PDA

View Full Version : Brake Line Help?????

Murd0c
06-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Well just finished packing my truck for hale tomm and noticed some oil or somthing on my inner passanger tire, So after examing it and going for a spin, I notice that the break line is leaking big time :dontknow:

Tried to tighten everything (everything was tight) but it was still leaking. What should I do? I'm leaving in the morning and I don't have a clue how to fix it [27] [27] [27] [27] [27] [27] [27]

Should I leave it until I get to Hale or what should I do :dontknow:

Troy
06-14-2007, 10:58 PM
is it the flex line or hard line? if its a flex line then just go to lordco and get a new one, pop it on. if ur hard line is leaking the you'll need to replace the whole line right to the proportioning valve. and after u fix it make sure u bleed the brakes...

Murd0c
06-14-2007, 11:00 PM
it looks like the joint thing on the hard line

Murd0c
06-14-2007, 11:31 PM
I have some sweet crazy glue stuff, should I just use that:dontknow:

UU
06-14-2007, 11:52 PM
expanding foam

Murd0c
06-14-2007, 11:55 PM
explain please

TWOZEROFOUR
06-15-2007, 12:03 AM
expanding foam

prolly your best bet.

norm
06-15-2007, 06:15 AM
metal line with metric ends on are cheap,get a close measure of length and buy a cheap handheld tube bender.

or vise grip it[cheers]

HEAVY METAL
06-15-2007, 07:05 AM
hey reece....

F150HULK
06-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Mopac is great for brake line parts also. cheap too

redman
06-15-2007, 08:14 AM
or heavn for bid he goes to a mechanic and just pays money...

UU
06-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Jeeps Rule [5]

toy's drool http://members.shaw.ca/tcbulmer/smilies/drool.gif

atoyot
06-15-2007, 08:55 AM
ur JOIN date...oct 2004......................
dude how long u been wheelin.. break lines are up there in the same class as bein able to do an oil change!!!! go to any parts store even crappy tire!!!! and change ur freakin breakline b4 u go........
and I read ur post again THIs has gotta be a joke right??????
looks like I get to use my new sign!!!!hahaahahahahahahahahah

EIEIO
06-15-2007, 09:16 AM
dude how long u been wheelin.. break lines are up there in the same class as bein able to do an oil change!!!! go to any parts store even crappy tire!!!! and change ur freakin breakline b4 u go........

Murdumb for a reason [cheers]

redman
06-15-2007, 09:18 AM
gettin burned by a newbie lol

England
06-15-2007, 09:22 AM
expanding foam

[15] that fixes everything !

barracuda
06-15-2007, 09:27 AM
did you giter done reece

Murd0c
06-15-2007, 09:28 AM
nope not really sure what I should do :dontknow:

Murd0c
06-15-2007, 09:58 AM

So I have never had a break line problem before and I'm supposted to know right way what I'm supposted to do:dontknow:

ya that makes lots of scence[wako]

atoyot
06-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I realize u may never have had a brake line problem !!!!
but common its basic mechanics!!!(like changing oil) if u wheel u should know somethin!!!!
hahahah just sayin dont u ever check stuff out!!! u know routine service!!
How long u had that truck??Just seein ur truck in ur display pic its: bead locked/looks bobbed /flatdecked/got a roll cage /cut fenders with exo its a NICE TRUCK! and joined on 2004 and im assuming u have been wheelin longer than that
( I know I have been wheelin alot longer than ive been a shit talker on here!)
so with all that stuff done to ur truck I guess u didnt built it then???
Dont u look over ur truck after wheelin?? or b4 a good trip planned?
do u grease stuff or u just wait till it explodes on the trail and then say" hmmm wonder why that happened"!!!! " anyone have tools"??? "HElp ME"!!
sorry i assumed u were jokin cause most people that have been a member as long as u could probably do a brake line!!!! but i guess not everyone that can turn a steering wheel can turn a wrench!!! hahahahaha BURN!!!!
Common dont take offence ! its just forum shit talk and anyone that was a member as long as u that had the same problem im sure would get some fun poked ...
ITS ALL IN GOOD FUN!!
and sorry u cant do u break line everyone has to learn sometime I guess!!! but if ur really havin that much trouble i didnt mean to sound like a DICK!! and maybe u shouldnt try to do it urself!!! Brakes are important u know!!!

