PDA

View Full Version : Bag O' Beads

bakelite
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I just got some new tires put on, guy put in those little bags of beads instead of balancing them. I only drove about 20 miles but way more vibration than before. Do they take a long time to work? He swore by them, never had a complaint. Anyone else use them with any luck or should I go back .... 17 bucks per wheel sound right? Thank youse all so very much. [cheers]

epic3
07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
anal beads go in your ass Joe

bakelite
07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
The whole bag Phil? Maybe your ass but mine is kinda tight. :D go fuck yourself [cheers]

Murd0c
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
your is tight? [15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15]

so thats why u told me I didn't need lube [f]

bakelite
07-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Well your dick is so little Reece, never even noticed it. :D

Apathy
07-26-2007, 02:49 PM
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/?gclid=CIbnpcCZxo0CFRG3hgodW2ipRA

They should work good, did he put the right amount in?

Murd0c
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM

FUCK your not the first person to tell me that tho :dontknow:

epic3
07-26-2007, 03:42 PM
The whole bag Phil? Maybe your ass but mine is kinda tight. :D go fuck yourself [cheers]

Old guy you just aint had enogh DRE's[11]

B
07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
I just got some new tires put on, guy put in those little bags of beads instead of balancing them. I only drove about 20 miles but way more vibration than before. Do they take a long time to work? He swore by them, never had a complaint. Anyone else use them with any luck or should I go back .... 17 bucks per wheel sound right? Thank youse all so very much. [cheers]

id go back or check air presures first make sure there all the same ... but dosent sound like there workin for ya :confused:

B
07-26-2007, 04:36 PM

:owned: :owned: :owned: :D

zookiguy
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I have tried them before with very little success. My situation was a little different though.:dontknow:

Only thing I didn't like was when I aired down the beads would jam into the valve. Big pain in the ass. plus if you blow a bead on the trail say good by to them.:eek:

Pudge
07-26-2007, 06:39 PM
beads work in some situations, I don't like them in the pick ups, etc, Only the big trucks (semi's) I have found that they worked worth a dam.

Joe, you shoulda called first. $17.00 per corner is too much also.

If you have a vibration, try balancing first, if still there, check for runout in the rim or tire, might need another. Might have to pay upto 15-16 bucks a corner for balancing a 35", even good ones take weights on old wheels, bad ones take lots and that gets expensive for the shop.

pudge

HEAVY METAL
07-26-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah bud.. somethins not right...

nonhighwayservice
07-26-2007, 09:30 PM
what size are your tires?

bakelite
07-27-2007, 12:46 AM
35" .... the old tires were 35" too, they ran fine no vibration now the new tires, I don't blame the tires, I can hardly do 55 miles an hour.... he said they take a while to work which sounds like bullshit. Speaking of getting it up the ass, I'm fucking tired of it.
I'll drive it back into town tomorrow and talk to the guy, charged me 157 total for installation and the bags of beads, I was pissed anyway now I'm really pissed.
Pudge, I took them in to get them installed, he says this is what he does with all "big" [16] tires now and it works great so I says I would rather have weights, blah blah, he talked me into this, didn't know how much it cost til he was done. :dontknow:

Thanks guys.

bakelite
07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/?gclid=CIbnpcCZxo0CFRG3hgodW2ipRA

They should work good, did he put the right amount in?

That's one question I did ask, shouldn't you see how much weight it needs and add that weight of beads?....he said no, you put the whole bag in. :dontknow: I dunno how much the bags weighed. I'll find out tomorrow..er today.

bakelite
07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
So, after all my whining [16] I get in the cruiser to head into town to kick some tire guy butt....less vibration, by the time I got to town there was none, or as close to none as this thing gets. Wound it out on a straight stretch coming home and felt pretty good. :dontknow: So it works, the guy did say it might take a while. I still don't like the idea of them, getting in the valve stem and all....but they work good. I'd say it took about 30 miles before they felt the best. Go figure, sorry for wasting your time but maybe not a waste..info anyways. Thanks again. cheers

Leithmc
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
It's strange that they work after a day. They fall to the bottom of the tire at every stop and use the vibration/centrifugal force to find the light spot in the tire as you get up to speed. Problem is, if the tire isn't round they can compound the problem.

Leith

England
07-27-2007, 04:29 PM
should use peas way cheaper

Always broke
07-27-2007, 10:23 PM
the bag finnally broke in the tire thats all , I always use Plumber's antifreeze it works great and balances the tire every revolution:dontknow:

Pudge
07-28-2007, 07:50 PM
It's strange that they work after a day. They fall to the bottom of the tire at every stop and use the vibration/centrifugal force to find the light spot in the tire as you get up to speed. Problem is, if the tire isn't round they can compound the problem.

Leith

some of them apparantly stay in place with static energy or someshit:dontknow:

Apathy
07-29-2007, 09:19 AM
some of them apparantly stay in place with static energy or someshit:dontknow:

as long as the flux capacitor is generating nuerotic isotops for compounding such a wingdoodle

bakelite
07-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I was married to a neurotic isotope once, nice legs, little weird.

NeoAnderson
07-29-2007, 06:50 PM
the bag finnally broke in the tire thats all , I always use Plumber's antifreeze it works great and balances the tire every revolution:dontknow:

What is plumbers antifreeze???

:confused0006:

FZJ80
08-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I used them in my 37s and ended up dissmounting the tires to clean that shit out. It had all clumped together in a big farking mess. I suppose they would have worked better if the tires were filled with nitogen as opposed to moisure ladden shop air.