View Full Version : Advice on sj410

07-02-2007, 10:04 AM
I've got an '82 sj410 tin top that has deffinately seen better days. It's close to a complete truck but needs MANY little things and a new rear tub. I'm debating on robbing what I want from it and parting it out, or selling it whole. I'm not sure what would be more realistic. It runs great, fires right up, drives good, doesn't stop (only e-brake hooked up). I was going to do something with this truck but realised I don't want another project.
I'm not advertising this for sale here, I'm just trying to figure out if there's more demand for a complete unit or parts?? It would be a LOT of work to make this truck legally road worthy, but it may make a good bush buggy?

07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Damn. Picture won't work. There is a pic. in with all the members samurai's. It's the one painted like a John Deer.

07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
i've got an 82 sj as well.parts are hard to come by and most of us with sj's have upgraded.the driveline is pretty weak.mines got a 1.3 withe a 5 speed from a sammy but i still have a the sj t-case.it will soon have sammy difs with gears and lockers.if you are interested in parting it out, pm me and we'll talk

sj-x 500
07-10-2007, 09:08 PM
i've only ever run sj's. i've owned 4 now. i like em, they have their weak points *engine is weak... but you can't kill it* it's worth something, what would you want for it?

07-18-2007, 12:24 AM
anyone got an engine extra around?
pat you got another one for me?

07-18-2007, 09:26 AM
wouldnt mind something like that to make a buggy out of it . any idea as to price or swap ? dont care about rust as it would be hacked up anyways. send me a pm