PDA

View Full Version : wheres the beer ?

tattoo
06-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Figured I'd stop by and say hi .

Been wheeling for years independently , all my buddies got tired of breaking things and decided to save what money they had left and got out of it .
As I broke bits and pieces I made sure they wouldn't break again . I ended up being the rescue vehicle , which made for some long days without any fun for me - though the entertainment factor of watching was worth it at times .[cheers]
Last time out the fuel system crapped out so I hobbled her home and there she sat - FOR 6 YEARS . [j]

A couple of months ago I decided to install the rebuilt carb the wife gave me 5 years ago .

1st I had to find her - after cutting my way through the brambleberry growth that took over , I found that long lost passion .
Some of the neighboors came out to see what I found .
After a new fuel pump and passenger side sending unit , I pulled the battery from the dd and what do you know she started .
Neighboors came from everywhere - haha , should have seen them scramble when I put it in lowlock and ripped out of all the brush . go fuck yourself [36]

There she sat ready to rock - 81 Chev shortbox , 4spd , D60 up front with 4:11s & locked , 14bolt locked in back , PTO and 36" militaries (which I now remember were wearing thin - time to regroove). [36]

Now if I could only afford to put some gas in her . [j] [j]

Anyhow , thats me , wanting to get out and have some fun .
I'm coaching lacrosse now but the seasons almost over - then its daddy's time .

I'll be checking out the trail talk and tag along when I can .
See you out there .
PS - this is my 1st post and still trying to figure things out - hope it works .

bakelite
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Good job first post sounds like a nice truck...welcome and how about some pictures? [cheers]

tattoo
06-14-2007, 02:03 PM
next step - figure out how to use new technology .
when I have it figured out I'll post em .

bakelite
06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
It's pretty easy if I can do it and you buy the beer lol. :D [cheers]

Apathy
06-14-2007, 02:07 PM
where are you located?
there is always something going on with this group.

welcome to the gong show!!!!!!

DeeDee
06-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Good into [5]

Welcome
where u from?

Jeepnut
06-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Welcome[cheers]

ShortStack
06-14-2007, 02:24 PM
welcome .... I agree good intro!

I believe the beer is at the other end of your debit card cause you're the newb [f] :D

[cheers]

UU
06-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Beer is in the fridge and get us one while you're up

Honky
06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Great post and welcome aboard!! There is always something going on. See you out there [cheers]

Always broke
06-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome aboard you can tell who the crazies on here...

they all drive 4X4's :D

fourplay
06-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Good intro [5]

Welcome aboard

Keep an eye on yer beers when that always brokes around [f] How ya think he gots his name :happy0045: :happy0045: :happy0045: :happy0045: :happy0045: :happy0045: :happy0045: [f][f]

Well done intro.

[cheers]

gavman
06-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Ha ha Great intro, welcome to the show[cheers]
Looks liked you're gonna be loved already...

Momma Taz
06-15-2007, 08:14 AM
welcome to the site, hope to see you at one of our day trips

highwaystar
06-15-2007, 05:45 PM
sweet story man [36]

tattoo
06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow you guys are quick .
I was at work and had one of those moments 'n decided to webwheel .
Found this site and couldn't resist signing up .
I didn't expect so many smiley happy people responding so fast .
Thanks - appreciated .

I am in Coquitlam . An older established neighboorhood - thats what makes the bit about starting her up , lowlocking and ripping out of the bush with all those lookyloo's [M] - the best part of the affair .
the neighboors love me . [22]

Their manicured trees , golf green grass and picket fences don't fit in with my place . Pitch a tent , light the fire pit and kick back is what its about . The brambles provide privacy , fruit and protection (natural barbed wire)

I've taken the boy out to Stave a few times just to show him what kind of fun can be had . The stories start " I remember when .... OR you should have seen the time ..... " This is when he questions " dad , isn't the Tracker a 4x4 , why can't we go play ? " - Thats when I turn to him and say - " lets go home "

Not this summer . Just have to wait until the end of July - this is going to be the longest month - or shortest month , never enough time to get ready .

Redneck Lincoln
06-16-2007, 07:30 PM
WELCOME!!!!!! YAH I NEED TO GET OUT AND WHEEL AGAIN TOO!! SOOO MUCH TO DO TO GET MY TRUCK GOING, BUT SOON!!

naketa'sjeep
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the site [cheers]