PDA

View Full Version : Installing a SYE kit

Jeep Victim
06-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Would like to install my SYE kit on my YJ.Is this something I can do on my own,or should I let a shop handle it?If I need a shop can anyone recommend a shop that will do it?What should I expect to pay?I talked with a guy who had one installed in the 'Wack and he paid $600 for the install alone.Seemed real steep to me.I of course will pull the case out and put it back in.

nbrowser
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
For an SYE kit to be properly installed and to function correctly, essentially the entire T-case is dismantled, the output area for the rear driveshaft modified, then reassembled, and if your installer is any good, he or she will also recommend replacement of bunk parts inside the T-case....since it's open anyways, it's not a cheap venture as I have a friend with a '92 YJ that needs a SYE BAD !

Buck Master
06-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I did mine on my own and aside from the re and re of the t-case it took me 2 hours to do. It could be done in an hour by someone that knows what they are doing.

Apathy
06-14-2007, 06:31 AM
If you have to drill the output shaft, that could be tons of fun.

My pathfinder SYE was a BIATCH. (over 100 bucks worth of drill bits)

bakelite
06-14-2007, 08:51 AM
I did my 89 YJ...was pretty easy, no drilling required. The directions are really good just make sure which way stuff is facing when you take it apart and put it back the same way. I only had to do it once so that's pretty easy. [cheers]

Mr Vic
06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
i have a np 231 with SYE already installed going up for sale quickly. it was behind an ax5 so it has 21 spline input. send a pm if its of interest to you.

Ballsjeep
06-17-2007, 07:04 PM
If you have any wrenching experience at all ...Im sure you can install it ...its not hard if its a NP231 ...it took me about 3 hours....you dont need to remove the T-case from the jeep ...the hardest part of the job is getting the oil tube back into the pump ...you need a small dental hook ....and a pair of reverse pliers for all the ring clips....