PDA

View Full Version : Just not happening......

sbags
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Got my 22R toyota motor ripped apart, but am breaking everything in sight(sockets, adapters, bars) trying to get the crank pulley off so I can do the timing chain. I've tried everything I can think of and have to move this thing in a few weeks........:dontknow:

bakelite
06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Some heat on the bolt and an impact?

epic3
06-01-2007, 02:21 PM
is it reverse thread

StillRYE
06-01-2007, 03:29 PM
haha yea what i have learned from doin many 22r's is to use a breaker bar wedged between the frame and just turn the motor over or you have to find an impact small enough to fit in there other then that your screwed

kootenaycat
06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
haha yea what i have learned from doin many 22r's is to use a breaker bar wedged between the frame and just turn the motor over or you have to find an impact small enough to fit in there other then that your screwed

What he said! If it's still in the truck and you haven't taken the timing chain off the cam sprocket yet, just use the starter motor, just make sure the coil is disconnected first.

If that doesn't work, there's another sure way, but it will involve a new crank pulley bolt. Use a good quality air chisel with lots of air volume to crack it loose. I've used that method hundreds of times on anything from crank pulleys to front wheel drive hub nuts. Works every time.

toyon35s
06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
if the motor is out take it to a shop ,i fucked with mine for a week then took it in and 20$ later it was out,[cheers]

Toyrantula
06-01-2007, 10:51 PM
haha other then that your screwed

speaking from experience there are we buddy?

hahaha[cheers]