PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problems!

Gaybait
07-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Well the bronco two that i bought from fb2dude ( broc ) had a problem with the ignition which is why it wouldnt turn over or start. I fixed that and also had the clutch slave replaced. The truck ran fawlessy minus a little bit of a low idle and stalling on inclines when idling while wheeling.

I was waiting for a buddy outfront of his house and i decided to shut the truck off.. I tried to fire it back up 2 minutes later with no hope. just crank crank crank nothing.. i thought maybe it was flooded so i bumped started it.. it ran for like 4 seconds down the road then bogged out and died.. so i pushed it into the driveway and left it there... i tried starting it a couple days later with no luck.. i think its a fuel problem because the ammount of fuel that should be in that engine from me priming it should smell but i dont smell anything when i get out.. any ideas? im thinkin fuel pump?

its a 84 bronco two with the carbed v6 2.8

Maelthra
07-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Try the filters first, they're cheaper to replace. Then try the pump.

Make sure the lines are not pinched or blocked anywhere too.

Gaybait
07-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Try the filters first, they're cheaper to replace. Then try the pump.

Make sure the lines are not pinched or blocked anywhere too.

k thanks

Toyquad
07-13-2007, 06:59 PM
probably over your head but......... go buy a 2.8l carb from a 70 something mustang. then take all the ignition shit off of it to. like coil, dist, igition box wires etc. and swap it over. thats what i did when i culdnt get my 83 to run right. that swap sovled all problems.

surreysinner
07-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Does it have gas?

parcy jones
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
dont think it would be the filters.

blacker_69
07-13-2007, 09:22 PM
cant be sure without puttin a gauge on it and checking, just guessing can sometimes cost a bit too much money. just make sure you have spark as well . ie check coil for internal shorts and wires if no spark, fuel try spraying some brake clean down the carb and see if it runs for a while it it flashes up you got a fuel problem.

Cwheeler
07-22-2007, 08:10 PM
a fuel pump and filter are dirt cheap, 30$ mabe. or like said above just get rid of the emissions system because its prob causeing alot of your problems.

gordwould
08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
more than likely the filter on the carb or the float needle sticking i had that problem a few times when i run carburated 2.8 in the 3 84 b-2s i have had and now im propain with nomore troubles and 5.8 aswell but if your staying
with the 2.8 go the way toyquad said for ive done it for a friend in his 85 b-2 i sold him years ago!!!![cheers]my.02