PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

sobe
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Anyone got an extra set of rocker arms, rocker shafts, and a cam for an '87 samurai kickin around? I don't care if the cam is stock or not as long as it'll work. The frickin moron that owned my sammy musta put the shafts in with an axe. [dink] Now the arms are all scored, shafts are worn & scored and I'm not too sure if the cam is o.k. yet, just though I'd ask for it too.
Thanks.

toyon35s
07-18-2007, 07:22 PM
how bout post it up 15 more times with different headings,that will work[16]

sobe
07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
how bout post it up 15 more times with different headings,that will work[16]

Hey, that's a great Idea. Then I'll get to my 200 posts real quick so I can sell some shyt.

westcoaster
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
How about a complete head? minus timing belt sprocket.

The valve seals are more than likely shot (was smoking badly on deceleration) and something somewhere in the engine (could have been the bottom end) processed a screw.
located around #10 and 132 in surrey
Let me know what you think it's worth....

westcoasterz@gmail.com

sobe
07-21-2007, 05:21 PM
How about a complete head? minus timing belt sprocket.

The valve seals are more than likely shot (was smoking badly on deceleration) and something somewhere in the engine (could have been the bottom end) processed a screw.
located around #10 and 132 in surrey
Let me know what you think it's worth....

westcoasterz@gmail.com

Thanks for the head! Got it all apart, rocker arms and shafts are good. I think the cam is pooched though. Looks like it may have helped with the screw.not on one of the lobes but one of the rounds looks like it got sone grit between it and the head. Both the round and the head are dished out the whole way around. Not a huge issue though. My main concern was the rockers and shafts and they look A1.

Thanks again.

westcoaster
07-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the head! Got it all apart, rocker arms and shafts are good. I think the cam is pooched though. Looks like it may have helped with the screw.not on one of the lobes but one of the rounds looks like it got sone grit between it and the head. Both the round and the head are dished out the whole way around. Not a huge issue though. My main concern was the rockers and shafts and they look A1.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.