PDA

View Full Version : Big O - Big Foot X/T - opinions?

Fuzzydog
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm looking at getting a set 33 -12.5/15 brand new $1200 on the truck/out the door. they would be going on my 6.5 lifted cherokee with 4.10 gears

Anyone had these and care to share opinions? they look reasonably aggressive and have a killer warranty. I'm mostly interested in road noise issues.

brothergrimms
06-05-2007, 01:29 PM
their crap dont stop in rain and shit off road theys better tires then big shitys out there

Fuzzydog
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
hokaaay....I'm not entirely clear, are you saying you like them? :dontknow:

Just kidding. clearly you don't - thanks for the input. anyone else?

brothergrimms
06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
r you on drugs their crap shitest tires on the market i'll never buy another set

England
06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Im with the little fella on this one mate save get BFG Muds if yer want muds that is

highwaystar
06-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I had a set of the old style and completely loved them.

I just got a new set of tires and was gonna get the new big o xts but just didnt like them as much. They seemed more poser oriented with the sidewall art and the tread design didnt make as much sense to me.

Jeep Victim
06-05-2007, 06:52 PM
1200 for Big O 33's,glad you aren't shopping with my money

Lynx
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Yea my buddy just got them on his 4runner and their alright, super super quiet. Did well in mud and average on everything else. Go for it if you can get them cheaper.

bakelite
06-06-2007, 08:12 AM
MT/R's are great man....[cheers]

Fuzzydog
06-06-2007, 08:28 AM
I have 31" MTRs now and I just can't stand the road noise. there are a couple of sweet spots where they are not as bad but for most highway driving they howl too much for me - besides I'm not that big into mudding - I just want a reasonably aggressive AT that will do the job crawling when aired down.

the 31" MTRs are for sale by the way - mounted and balanced on alum 5 x 4.5 rims....

bakelite
06-06-2007, 08:38 AM
That's weird, I've had mtr's on three trucks never noticed any road noise??? Found them to be great for just about anything. :confused:

bakelite
06-06-2007, 08:42 AM
These ones? 54593

Fuzzydog
06-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Yup, that looks like them. after I regeared, lifted, messed with axles, driveshafts, pinions, etc, I ran some basic street tires to listen for vibes and noise, finally got all the vibes/noise gone and put the freshly balanced MTRs on and just not happy with the noise. I bought them used and already mounted on these alum rims - maybe there is something wrong with the rims but Kal Tire never pointed out any probs when they did the balancing...
it sounds to me like lug noise, definitely - could be because of over or under inflation by the previous owner.

how much pressure should I be using on the road with 31"mtrs on a relatively light vehicle like an XJ?

Big_Ern
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
The XT's are awesome tires. I had them on my old 4runner for 2 years and then gave them to my dad who has now had them for 3-4 years. So probably over 100k and they've still got decent tread left.

I used them b/c they're a combo of mud & AT. And the factory siping had HUGE benefits in the rain & snow & ice. They were awesome in the winter, both wheeling & getting to the ski hills. I have no complaints and would get them again if I had a DD. No road noise, altho my dad thinks there's a small amount, but he's not an offroader and used to quiet ATs.

Note that these were the old style XTs -- they've changed to the design you posted since I got them, but they still look like a great tire to me. Can't beat the unquestioned Big O warrenty either; altho I never had to use it.

Not many other tires that fit into this crossover category.

crazy j
06-06-2007, 10:10 PM
The XT's are awesome tires.....And the factory siping had HUGE benefits in the rain & snow & ice. They were awesome in the winter, both wheeling & getting to the ski hills. I have no complaints and would get them again if I had a DD......Note that these were the old style XTs

+1 on that

candain tire sells the same tire as the 'Roughrider', which is what i had. if i remeber they only sold them opto 31" though.
like ern said, excellent winter tire (studdable too) and does surprisingly well off road for a crossover tire.
if you use your jeep for commuting and light wheeling, then theyd be perfect IMO.
i would definately try a to get a better price though. i think i paid a little over $600 for said tires OTD a few years back

toyon35s
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
shit ill sell ya a set of 35inch dunlop mud rovers on american racing rims off a toyota for 1500 they still have about 97%tread left on them[cheers] :dontknow:

Big_Ern
06-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Price sounds about right. I paid 8-900 for my 31x10.5s mounted & balanced about 5,6,7 years ago.

I also noticed Crappy tire sells the same tire for a bit cheaper, but then your supporting crappy tire and won't get ther service like you'd get at Big O. Plus I doubt they have the unlimited mileage -- up to 2/32nds free replacement warrenty. Which even covers offroad shit like a torn sidewall, etc

g-rod
06-09-2007, 02:06 PM
i had a set of 285/75r16 on my dodge, bought em used really nice tire, but DO NOT told up to smoke shows, AT ALL, i smoked em right off, thats the only disadvatge and then, my brothers got em on his yota with a 4.3 chev, there a 33, no problems with em execpt they dont hold up to smoke shows, he just did a bunch of little one,s and you can notice whcih 2 tires were on the rear.... so if you like doing smoke shows, dont buy em

kinda nasty
06-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Big O XTs are awesome. I have known may people to have them. The new design looks like it should work really good. I have the old Big O muds and the work great all around and you can't beat the warranty. You should call Big O Chilliwack. $1200. is too much.