PDA

View Full Version : My Engine Build...

Wagz
07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
So i picked up a 22r/20r engine to rebuild and just got it all torn down today. What a peice of shit, lol. Needs EVERYTHING done, just my luck. So what do you guys suggest for pistons...im gonna bore it 30 over most likely. The pistons i got are pretty fucked. Oh and is there anything else i should replace while i got this thing apart, im gettin a new cam, new clutch, water pump, umm, i think that's about it. And i'll post some pics tomorrow or tonight.

lizard
07-02-2007, 07:11 PM
timing chain too , go with toyota gaskets , check the oil pump over also .

and dont forget any parts on the rebuild......right Ern..;)

gavman
07-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Can't you buy a genuine Toyota kit for re-building these engines?

kamloopsyota
07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
the engine builder kit is pretty nice

gavman
07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Get me a part # and i will price it with Toyota, I get wicket prices on certain Toyota parts...

Murd0c
07-02-2007, 11:06 PM
best bet go with the LC rebuild kit, best bang for your buck and quality

Stetson
07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
rebuilding a 22r/re................replace pistons, connection rods, rod bearings, balance crank, rings obviously, deck block, plain head THIS NOT DONE WILL LEAD TO PREMATURE FAILURE, valve grind or replace, replace valve seals, cam, crank bearings, all externals, water pump, oil pump, timing chain, all cooling hoses !!!! or this could bite you in the ass especially the ones under the intake, and heater etc...................i know i just listed most of whats in an engine but do it right the first time and you won't have to open her up for another few hundred thousand km for the next timing chain.

good luck!

Wagz
07-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Ya im plaining the head and block as well. I decided to get new valves, and where would be best to get my head work done, heads unlimited???

Big_Ern
07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
I got my hed work done at Lordco Machine shop in Ridge. Know the guys there and got hooked up good.

plained it, ground valve seats and the new valves to match perfectly, rockers, etc. leaned real nicely too,

the engine builder kit is pretty nice

[stupid]

www.engnbldr.com

http://www.engnbldr.com/Toyota-Hotlicks.htm

great price and the kit includes everything

New pistons - stock, 20 or 30 over, rings. Metal backed timing chain & guide. Oilpump, valves, all seals, head gasket, etc etc

Master engine kit includes: Pistons, rings, full bearing set (rod bearings, main bearings, and thrust washer set), timing chain set (specify single or dual chain), oil pump, full gasket set (complete with front and rear seal and OEM style steel clad viton valve stem seals), and brass freeze plugs.

Wagz
07-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Are those US prices on that site ?

Murd0c
07-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Yes thats US

Big_Ern
07-07-2007, 05:08 PM
[stupid]

but shipping was cheap (or maybe it was free within the US) and with our dollar so good right now ya can't beat it.

Toyrantula
07-08-2007, 10:34 AM
do not use anything in your timing chain setup that is built by cloyes.

my brand bew t chain was in 3 months and broke, causing a bent valve.
Stillrye broke his double roller setup and it was a cloyes.

cheap shit is all it is.

Wagz
07-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Ya i have a double row in there right now, well lying there i guess cause it's all apart. Thanks for the heads up.

Our dollar is up near 90cents or sumthin so it seems pretty cheap.

Big_Ern
07-08-2007, 05:00 PM
95+ cents actually

You can specify a double row chain with the rebuild kit. they ask tons of Q's for bearing, piston sizes etc so you'll want to have it apart and mic'd before you order. Can get all bearing std or just over/under sized depending on how worn yours is[cheers]

shawn_ruley
07-08-2007, 05:44 PM
that 2.6L stroker kit looks awfully tempting:confused0006:

Wagz
07-10-2007, 06:51 PM
How long does it take them to ship, i'd probly get it shipped here.

Big_Ern
07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
No idea how long it would take to get to Canada. the boarder is a fuckin pain in the ass. I never get anything shipped over the line. Took the much less than a week to get it to Sumas -- 3 days maybe?

www.shiphappens.com

Point Roberts:
www.tsbshipping.com

cost $2-5usd for a package then you pay the boarder GST & PST yourself. Saves ya big on brokerage fees from shipping and they got cheap (maybe free?) shipping within the US.[cheers]

Wagz
07-11-2007, 06:48 PM
cool, thanks.