PDA

View Full Version : Boyzen (Chris) Alsek

Toyrantula
07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Looking at rear springs for my 93 toy.

I have 4inch blocks in it and a torsion bar twist up front.

WHat i got and want. I have a 4inch front lift to be put in with the shocks and urethane bushings. Now I need to match up the rear.

Thinking of keeping the torsion twist where it is and add the front lift to it, then maybe add a 6inch lift spring and keep the blocks in back. the blocks have the proper angle built into them and they are steel with hardened centering pins, not the cheap shit.

What is your opinion AND what am i looking at for cost on a pair of lift springs?

THANK YOU

Tyghe

highwaystar
07-30-2007, 07:47 PM
just have to hijack comment!

They just rearched and did add a leaf on my rear leaf springs same truck 93 toy and boy it rides so nice now. Im so freekin happy with it. They were sitting on the overload so with the full length add a leaf It rides soooo much softer.

[36] x100 to alsek.

oh and congrats on 4" lift should look killer.

Apathy
07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
if you crank your t-bars too much and with the 4" lift, you may have CV joint issues. why not go with a total caos long travle kit and call it good?

Murd0c
07-30-2007, 08:52 PM
it's quite common in toys to blow cv's when there crancked to much. Add a leafs baslicly are good for saggy springs not a real lift

boyzen
07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
If it were me I would put some chev leafs in there to get some flex ,or if you wanna spend a bit more go with trailgear 5.5 inch lift they are nice and flexy,I can get prices tommorrow or call me at work 765 6592.

Toyrantula
07-31-2007, 12:23 AM
i have manual hubs in there, so not to worried about CV`s.

would love the total chaos kit but out of my price range for now.

thanks Chris.

besides i would rather keep my money local than to order out of the area.

StillRYE
07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
i have manual hubs in there, so not to worried about CV`s.

would love the total chaos kit but out of my price range for now.

thanks Chris.

besides i would rather keep my money local than to order out of the area.

More people should think like that

Toyrantula
07-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Chris did me a huge favor,with my diff and for that has and other help over the years has more than earned my business and support from now on.

i will do whatever business i can with his shop. plain and simple as. you scratch my back, i scratch yours.

cj5sean
07-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey Chris Helped me find my diff
Fuckin Hell of a Guy I recomend dealing with him and alsek 110% all the way

FU Toolbag
07-31-2007, 06:20 PM
why not sell the kit and do a sas. Those complete kits are gettin pretty cheap from what I hear.

boyzen
07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Shit forgot to get prices today but one thing if you decide on trail gear its best to get it straight from big country customs .I can get it but will be a bit more . oh there is welding involved either way chev or trail gear new hangers need to be welded on .http://www.bigcountrycustoms.com/