PDA

View Full Version : This may be a stupid Question!?

Dirty Girls
06-29-2007, 08:24 AM
[wako]
I am wondering if there is any point in hooking up my CB to my horn so that i can use it as a speaker.. You know.. any who..

I am wondering if there is any point. Has anyone on this site used or installed one.. is it a waist of time.. did you ever use it.. I havenít actually ever had one and just got a wicked horn.. and im seeing if its something i should use to.
[freak]

jeeper
06-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Lots of people have done that !

Problem is most of the cb's and horns are of such low quality and low power that you cant understand what they are saying most of the time !

But you wont know till you try it so give it a shot !

Kinslayer
06-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Depends on the horn - if it's a standard car horn it wont work, they are basically tone generators. You clearly want a loudspeaker - cheap and easiest way i've found is to get an old 4 inch or whatever car speaker, hook it up with your wires, mount it in your grille with a plastic bag zapstrapped over top of it to keep it waterproof

Dirty Girls
06-29-2007, 08:33 AM
But is it worth it.. have you ever gotten tired of it, or even use it now a days??

redman
06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
i use mine all the time, i love yellin at people

Dirty Girls
06-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Very nice. I will install and check it out Thanks guys!!!

jeeper
06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Depends on the horn - if it's a standard car horn it wont work,

I didnt notice she was wanting to use her car horn ! That wont work as you pointed out !

Dirty Girls
06-29-2007, 08:52 AM
No i just bought one that I could hook up.. its a custome horn. So i was thinking use that but i wouldnt mind checking out the speaker idea though:confused0006:

redman
06-29-2007, 09:06 AM
lordco sells the outdoor weather speaker for about 20 bucks

Dirty Girls
06-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Well you are handy.

Thank you!! so i will mount em somewer' on my pumper..
Thanks guys!!

redman
06-29-2007, 09:18 AM
i would place the horn where mine is just inside the engine bay so it does not get destroyed.

Kinslayer
06-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Well you are handy.

Thank you!! so i will mount em somewer' on my pumper..
Thanks guys!!

I'll mount somethin' on your pumper <nudge nudge> giggity giggity giggity.

Yeah, I had to go there, couldn't let that one slip by.

The speakers are awesome - unlimited free supply, when you kill em just slap on another - Make sure you stick it in a bag though - makes them last longer.

Hooking it up is easy, grab some speaker wire, get/make one of these:
http://www.accesscomms.com.au/Product_Pics/w4010.jpg

(I think you know how <snip snip>) If you are using a STEREO plug (two lines as in the pic and three wires) just twist the two signal wires together to make a mono plug heh.

You should be able to find everything you need at princess auto (god bless the almighty PA)

Dirty Girls
06-29-2007, 12:13 PM
LOL! thank you for the pic. Very good to see that i will not be the only one with one...[wako] :fighting0080:

Spooner
06-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I got one in mine truck. It sure is fun to yell at people or comment on there lack of common sence and driving skills

[36]

hoser
06-29-2007, 04:54 PM
gots one in my truck also..i dont use it much but my drunk passengers sure entertain themselves[16]

HEAVY METAL
06-29-2007, 05:34 PM
air horn yo... the only way too go.....

spanky
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Sean took away my PA system got sick of me yelling at people while driving around, but I wouldn't have to yell if fat chicks would'nt wear spandex

HEAVY METAL
06-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Sean took away my PA system got sick of me yelling at people while driving around, but I wouldn't have to yell if fat chicks would'nt wear spandex

[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] funny shit yo

lizard
06-29-2007, 07:49 PM
but true

DaB2200
06-29-2007, 09:54 PM
If the cops hear you using a loud speaker attached to a CD, you'll get a $500.00 fine plus you can be charged for impersonating a police officer. *I know this first hand* I dont have my CB anymore, it aint worth the headache.

I need to find an electric "air" horn from a Boat, they're usually 120db, and they'll make my Mazda sound big and scary...

jeeper
06-30-2007, 02:15 AM

Fat chicks wear spandex????????????????????????????

Tel; me this isnt so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ri0
06-30-2007, 09:07 AM
I have an aaaooogaaaahhh horn in my truck kinda funny

my buddy has a set of train horns in his truck...they are freaken LOUD

bigguysmalltruck
06-30-2007, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=DaB2200;1145847]If the cops hear you using a loud speaker attached to a CD, you'll get a $500.00 fine plus you can be charged for impersonating a police officer. *I know this first hand* I dont have my CB anymore, it aint worth the headache.

loud speakers are a blast,until you yell at an unmarked cop-car.who knew?? the fat-heads were a little uppity about that:dontknow:

killer toy
06-30-2007, 04:31 PM
i got one of those cb speakers that hooks right in it is fun to play with but isnt too loud has anyone amped one or do the make amped ones that are louder and more clear?:confused0006:

firebane
06-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Reminds me of a friend who had barnyard animals for a horn and a fat chick was crossing the crosswalk and he set it to the cow.

I swear she was gonna lay the beats to him!

DaB2200
07-01-2007, 12:14 AM
If the cops hear you using a loud speaker attached to a CD, you'll get a $500.00 fine plus you can be charged for impersonating a police officer. *I know this first hand* I dont have my CB anymore, it aint worth the headache.

loud speakers are a blast,until you yell at an unmarked cop-car.who knew?? the fat-heads were a little uppity about that:dontknow:

For me, it was some jack ass in front of me, he was turning right at a red light @ 13th & St. Georges in North Van (legal to turn on a red), I keyed up the mic, and said "Hey buddy, it is legal to turn right on a red". The cop behind me, (unmarked) hit his lights, and keyed up his loud speaker, "you in the blue mazda, turn the corner and park it"

I was hit with a $502.00 fine, and told I could be charged with impersonating a police officer. I got the fine for improper use of a Citizen Band radio, using an external speaker in an unsafe manor, and inciting road rage all on one ticket.

nbrowser
07-01-2007, 07:18 PM
DaB2200, Princess Auto (yah them again) they got an air horn kit. think it's going for about $35 or so.....comes with a lil compressor, a dual stacked air horn n stuff, thinkin about gettin one for the Buick......idiots on the road need a wake up call ! lol

DaB2200
07-01-2007, 08:53 PM
DaB2200, Princess Auto (yah them again) they got an air horn kit. think it's going for about $35 or so.....comes with a lil compressor, a dual stacked air horn n stuff, thinkin about gettin one for the Buick......idiots on the road need a wake up call ! lol

Those little air horns are a joke. They sound like a tin can farting. I have a set that I had in my last truck. IF I had a tank to use those horns from they would still sound like a tin can farting.

Now a boat horn, is electric, and can be just wired into my pathetic Import horn.

Spooner
07-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Those little air horns are a joke. They sound like a tin can farting. I have a set that I had in my last truck. IF I had a tank to use those horns from they would still sound like a tin can farting.

Now a boat horn, is electric, and can be just wired into my pathetic Import horn.

If you get the PA one make sure you get the metal ones they sound better then the plastic horn

DaB2200
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM
If you get the PA one make sure you get the metal ones they sound better then the plastic horn

This is what I am getting...

http://www.ritzcamera.com/graphics/products/3-64/366500064.jpg

sparkes3
07-08-2007, 09:02 PM
you should have seen the fun at my buddies house when they heard me on the pa yellin at em to come out with their hands up.they still havent caught up with me yet.haaaaaaaaaa ha

t dogg
07-16-2007, 05:51 PM
a speaker from a car alarm work mint for a pa!