PDA

View Full Version : toyota Hilux surf

hilux_surf
06-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey whats up everyone. I have just joined and stoked to wheelin with everyone. im going to be purchasing a toyota hilux surf so that should be tones of fun my buddy is buying one as well. my question is have any of you ever oned one and what did you think. plus does anyone now of a mechanic in white rock surrey langley area that can work on them should anything go wrong.

cant wait to take her for a off road test [36]

cheers [cheers]

Big_Ern
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Lizard has a couple JDm toys.. One of them is a hilux surf I believe. Both diesels

Trooper
06-15-2007, 08:32 PM
95% of the parts you can get from toyota, Almost any mechanic will work on them if you privide them with a workshop manual of some sort. I own 2 hdj81's and some parts are a bitch to get and usually i require a few day wait.

lizard
06-15-2007, 10:11 PM
yah you can get parts from toyota or theres places selling jdm parts also . I buy the oil filters from toy . Surf filters are the same as the 4.2 cruiser filters . Surf motors are pretty similar to the NA diesel so any knowledgeable mech it should be no problem.
the diesels are great for wheeling and are hella better then the 22re, I get about 500k to a tank

wouldnt recommend a auto trans though

hilux_surf
06-16-2007, 11:47 AM
cheers guys thats good. info , my GFs dad is a duramax mechanic so it should be no prob. hell no to auto trans. standard all the way. wheelin isnt wheelin with a stick. thanks for all the info

cheers

lizard
06-16-2007, 01:21 PM
pm me if u need any info / help

Trooper
06-16-2007, 01:48 PM
yah you can get parts from toyota or theres places selling jdm parts also . I buy the oil filters from toy . Surf filters are the same as the 4.2 cruiser filters . Surf motors are pretty similar to the NA diesel so any knowledgeable mech it should be no problem.
the diesels are great for wheeling and are hella better then the 22re, I get about 500k to a tank

wouldnt recommend a auto trans though

How many liters are the tanks that doesnt seem very good I get 1400kms out of 190ls on a 4.2

lizard
06-16-2007, 08:56 PM
about 50 lts