PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Parting out my truck.

BigBlockChevy
06-09-2007, 02:46 PM
K well i need to get a VI done and its beggining to look like with all the DOT guys pinching shady shops that most people dont wanna do my truck cuase it is to big. still trying to find a place but im also thinking about just parting my truck out. its got a buncha shit on it that i think people might want. its an 81 chev body and the things that people would be most interested in would probably be.

1989 454 with some work done to it. not to much but it got dynoed at 426 horse and 475 ft pounds of torque.

An np205 transfercase with a twinstick.

Custom cv rear driveshaft its about 96 inches so will work for anything just needs to be shortened.

dana 60 front diff.

Corporate 14 bolt rear diff with a detroit locker.

brand new 44 inch boggers on cragar 5 spoke rims.

two prelude bucket seats on rails to fit probably any old chvey pickup.

two sets of leaf springs. they are skyjacker 12 inch lift springs but the front have to leafs out and are sagged and the rear only arch to about 10 inches.

custom rear shackle drop.

2 wheel drive steering box and crossover steering arm.

turbo 400 tranny

other than that stuff i got all the body pannels and shit. let me know if theres any interest in any of those parts. would be nice to get rid of the project wheiter its whole or in pieces.

Growly Gorilla
06-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I'd just get a trailer for it,nuthen wrong with a trailer queen.

BigBlockChevy
06-09-2007, 03:57 PM
yeah thats another one of my options. still dont know what im going to do so as i said im just getting an idea of what i might be able to get rid of if i did part it out.

toyon35s
06-09-2007, 04:49 PM
throw a set of 35s on it then vi it,i seen it when you were at the winery,its not that big,smaller tires would make a big diference in the height,it would be 10inchs smaller,you see lots of trucks with huge lifts and small tires,they look stupid,but if it will get you threw a vi who cares,then sell the truck with both 35s and 44s[cheers]

Big_Ern
06-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Sad to see ya thinking about selling/parting this thing out man:( Especially after all the work you (& Dave) put into it...

I'd do what toyon35s said and put it on some smaller tire to get thru a VI. Or just get a "parts" truck with clean VINs;)

kootenaycat
06-10-2007, 01:02 AM
throw a set of 35s on it then vi it,i seen it when you were at the winery,its not that big,smaller tires would make a big diference in the height,it would be 10inchs smaller,you see lots of trucks with huge lifts and small tires,they look stupid,but if it will get you threw a vi who cares,then sell the truck with both 35s and 44s[cheers]

I agree, put smaller tires on it to pass the VI. But 44's to 35's doesn't mean 10" smaller. More like 4.5". Still a start I'm sure!:D

78bronco
06-10-2007, 01:19 AM
I would be interested in the 44's!!!

Troy
06-10-2007, 01:26 AM
i'd be interested in the rear driveshaft, tie rod and draglink as long as they are custom not stock...

oh and what size rim are the boggers for?

HillBillyLincoln
06-10-2007, 02:29 AM
how much for the boggers.... Call me 604-835-0140

BigBlockChevy
06-10-2007, 02:40 PM
im just gettin a feel for what i could get for stuff so boggers id want 2750 on rims. they are brand new.

For the rear driveshaft it aswell is brand new and i paid 1300 for it so id be looking to get about 1000.

tie rod and drag link are not stock at all. id be looking for about 200 bucks for them.

and the rims on the boggers are 16.5s by 8 and 3/4

Ginger Snaps
06-10-2007, 03:51 PM
i wouldnt sell it or part it dude looks like you put so much work into it, its not worth it!!!

Maelthra
06-10-2007, 06:32 PM
thats too damn pretty to part out. Keep lookin' for someone to pick it up whole or trailer it.

78bronco
06-10-2007, 07:32 PM
would you seperate the tires from the wheels???

NickB
06-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Mu truck is way uglier and is still going. Have fun. Looks ok too me.

blacker_69
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
put on some street tire ie some 33's bolt up some $25 fender flares, put quiet exhaust on it and make sure your bumper is below 30" and headlights i believe 140 cm .make sure all your lights work and brakes are good and i dont see why it would not be passed. everytihng has to be in working order no matter what. windshield, frame, tie rod ends, u joints and nothing leaking oil. seatbelts and steering shaft, get the idea? its a good looking truck with no rust you wont have a prob. dont part out something that youve worked so hard on. on lang haul projects those things bleed as much of your own blood as you do!

BigBlockChevy
06-11-2007, 12:59 PM
k ive been thinkin buot the partin my truck out thing and i dont wanna do it anymore. but i do need a couple of grand for my next toy. so the new plan is selling my tires and rims of of my truck and then keepin it and maybe in a couple of months put some bigger tires on it and make it a trailer queen.

so the boggers and the rims are for sale. wouild like to keep them together but i might split them up. let me know if you want them and what your willing to pay and we can figure somthing out.