PDA

View Full Version : differential set up

bustamove
06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
does anyone know or can they set up a differential, i just payed MR transmission to fix mine, gears gone, and i guess it was soo bad he had to replace the whole third member, go fuck yourself , cost me 1300,it runs great but the thing is, i told him in the old one there a locker in there, no no no he says, well now i have an open diff and it sucks. long story short, i really don't want to pay a shop 85 an hour to do it. anyone??

youngun
06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
you know you could have bought a 3rd member from a wreaker for 80 bucks and payed someone 50 bucks to weld it and a couple hours labour and you would have a good diff.....

Chillbilly
06-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Yea...ya might wanna start hating that shop right about now.........for charging you for a 3rd member what it would cost for the freakin engine.

Installing the rear is super easy too...just kinda looks scary is all.

bustamove
06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
:( i know it wasn't till after the fact, that i realize i could have done it myself, he said he was only going to put new gears in, i didn't realize he was going to do all this work or eles i would have said fuck it, oh well leason learnt the hard way i guess

redman
06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
:( i know it wasn't till after the fact, that i realize i could have done it myself, he said he was only going to put new gears in, i didn't realize he was going to do all this work or eles i would have said fuck it, oh well leason learnt the hard way i guess

i would not pay i only pay for work that i agree to. Looks like they have taken advantage of the situation.

might be time to drop a lit flare in their shop :D i know some one who has done that made him feel great [36]

bustamove
06-14-2007, 05:35 PM
hahah yeah, well its my bad for not being on the ball, i never taking my vechicle into the shop before, usually i do all the work myself, that being said, i wish i could do that, but i am going to go for a visit some time this week and complain about my locker

Always broke
06-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Try Merv 604-607-5593 he's really good and he does this on the side so you don't get overcharged he did mine and it was reasonable [cheers]

bustamove
06-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Try Merv 604-607-5593 he's really good and he does this on the side so you don't get overcharged he did mine and it was reasonable [cheers]

hmm i c, thank you, well i will have to talk to him, but its gunna be a little while so i can recover from this shock....