epic3
06-15-2007, 01:16 PM
go to the nearest shop pay 75 bucks and get it fixed

Kinslayer
06-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Buy/borrow a flare tool, buy a new chunk from lordco, cut, flare and extend. No need to go all the way back to the prop valve

B
06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Buy/borrow a flare tool, buy a new chunk from lordco, cut, flare and extend. No need to go all the way back to the prop valve

that's beyond reese's ability [32] if it was me id just go and bring extra break fluid ... worst case senaro he has to pinch it of w a set of vise grips to get home ... so bring a set w u murduog.... [cheers]

drama

HEAVY METAL
06-15-2007, 02:23 PM
yup.. been there done that yo,....

epic3
06-15-2007, 04:20 PM
toys got a single resevoir if he runs out he's dead
unless his ebrake is real good and he's in 4 low and turns off the engine while in gear providing he's not on to steep a hill or to sharp a corner

Reece if ya want come pick me up at work and I'll help ya then just get me to a skytrain when were done.
DO NOT DRIVE IT UP HARRISON LEAKING BRAKE FLUID!! dont be that dumb

Toyquad
06-15-2007, 05:22 PM
hey reese..... i got some lines. im at work right now, come pick them up if you want. they shoudl be good. still on the diff. got both the rubber hose and steellines

i'll pm you my work #

trailburban
06-15-2007, 09:08 PM
you shouldn't need to replace the line.
cut off the flare only and put a new flare on it, and done.
often what happens is when the metal is flared it becomes thinner and a workhardens, because of stress on the flare from being compressed in the nut and with the added vibrations of the truck, it will cause the flare to crack over time. once it cracks, you need to put a new flare on it. I would also recomend replacing the nut while your at it because 9/10 times using the same nut will bite you in the ass. you should have plenty of line there to put a new flare on it, it only needs 1/4" of tube to re-do.

lizard
06-15-2007, 09:28 PM
is this your toy or mazda?

buy the steel line then come by my place I'll show yah how to do it , or we can maybe cut reuse the existing line ...

Not all these monkeys know what there talking about , not all lines/flares are the same .

Hello Kitty
06-15-2007, 10:58 PM
is this your toy or mazda?

buy the steel line then come by my place I'll show yah how to do it , or we can maybe cut reuse the existing line ...

Not all these monkeys know what there talking about , not all lines/flares are the same .

it's the toy and i thunk he's gone.

[16]

Tunabomber
06-15-2007, 11:15 PM
hey reese..... i got some lines. im at work right now, come pick them up if you want. they shoudl be good. still on the diff. got both the rubber hose and steellines

i'll pm you my work #

i will p/u off trev on my way [cheers]

t dogg
06-24-2007, 04:35 PM
wheel cylinder???

t dogg
06-24-2007, 04:43 PM
it might just seem like its comin out of ur line but meybe its all happin at ur wheel cylinder and runnin down the line to ur first joint. try pullin off the drum and start to trace it from the "end of the raod" ?

Murd0c
06-24-2007, 10:23 PM
it was actually my soft line, needed both new ones. Taran from Big Country Customs helped me out last minute with some new ones. Thanks man

[cheers]

jeeper
06-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Good to see someone helped ya Reese !

Some of the comments on this thread sucked the big one ,,,,

We all dont know everything about everything and to be put down for not knowing somethin is just wrong ! So when you are a genious and know everything then --------------and only if your a ass -you can make fun of somoeone thats askin a simple help question ---------Bruce

Murd0c
06-25-2007, 10:51 AM

We all dont know everything about everything and to be put down for not knowing somethin is just wrong ! So when you are a genious and know everything then --------------and only if your a ass -you can make fun of somoeone thats askin a simple help question ---------Bruce

Thanks for the kind comments Bruce I really appracite that [cheers]

redman
06-25-2007, 11:05 AM
shut up reece? hmm sounds like a new smiley in the making....

barracuda
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM

[iagree] [iagree]

epic3
06-25-2007, 12:49 PM
shut up reece? hmm sounds like a new smiley in the making....

no fuckin way!

Thats my smiley I'm special and proud of it