PDA

View Full Version : tire wear/abs light??

REDNECK-WELDING
07-04-2007, 04:05 PM
my abs light came on today along with my brake light? how can you tell if its the abs hub on a 2000 dodge?? i dont know what the problem is. theres no codes.. also i put new tires on the truck about 4 months ago and the passenger side tire is wearing all fucked up..i had the ball joints on that side done and this has happened since..i have had 3 wheel aliments done also and they only seem to be out alittle each time.it sucks cause the tire was new but now its got uneven wear on it..would the abs hub cause it to wear uneven??? what should i look for??

pumpkin
07-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Uneven wear side to side or around the circumfrance. Side to side is toe in problem. Around the circumfrance can be wheel ballance, shocks, or bad wheel bearing. There's possably more but they slip my mind at this time.

REDNECK-WELDING
07-04-2007, 07:48 PM
i guess i need a new sensor and possably a new hub assembly too...the tire wear is on the side to side...but its on the inner and outter...its cupping..the shocks are new and the balljoints are new on that side too...:dontknow:

buck
07-12-2007, 08:40 AM
i had the same issue with my 01 well with out the tire wear...my abs light came on and a day later my brake light ...it turns out the wheel sensor wiring harness hang in a shitty spot and always get caught or rubs...they said its a really common fault in the dodge pick ups ...as for the tire wear i couldnt help you other than it may be the tire itself i dunno sounds kinda funny to me ???