PDA

View Full Version : It's a Jeep thing,and I've had it!

Jeep Victim
06-20-2007, 08:08 PM
:mad0217: :mad0217: :mad0217: Well like the name says,I've once again become a victim by my Jeep.Driving from picking up my lunch yesterday and my jeep begins to shut down so I roll it over to the shoulder and try to restart it.It turns over fine ,it's getting fuel,pull the distributor everything is working the way it's supposed to be,lots of fire at the coil.Long story short,I've got some electronic gremlins and have had them since I bought the jeep.Something went goofy and fried my MSD ignition box.I just spent $1100 on a completely new ignition system,that has 1100 kms on it.New rear end 8.8 from a 2003 Explorer,new ringgear and pinion and a locker another $1000 dollars,geared and locked my front end with a cable actuator to get rid of the vaccuum shift bull shit,new seats,rubber 6 months ago,another $1000,rims $446,$4700 on a high perf. Longblock Stroker4.6(love the motor)dual friction Centerforce clutch.The basis of this is I bought the jeep last summer for $4500,have spent another $12,000 on it since I bought it,and the bleeding has to stop.If you know wiring or electronics on a jeep then you could have a wicked Jeep.I put 1100 kms on a new drivetrain and I'm done with it.This Jeep is for sale $7500!Comes with Hard top,soft top,soft doors,8000 lb. winch Has new Warn front bumper on 35's with a new 35 for a spare,6 inch lift,new windshield and frame and brackets.I have a ton of extra parts and you can have those too,also there is a Dana44 front end with manual hubs to go with it.I'm going to look for a FULLSIZE Chev again.Someone come and get it!

MikeWild
06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
wow! sounds like you poured your heart & soul into it! Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck! Maybe you should sleep on it and have a change of heart! :confused0006:
Either way, Good luck with sale! [cheers]

Leithmc
06-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Wanna trade me for beats swimmin? Inside joke. Don't ask.

Leith

Leithmc
06-21-2007, 07:42 AM
BTW. This Jeep kicks ass. An aftermarket harness and possibly a new MSD box and it'll rock for years to come. I'd take it in a second if I could afford it. On second thought Barry, if you sell it now I'm gonna get thirty of my friends together and come knock some sense into you. Oh right I don't have thirty friends, guess you'd better keep it.

Leith

UU
06-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Quitter [f]

F150HULK
06-21-2007, 09:03 AM
sell it to Jim! :D

Mr Vic
06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
shitty deal on the wiring gremlin, i still have some in my jeep, pain in the ass to fix and find it.. i haven't yet... any chance your problem could be a bad ground somewhere? either way sounds like a real nice jeep.

broken_down
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I feel your pain. I just bought my 1st jeep and it is costing me lots of money in repairs along with giving me a huge headache!!!! go fuck yourself

Always broke
06-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey Barry i got a used MSD ignition box The one from my Bronco for ya it's a 6A for $175.00 if ya need it:dontknow:

fourplay
06-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Fix it, you'll regret it if ya sell it :dontknow: like lieth says, ignition and harness,

[cheers]

Jeep Victim
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Fix it, you'll regret it if ya sell it :dontknow: like lieth says, ignition and harness,

[cheers]
Fuck I already put a new ignition and a harness in it ,when i built the motor.I didn't cheap out on anything.Everything under the hood is new.Goddamn thing is giving me Nightmares.Fuck,does someone wanna come and fight about this,maybe beat some sense into me,come one come all,very willing participant here.This jeep is killing me.I'd like to fight about it,make me a believer in the Jeep way of life.This is my first jeep,maybe I need a poundin'.Fuckin' JEEP!:fighting0071:

HEAVY METAL
06-22-2007, 12:07 AM
naw.. you need a chevy....

Ginger Snaps
06-22-2007, 12:10 AM
nope fullsize bronco is what your really need dont listen to those chevy guys they have been smoking alittle 2much [stoned]

HillBillyLincoln
06-22-2007, 12:47 AM
sounds like bad ground(s)

FINGERS
06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
well then get 200 posts and put it up for sale then...

kinda nasty
06-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket). LOL. I used to have a jeep but they stole it twice. First time they blew up my locker and the second time they rolled it. Not much left. I salvaged what was left from ICBC then sold traded and bartered my way back into Chevrolet land. If you sell it you will regret it, you will be pissed off if the person who buys it fixes it right away. You know where I work right É
PM to me if you want to get the boys in the shop working on it. Chasing gremlins is straight time $80 per hour.
good luck.

UU
06-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Fuck I already put a new ignition and a harness in it ,when i built the motor.I didn't cheap out on anything.Everything under the hood is new.Goddamn thing is giving me Nightmares.Fuck,does someone wanna come and fight about this,maybe beat some sense into me,come one come all,very willing participant here.This jeep is killing me.I'd like to fight about it,make me a believer in the Jeep way of life.This is my first jeep,maybe I need a poundin'.Fuckin' JEEP!:fighting0071:

:D I'll fight ya, but I don't believe in kicking a gay when he's down

so I'll wait till it's fixed and kick yer ass on the trail

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/fighting0049.gif

Jeep Victim
06-23-2007, 01:48 PM
:D I'll fight ya, but I don't believe in kicking a gay when he's down

so I'll wait till it's fixed and kick yer ass on the trail

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/fighting0049.gif

I don't mind kicking gays when they're down,whether it be on the trail or not.Midgets are fun to kick too,freaky little bastards.Now Whippin me on the trail might be a horse of a different color.

UU
06-23-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't mind kicking gays when they're down,whether it be on the trail or not.Midgets are fun to kick too,freaky little bastards.Now Whippin me on the trail might be a horse of a different color.
[15][15] I just noticed my typo, but that works too [15][15]

So ya gettin' 'er fixed up so we can go wheeling or did ya quit ??

mondujen
06-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I would'nt sell it. You already have a shitload of blood, sweat and $$$ into it so how much more would it cost to fix this last problem?
Start with what others said and make sure all of your ground wires are good.

You have to wheel the shit out of it until you feel like you have got your moneys worth then sell it.