PDA

View Full Version : help plz!

rs9000
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
i got a 1990 samurai i was driving it the othere day and every thing was fine the all of a sudden i lost power and it died on the side of the road so i get out and check and fiddle with sum stuff and it starts up agin and make it 5 blocks to my house since then ive tried to get it started but it wont keep running i turn the key over the check light comes on and the oil light my 2 turn signals and it keeps turning over unless u give it gas which u shouldnt have too cuz its fuel injected if u keep giving it gas it will run but the second u stop it die's we pulled the fule filter and put and new one it we put in a new fule pump last month ? im stumped ???? any one got any idea's ?

bustamove
06-10-2007, 03:22 PM
i got a 1990 samurai i was driving it the othere day and every thing was fine the all of a sudden i lost power and it died on the side of the road so i get out and check and fiddle with sum stuff and it starts up agin and make it 5 blocks to my house since then ive tried to get it started but it wont keep running i turn the key over the check light comes on and the oil light my 2 turn signals and it keeps turning over unless u give it gas which u shouldnt have too cuz its fuel injected if u keep giving it gas it will run but the second u stop it die's we pulled the fule filter and put and new one it we put in a new fule pump last month ? im stumped ???? any one got any idea's ?

try lookin at the IAC, or idle air control valve if it has one, i had a 89 tracker, and mine had the opposite problem it would idle too high, and wouldn't come down, but while driving it or giving it gas it would drive fine. so i dunno if that helps or not.