it from your ignorant stubborn ass.. Come on man what are some kinda militia tough guy ,, your an idiot , man grow up .. Its a reality that we and the industries are not united in our efforts andboth Destroy the environment.. Tread lightly or dont tread at all ,, Live by it swear by it or what ever btu you will eventually conform , wether you want to accept that or not , Hopethere is some reasoning in your head one day you'll see... I am not fightng for the government me of all peopl ehate them bastards as much as the next guy if not more...

Those dumb yanks you speak of ,, they used to be able to wheel anywhere they wanted too as well look at the SPORT now ...

1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc. 2.a particular form of this, esp. in the out of doors. 3.diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime. 4.jest; fun; mirth; pleasantry: What he said in sport was taken seriously. 5.mockery; ridicule; derision: They made sport of him. 6.an object of derision; laughingstock. 7.something treated lightly or tossed about like a plaything. 8.something or someone subject to the whims or vicissitudes of fate, circumstances, etc. 9.a sportsman. 10.Informal. a person who behaves in a sportsmanlike, fair, or admirable manner; an accommodating person: He was a sport and took his defeat well. 11.Informal. a person who is interested in sports as an occasion for gambling; gambler. 12.Informal. a flashy person; one who wears showy clothes, affects smart manners, pursues pleasurable pastimes, or the like; a bon vivant. 13.Biology. an organism or part that shows an unusual or singular deviation from the normal or parent type; mutation. 14.Obsolete. amorous dalliance

in the words of WALTURD Just sayin':dontknow:

And dont start on the registering guns thing man .. Im not even legally allowed to carry a fukin swiss army knife let alone a gun... ever since I stabbed my third grade teacher in the THroat ..(ok lil bent truth there but I would have done it)

As far as the government goes man I dont exist here or anywhere in north america I dont believe ,, only thing I got on record actually is my icbc and its part in my brothers name...I am a firm beliver in DAM THE MAN !!!!
Kill Whitey and all that jazz...

so think it through man Ill save you a parking spot right next to the mini vans at the park ok ..@$%^(@%^(@&#^ .go fuck yourself

sobe
08-27-2007, 10:06 PM
drama well shit, if you can't stop'em from slitting each others throats, you may as well watch the show & bet on who'll live.

jeeper
08-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Just ran across this thread !

Great read !

Best part was barracudas super heroe story !

All that bein said !

Lets stop the pissin match at whos the best for the world ! Ive found that Most people really want to do the right thing and have a sustainable and liveable world !

That bein said ----The impact us "wheelers" have on the environment is so minimul compared to the roads and trails we use to go hae that impact !

Can we do better to reduce that impact -hell Ya !

Can we clean up better after ourselves ---Hell Ya !

But it takes all of us to work together to do that !

I have no trust for a governmental agency or anything like that telling us what and how to do things ! We as a group of people that Love being outdoors -----wheelin /fishin/hikin/campin/ etc etc have to do our best to police ourselves to make sure the "man" doesnt have anymore amunition then he already has to justify another closure etc !

So----------------Lets tread lightly ! Encourage each other to packout more then they pack in and Life will go on !

now as to the "man" tellin me I cant go somewhere ! ---Well F@ck him ! Who gave "the man" total control ove our lives ?

Mud Slinging Dumb Fawker
08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Im shure if this law was passed that some one on here would have allready got THE ticket so im still out there till i no someone that gets a ticket so happy wheeling to all :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010: :party0010:

bcwheeler
08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Ive been told ths evening about some people that were ticketed for leavin gthe roadway out stave way they were first warned by officials when they unloaded thier rigs then they were givena ticket.. Sorce of this is a friend.. Still no absoluteness cause I wasnt there.. But its started , I also know of a guy who lives out stave way on keystone area, and he and his buddies were ticketed for riding thier Rhino's on the powerline trails and offshoots..so ya never know huh????

barracuda
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
as far as i remember off highway vehicles do have to carry insurance and as for Stave I can certainly believe that the police would be very strict on regulation enforcment for that area because of all the problems associated with it. Heck they even put up a big sign warning users of that area to play nice and be legal
What were the tickets for exactly?

tbm
08-28-2007, 12:23 AM
I heard from a guy I know that they are ticketing anyone that has mud on their truck!

Dumbass

tbm
08-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Ive been told ths evening about some people that were ticketed for leavin gthe roadway out stave way they were first warned by officials

Officials? Elaborate.

Mud Slinging Dumb Fawker
08-28-2007, 07:12 AM
I heard from a guy I know that they are ticketing anyone that has mud on their truck!

Dumbass

you could fight that because i still have mud on my truck from last weekend so they still have no evidance that i was there

LilChev4x4
08-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Just ran across this thread !

Great read !

Best part was barracudas super heroe story !

All that bein said !

Lets stop the pissin match at whos the best for the world ! Ive found that Most people really want to do the right thing and have a sustainable and liveable world !

That bein said ----The impact us "wheelers" have on the environment is so minimul compared to the roads and trails we use to go hae that impact !

Can we do better to reduce that impact -hell Ya !

Can we clean up better after ourselves ---Hell Ya !

But it takes all of us to work together to do that !

I have no trust for a governmental agency or anything like that telling us what and how to do things ! We as a group of people that Love being outdoors -----wheelin /fishin/hikin/campin/ etc etc have to do our best to police ourselves to make sure the "man" doesnt have anymore amunition then he already has to justify another closure etc !

So----------------Lets tread lightly ! Encourage each other to packout more then they pack in and Life will go on !

now as to the "man" tellin me I cant go somewhere ! ---Well F@ck him ! Who gave "the man" total control ove our lives ?
[36] Well put...thanks for all your repliesdrama
This thread was intended to let people know what has been, and are head lines in Catanet.net, local and provincial papers and magazine's. Not promoting anything... other than asking if anyone had read the lastest headlines on something that would effect us all... Some just don't read or get on a computer....HOT topic for sure!!!! BC wheeler's love the outdoors, and will continue too but this guys thread says it all very well! Again thanks to most of you for your intellegence and input!!!![cheers]