PDA

View Full Version : suzuki hp

ray
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM
what types of headers are out there and also

anyone do any simple mods for a lil bit more power?

so far i have centre forces triple friction clutch

2.5 inch exhast with highflo cat thrush muffler

and a cold air on it

anything else it seems to be laggin with 31s just want a lil more power

ive already done gear reduction to

any ideas ?

bakelite
06-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I ran my sidekick with big pipe and NO muffler. Could feel the difference.

fresh
06-05-2007, 01:40 PM
cam shaft is the best up grade then carb or tbi spacer

Kinslayer
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I have an underdrive pulley sitting at home that'll give ya about 5 extra HP

ray
06-07-2007, 09:24 AM
cam shaft is the best up grade then carb or tbi spacer

TBI all suzukis 92 and up are fuel injected so no

no spacers

Chillbilly
06-14-2007, 09:32 AM
From what I know...if yer runnin an exhust like that (2.5inches) and the high flow cat.....a header will be a waste of cash for ya....your as open as you can get withough strippin the whole system off.......gotta keep a bita back pressure hahaha!

Oh...Im zuki pilot from way back :)

steeper
06-15-2007, 01:48 AM
people say you need some backpressure, thats wrong, only on 2 strokes do you need a bit of backpressure. The problem with too big of an exhaust isnt backpressure, its exaust port velocity, if the gasses coming out of the exhaust port hit a big open space, they slow down too fast and the gasses behind pile into the turbulent air ad slow down your port velocity. that said, a good header that isnt too big will be just fine, then run whatever size the end of the header or a little bigger out the back with a high flow muffler and no cat (or if you gotta get a sniff test, a high flow cat, or a spot to put your cat on test day)

I think the header is the most important part of the link though, not because its bigger, but it'll flow smoother than the manifold.

norm
06-15-2007, 07:08 AM
I know a few guys with the Doug Thorley tri-Y header and it seems to work
well,no problems with mine.Also a torque grind on the cam will help.

Zukbuilder
06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Drop a 4.3 V6 in the focker, and pray your axles will hold [cheers]

Trooper
06-16-2007, 01:44 PM
MSD will make a difference, You can feel the difference. I got 8hp from a MG with one

Chillbilly
06-16-2007, 02:38 PM
people say you need some backpressure, thats wrong, only on 2 strokes do you need a bit of backpressure. The problem with too big of an exhaust isnt backpressure, its exaust port velocity, if the gasses coming out of the exhaust port hit a big open space, they slow down too fast and the gasses behind pile into the turbulent air ad slow down your port velocity. that said, a good header that isnt too big will be just fine, then run whatever size the end of the header or a little bigger out the back with a high flow muffler and no cat (or if you gotta get a sniff test, a high flow cat, or a spot to put your cat on test day)

I think the header is the most important part of the link though, not because its bigger, but it'll flow smoother than the manifold.

I had a two inch exhust and no cat and it was perfect....how much open can ya get before not having an exhust at all? paying 150-250 for a header to MABYE sqeeze out 5 more horse if yer lucky didnt seem werth it to me.

Plus ive drivin my zuki with the exhust completely off and all i got when slowing down was POP POP POP BANG POP BANG!!!!!! Becuase I had no back pressure.....soon as it was back on...everything was smooth.

Best horse power mod for a zuki IMHO is either the fuel injectio form a 91, 1.6ltr swap and or gearing...baby lobster or something...depending on yer tires though. You can do what ever ya want to a stock zuki engine....brand new they are barly pushin 60 something horse...modded right up you might be able ta get 75-95 for the same cost as stickin in the fuelinjection and gearing.

joshjohnbaun
06-18-2007, 05:37 PM
thmmmm weird..l.

REZ
06-24-2007, 10:19 PM
stuff you done is good enough for running 31". if you have the tools you can change the seat and valve angle. I have done 70,45,30,15 (much better flow). another good upgreade is msd ignition.

I have a 8 valve with complete rebuilt. cold air custom snorkel, ceramic code header, 2" pipe no cat, I am running 31"s and it runs very good