PDA

View Full Version : Double T-case ideas

Troy
05-28-2007, 08:30 PM
While I'm in the process of building my truck, I'm needing to rotate my inner knuckles (end forgings on my d60 front end) to compensate for the big lift pinion angle etc... I was thinking of running a double t case setup. Truck is a 79 ford f250 with a married np205 and I was thinking of getting another ford np205 divorced style and mounting it behind my stock one and connecting both using a small driveshaft. Then thinking I could hack off the front output side of my married case and weld a plate over it so my driveshaft could go to the divorced t case. Both cases being in stock orientation (no clocking). I would gain alot lower gearing in low range and a longer front driveshaft making for a better pinion angle. Any downfalls/ ideas / suggestions?

heres a quick diagram looking from above

m j
05-28-2007, 09:08 PM
you should check if the 32 spline output on the ford transfer case will match up with the 32 spline chevy input shaft

but really it makes more sense to do a normal doubler with a np203 range box and a married 205

Troy
05-28-2007, 09:36 PM
i dont want to spend 1200 on an adapter kit and was thinking i could do this with just a custom short driveshaft and hacking off the excess of the married case and capping it off making it easier and cheaper. Im not sure what your thinking with the chevy input and ford output idea?

jakerngr
05-28-2007, 10:29 PM
it has been done and you dont even have to cut the 205 you just put a steady bearing under it and run a 2 piece shaft. here is a pic kinda

Troy
05-28-2007, 10:34 PM
ya i was thinkin i got so much lift i could probably clear the married case. I just got another idea, instead of making a shorty driveshaft between the w cases, i could make/machine my own flange yokes for each case and bolt both flanges directly together eliminating any misalignment and also keeping it a more compact design

a 32 spline flange like this on the output of the married and the input of the divorced case bolted right together
http://www.highangledriveline.com/images/1350cv/patent2.jpg

jakerngr
05-28-2007, 10:37 PM
dont think you want to bolt them together solid like that when your t cases are mounted in seperate spots with rubber.

Troy
05-28-2007, 10:41 PM
ya that could be a problem. I could always use two 1410 size yokes and just put a u joint connecting both yokes? I would be fabricating all new mounts and crossmembers and tie it all into the frame keeping it beefy. I dont know I just thought while im at it theres got to be a cheap and simple way to adapting another case behind my stock one. How is your buddys truck setup, is he using a shorty driveshaft between cases or what?

jakerngr
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
yup a short shaft..it works well.