PDA

View Full Version : my progress today.

Toyrantula
06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
got my inner and outer seal for the rear diff and a new bearing. Got my brake shoes.

Got the rear shafts out . cleaned up what i could of the oil soaked backing plate. drum came off easily. took the shaft and stuff to toyota to presson and off the old stuff. should be done tomorrow.

drivers side came out pretty good. the drum was a different story though. it is totally rusted to hell.

Need another inner seal, 2 o rings and the brake cable bushing pin.

Now to have a go at the driveshaft and pull the diff to put the aussie in.

also decided to extend the rear diff breather while i am in there. i think i can use a 1/8" tap to clean it out and put in the 1/8" barbed fitting i got. i will run it along the proportioning rod, then along the frame then through the hole in the corner of the box and zip it to the rollbar. should work i think?

Maybe do a homemade snorkel too.

Any tips on waterproofing your dist cap? gonna do the nwmra run i kamloops next weekend.

Dirkdoesdirt
06-12-2007, 10:06 PM
For water proofing my distributor cap, I ran a bead of dielectric grease around the bottom seal. It works great. No water gets in now.

shawn_ruley
06-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I did the same thing for my diff breathers, only I ran the hose for the rear diff into the tail light housing, then I ran the front up against the firewall