PDA

View Full Version : Wassabe! New to site...

humptyjumped
06-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Was looking around at some of the threads,
some funny people on here.

Thought I would say Hi......

Hi[cheers]Lets go wheelin'

jeeper
06-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey welcome !

Always broke
07-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Give us some more info like where you at and what do you drive and all that other stuff

Welcome to the site

humptyjumped
07-01-2007, 10:42 AM
living in Vancouver.

My Daily Driver and Weekend Wheeler is an 04 Jeep Liberty.
I have given the Liberty a 3" coil lift, bigger tires (although I bought the tires before the lift, wish I had gone bigger), all the skids, ect.

Still need rock rails and an air locker.

Here is a pic or 2:
http://members.shaw.ca/neofilm/4x4/Picture_211.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/neofilm/lifted2.JPG

Trooper
07-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Time fore some real tires, Welcome to the site

humptyjumped
07-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Time fore some real tires, Welcome to the site

Thanks!

I think I can fit 31"-32" under there..... Gonna have to wait a while tho...

jeeper
07-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Have you done much wheelin or just getting started ?

Theres lots of places you can get that Liberty into without doin damage to it !

humptyjumped
07-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Have you done much wheelin or just getting started ?

Theres lots of places you can get that Liberty into without doin damage to it !

Just getting started... Have taken the Libby to Stave a few times, Lost Creek, E Harrison to Clear Creek, West Harrison, Squamish River.... Thats about it.

Would like to do Whipsaw this summer....

It really performs well. I don't expect it to do Canopener or anything, I need it for work (I am a Cameraman and it has to drive me around Vancouver all day every day).

Everything I have pointed it at and had a butt pucker level of 9 (for me, anyways) it has done, no problem!

jeeper
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Sounds like you already are getting out and findin good spots !

Theres all kinds of side trails of those main roads to explore --Have fun -Bruce

humptyjumped
07-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Sounds like you already are getting out and findin good spots !

Theres all kinds of side trails of those main roads to explore --Have fun -Bruce

Will do! I seem to like a destination when I go.... Hot Tubs, lost band of Amazon Women, Ghost Town.... That kinda thing....

jeeper
07-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I used to always push to get somewhere but have learned that so much of the fun is just in the goin ! That way if you cant for whatever reason (washout-road deactivation etc)get to your destiantion its no problem as you are already there :)-Bruce

humptyjumped
07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Good point.... Ran into a washout at Lost Creek 2 weeks ago. Looked like the bridge had been gone a LONG time tho....

firebane
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Good point.... Ran into a washout at Lost Creek 2 weeks ago. Looked like the bridge had been gone a LONG time tho....

:welcome:

Welcome and as a fyi if you looked in the backroads book you'd see that was on the map! hahaah its how I figured out where I was in that crazy area.

SOOO many roads and trails going everywhere up there that I was looking for a few other lakes but found Salsbury and was quite happy and as someone said its not about finding a destination its about just going there.

humptyjumped
07-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Stop for a dip in Cascade next time. Its real nice.

I grew up out there...

Taxidermy
07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
:welcome: nice jeep