PDA

View Full Version : vacum leak

Ginger Snaps
06-07-2007, 07:13 PM
well having some problems the intake isnt sealing good to the block and is leakeing the motor is a 400 from a 79 bronco anyone have any ideas what ould help fix this yes the right gaskets are in there oh and its eddy performer 400 intake

jakerngr
06-07-2007, 07:18 PM
anything done to the motor???
how do you know where its coming from??/

Ginger Snaps
06-07-2007, 07:20 PM
just headers and custom exhuast decided to put on a new intake and carb

not sure where its coming from but the shop where its at is having some problems

jakerngr
06-07-2007, 07:27 PM
maybe at some point the heads where decked. or someone ordered the wrong parts. tell them the easiest way to find out exactly where the leak is coming from is to run the motor and while its running spay some intake spray around the intake in small spots at a time and when the engine idles up you'v found your leak. if its leaking the whole way around someone fucked up somewhere.

tenpack
06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
also works with a propane torch thats not lit, turn the gas on and when the engine revs up thats where is leaking. Keep away from sources of spark.

If you heads where decked, they would thereotically become shorter therefore how the intake seals in the bottom cornres the gap will get bigger, causing a vacuum leak.

Ginger Snaps
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks quinn and jake just got back from there he said nothing he cant fix just a little rough spot it will be ready to go tomorrow

jakerngr
06-07-2007, 10:07 PM
good to hear mang

Ginger Snaps
06-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks Bro hopefully its all done tomorrow so i can get going on other things for it ill post pics once i get it back looks pretty good seeing some blaang blang under the hood

tenpack
06-08-2007, 07:05 AM
ill come drink beer with you when my truck is all together. Motor is back, new head gaskets(basically best money can buy), re-wiring of the whole bastard is pretty much wrapped up, now im putting in some new gauges so my motor is kept in check... slowly.

I might be able to steal pops jeep one night and swing by.

Ginger Snaps
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
sweet dude give me a call ill come help i got nothing to do