PDA

View Full Version : Sunday June 10 Quadding

kootenaycat
06-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Todays ride up Archibald Creek, took a solo trip to check out some trails and side roads I've been meaning to try. Lots of bears out this season. Saw 4 today, 3 yesterday up Pend D'Oreille and 3 up Canex and Lost creek on Tuesday. Also saw a big bull moose, just starting to grow his rack.

zukkin
06-10-2007, 11:44 PM
nice were you scared lol

zukkin
06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
where about was this?

kamloopsyota
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
was that building an old relay station?

spanky
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
by yourself are ya crazy?????? Pics look good, but man bears are scary

kootenaycat
06-11-2007, 10:56 PM
was that building an old relay station?

Yah, some sort of repeater for Shaw Cable, been out of use for a few years now. Would make a really great quad/snowmobile cabin, just gotta talk a few guys into helping clean it up and put a wood stove in it.

Spanky, not too worried about going out alone, I ride pretty mellow when I'm by myself so not much chance of getting hurt. I'm more concerned the quad won't start after sitting on top of the mountain eating lunch! That's why I let the wife know where I have gone so she can send the search party up to find me if I don't show up on time! :D

Burge
06-13-2007, 06:32 AM
I said the same thing and ridding solo and ended up leaving the trail in an ambulance! Be carefull!

PS love the shots (as always)

Jeepnut
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Dam...I miss riding up there with you guys. Looked like another awesome day Kev[36]

NickB
06-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Nice to see you can come across building in the middle of no where and they are not detroyed from idiots. Awesome pics. and would love to ride with you one day.[cheers]

lincoln locked
06-14-2007, 10:50 AM
looking good, great pics thanks for sharing [cheers]

Mukaluk
06-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Nice pictures!

Lions and tigers and bears oh my!!!

nykoma
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
sweet ride , a little bird told me that the millie mack mine has been reopened.[cheers]

kootenaycat
06-14-2007, 10:58 PM
sweet ride , a little bird told me that the millie mack mine has been reopened.[cheers]
Reopened as in they are working it again, doing exploratory drilling? We never did make it into that mine last year. Went up twice and just did the Tillicum gold mine and explored the ridges above it. We planned on exploring across the valley as well as further up Londonderry ck this summer. Probably at least another 3-4 weeks before the snow is gone I bet. Do you know anyone who's been? :cool:

And what do you know about quadding through Burton since those idiots were terrifying the townsfolk last month? Cop said in the newspaper article that they would be impounding quads if found on public roads. When we come in from Koch creek down Woden creek, we have to ride from Snow creek past all the farms and cross Cariboo creek to the gravel pit before we can head up Burton ck FSR. Wondering if we will get hassled if we see a CO or cop on that route, and do you know of any trails that go from Snow to Cariboo ck east of those farms? Google Earth shows a logging road of sorts behind the farms, wouldn't mind staying off the main roads if we can this summer.

kwast
06-17-2007, 04:03 PM
[cheers] Nice ride, nice picks, how ya like that grizz??