PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Creek - Playmore Junction

yota90ca
08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Well I meet up with KootenayCat in Slocan Park, meet Will, Wayne and Scott as well.

We drove up Pedro Crk FSR to the Three towers along the ridge above Slocan Valley. Found a nice little lake just past the third tower. Lots of fun on the rocks along the road. Meet some other ATV's from Playmore Junction area saying that the trail was really rough to the junction.

Went to look for Donut lake and drove right past it. Found some other great views, saw some of the road my Boss designed and built for Timber Sales.

On the way back we found Donut lake. Short little walk in from the road.

I don't have many photos.

KootenayCat,

I should have warned you not to get me close to water, because some part of my body will find away to get wet. :D

I also know were you are to start from playmore, talked with a few of the other locals that have been in the area for a while.

Resting on the trail to Rockslide lake

Some of the Views:

Going to the third Tower. There is a final Climb to it in the photo.

Looking towards Nelson. You might make it out between the trees

More Views

Deathtrap
08-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Nice pics

Landlover
08-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Looks like a good time, how far could a truck go?

yota90ca
08-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Looks like a good time, how far could a truck go?

All the way. But it is a rough road, lots of sharp rocks and steep slopes. All the lakes though are walk in only but a few 100m from the Road, Rockslide was the only one that would take a bit.

Taxidermy
08-03-2007, 10:41 AM
sweet pics cool mountain

kootenaycat
08-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey, those pics look familiar! :D Nice to see a pic of me on this site! You getting sick of smoke yet Kris? Or is the wind blowing in the right direction? Trail and Fruitvale have only seen one bad day of smoke when it changed direction and headed south. Other then that it's been normal.

Good riding with ya, we're heading up that way on Sunday if you're interested. Either Koch ck or Lemon ck valleys. I'll call you Saturday.

Kevin

yota90ca
08-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey, those pics look familiar! :D Nice to see a pic of me on this site! You getting sick of smoke yet Kris? Or is the wind blowing in the right direction? Trail and Fruitvale have only seen one bad day of smoke when it changed direction and headed south. Other then that it's been normal.

Good riding with ya, we're heading up that way on Sunday if you're interested. Either Koch ck or Lemon ck valleys. I'll call you Saturday.

Kevin

Not yet i took a little vacation to the Okanagan to see my folks, Help them move into there new place, no more bridge for them.

I wont be back to the kootenays until monday and i still have to fix the CV boot that ripped last time i went out, But thanks for the offer, Maybe next time. Let me know when you plan to go out next, I will drive down and play tourist in your neck of the woods.

redman
08-05-2007, 05:16 PM
sweet pics as always from that area