PDA

View Full Version : So what the hell do I do now?

Maelthra
06-18-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't know what to do anymore! Even after a new motor and all the work I've done, the stupid fucker just falls apart somewhere else.

I patched the floorboards, and then the bondo under the paint literally started peeling off. Replace the Axle seals, bearings, CV yoke and U-joints only to have the driveshaft slip joint wear out. Replace the brake lines and brakes to find the Master cylinder is fucked! Engine swap, new clutch and mounts then the water pump, Heater core, and lower rad hose all went at the same time. Every time I get a step ahead, I get pushed two steps back.

How do you guys keep motivated to work on your trash, when it just keeps falling apart? Is it worth it to keep going? how much do you think I could get for parting it out?

:gives:

cj5sean
06-18-2007, 11:57 PM
I dont really have an answer for most of your questions but i do have one for the motivated part.

BBBBBBEEEEEEERRRRRRRR MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
[cheers] [cheers] [36]

Jeep Victim
06-19-2007, 06:25 AM
Sounds like you bought a jeep.

Ginger Snaps
06-19-2007, 07:01 AM
its a bronco dude they have rust problems. and all that other shit wear and tare maybe dont drive like a shit box like and it will last longer my .02

4doorShorty
06-19-2007, 07:12 AM
you shoulda kept that F150 body for a cab swap its starting to sound like.

Maelthra
06-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Nah that F150 cab was just beat worse than my tub is rusted. My problem was I bought it under the assumption that the previous owner fixed the rust before he painted, instead of just slapping bondo on it and hosing it with paint.

And I don't drive it like its a shitbox, and I've barely taken it offroad. [16]

B
06-19-2007, 08:54 AM
look on the grill ... dead center .... u will see the problem circled .... [22]

redman
06-19-2007, 08:57 AM
i avoid all theose problems by driving a toyota

Mudgirl
06-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I had the same problem with my bronco when i first bought it - one thing after another (i don't even wanna say how much i've sunk into it) but now i have no problems (well norm replacement/maintenance)
on the plus side i've replaced pretty much everything so know exactly what i'm dealing with - not sure it was worth it tho

78bronco
06-19-2007, 01:00 PM
hey if its not your DD then just leave it for awhile and save up some cash and go work on it thats what IM doing cause im in the same boat as you!

Maelthra
06-19-2007, 01:33 PM
It is my DD though, thats the problem.

Ginger Snaps
06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
look on the grill ... dead center .... u will see the problem circled .... [22]

go fuck yourself wait dont you have a ford front diff....

muddy mud skipper
06-19-2007, 08:39 PM
none of my fords are my dd's:D i got a nice o6 chev for that.oh and the whole is it worth sinkin money in to......only if u love it.you'll never get the money back.i love my toys so i dont care how much i spend on them.i do do the whole let it sit till i get the money to fix it[36]

Apathy
06-19-2007, 09:32 PM
ok, this is what i see.

You are focusing all your attention to little shit.

1) how often does an engine blow? Versus, water pump heater core. etc.

2) master cylinders are consumable. its very comon for the seals to fail in any vehicle whith age. Brake lines.. no. (im running stock brake lines from a 1972 ford. (exept the front rubber they are stock 87 zx300))

3) floor boards with bondo.. you asked for that

I would start with workin on problem areas, that are common to beakage or long term wear. (such as water pumps and master cylinders)

I woud NOT start with new brake lines, new engine (without new water pump and accesories)

just my .02

m j
06-19-2007, 09:33 PM
you need to step back and look at it from another angle.
do you prefer to walk?

Troy
06-19-2007, 09:50 PM
its old, rusty, worn out. so what, fix what you need to get it functioning properly. Or do what i did and cut everything out from underneath it and rebuild it.

Ginger Snaps
06-19-2007, 09:53 PM
OR! or buy a cheap little car.. save your change anything you make keep buy another truck or strip this one and build it like troy said

B
06-20-2007, 08:34 AM
go fuck yourself wait dont you have a ford front diff....

and tcase so what's ur point .... ? little man [f]

Ginger Snaps
06-21-2007, 11:07 PM
No Point just nice to see your using some ford parts in your chebbie buddy:D

and who you callen little:fighting0071:

blacker_69
06-25-2007, 11:29 PM
seems you need to track where the money is and best way to spend to be reliable. ie when you rebuilt your driveshaft and sunk the money into it it woulda been best to check everything as well with rebuilding an engine i replace all hoses, water pump, etc . can do it right once or wrong twice. noting worse that pullin it apart again. especially on the clock where the second time is free!