PDA

View Full Version : Brake line...

T.O.
06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Stupid flare nut won't come outta the slave cylinder.
I've used WD-40 and heat and i'm just wrecking the nut, Anyone have any other suggestions.
I'm thinking of cutting the line and just buy a new one but my truck is all in peices and I have no way to get to lordco to get a new line.
Maybe I'll pinch the line higher up and replace the slave cylinder and put it all together and get a new line later.:confused0006:

Friggin Dodges.

Jeepnut
06-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Stupid flare nut won't come outta the slave cylinder.
I've used WD-40 and heat and i'm just wrecking the nut, Anyone have any other suggestions.
I'm thinking of cutting the line and just buy a new one but my truck is all in peices and I have no way to get to lordco to get a new line.
Maybe I'll pinch the line higher up and replace the slave cylinder and put it all together and get a new line later.:confused0006:

Friggin Dodges.

[iagree] [stupid] est

England
06-20-2007, 02:16 PM
need someone to do a run to Lordco for yer mate ???

T.O.
06-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the offer Tim, But I'll probably go the other route.
Unless you wanna comeover and listen to me curse.:D

England
06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
lol nah its ok ..I hate seeing semi grown men cry

T.O.
06-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Its official.

The beer has been brought out and I've moved the hammers away from the truck...[28]

BeerBaron666
06-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Are you turning it the right way[f]

curlee
06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
leaky break line + beer + hammers = not driving with you anytime soon

[16]

epic3
06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
small pipe wrench always works even if the nut is completely rounded off from the vise grips (which you should never use)

shushuwa
06-20-2007, 04:00 PM
When that happened to me I zip-cut a slot the width of the metal tube into a 6-point socket,

slid it over the tube, then down until it fit over the tube nut,

Visegrips over the socket in such a way as to tighten the socket into the nut more,

"crack" it by tightening it more (this usually loosens the tube from the nut also)

Then wind it out.

Cheers,

Always broke
06-20-2007, 04:47 PM
When that happened to me I zip-cut a slot the width of the metal tube into a 6-point socket,

slid it over the tube, then down until it fit over the tube nut,

Visegrips over the socket in such a way as to tighten the socket into the nut more,

"crack" it by tightening it more (this usually loosens the tube from the nut also)

Then wind it out.

Cheers,I can tell your are not a rookie[cheers]

T.O.
06-20-2007, 05:31 PM
My way worked better,

Brute force and ignorance.:D

Anyone know of a shop that fixes brakes?:D

MetalMan
06-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Man, heat is your best friend. I've never had one beat me yet, just takes some patience. A lot of penetrating lube before hand works too. After the lube soaks in for a while, give it a whack tighter (I haven't had much luck doing that but every once in the while it cracks) then get the heat on it with one hand and have the wrench in the other (ALWAYS use a proper flare nut wrench, you'll almost always round off the nut if it's old and rusty with a normal wrench) and start working it side to side just a little bit. Keep going more and more until it busts loose. It's always worked for me...

T.O.
06-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I got it done my way and all is good in the universe.
I just needed a topic to spew about today and figured everyone else wanted to hear it doesn't always go smooth for me.