PDA

View Full Version : Comanche (MJ) leaf springs

WagoneerXJ
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Anyone know who has or where I can get my hands on a set of stock leafs from an MJ? I need both complete leaf packs. I'm makin a trailer outta one but both leaf packs are destroyed.

DirtyComanche
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Umm, I'm gonna say I really hope the cab was fucked.

Basically find a decent junkyard. JCwhitney (or however that's spelled) did/does sell metric tonne leafs but they're kinda pricey.

Try furd exploder leafs. They're pretty much the same, IIRC. Might sit a little lower but you could double them up a bit.

Actually, if the cab isn't fucked, I might want it. Too bad your so far away. Hmm.

hrd4mud
05-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I make the trip between cranbrook and vernon at least once a month, chip in a bit for gas and the backwork and ill haul it up if you guys make a deal.

WagoneerXJ
05-14-2007, 12:54 PM
The cab is ok I guess. I'm takin the hood and fenders off of it. Painted black right now. Was a 4.0 5spd. Dunno if it's worth gettin.

DirtyComanche
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Got pics? They're unibody, so typically people don't just want a cab. But I need one to build a truggy to replace my uh, POS. So it's not like pretty is a huge deal.

WagoneerXJ
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Got pics? They're unibody, so typically people don't just want a cab. But I need one to build a truggy to replace my uh, POS. So it's not like pretty is a huge deal.

Gimme a couple days, I'll grab some pics of it.

WagoneerXJ
05-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Also I measured the springs today. I need some 55" long, and 2.5" wide leafs. Anyone know or could find out what other springs would work?

Kinslayer
05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
2.5 inch wide eh..could use chev fullsize leaves..might be slightly shorter than 55 though. (52)

WagoneerXJ
05-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the idea, I'll keep it in mind.

DirtyComanche
05-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Ever take some pics?

Like I said, the explorer leaves are bang on, or within an inch. They have a little less static arch, but are a bit thicker (higher rate).

WagoneerXJ
05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I ended up with some S-10 leaves. They should work out nicely. No I didn't take pics yet, I got lazy haha. Maybe today I'll grab some pics on my way to work. Gotta take the springs out there anyway.

WagoneerXJ
05-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Here's some pics for ya, Dirtycomanche....

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/WagoneerXJ/3423001.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/WagoneerXJ/3423002.jpg

I'm keepin stuff like the fenders and hood, and the engine. That's about it. Interior is burgundy, it's a 2wd 4.0/5spd.

hrd4mud
05-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Is that a 70's Ford in the background? I need a box for mine, nobody wants to buy it withought a box. Ill swap you that old Jeep you looked at for the box if its somewhat decent.

WagoneerXJ
05-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Is that a 70's Ford in the background? I need a box for mine, nobody wants to buy it withought a box. Ill swap you that old Jeep you looked at for the box if its somewhat decent.

yea it's a 1979 F-150 Ranger XLT 4x4. Box is ok....nothin special. It's not mine, belongs to one of my bosses (his property) Dunno what he's doin with it right now, but I can find out.

I dunno if I need another Jeep...I just bought a 1993 Cherokee Country for parts/fix up....but hey, we'll see!

DirtyComanche
05-25-2007, 07:21 PM
So, what ya want for the cab?

I'll take her as long as I can get somebody to truck 'er over here.

Er, and any chance it has any papers?

WagoneerXJ
05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
So, what ya want for the cab?
I'll take her as long as I can get somebody to truck 'er over here.
Er, and any chance it has any papers?

How bout $200? I can ask the kid I bought it off of about the papers...probly has em somewhere.... All I want is the hood, RH fender and a few small odds and ends. I'll leave the interior alone (Burgundy in color with a bench seat) 4.0 computer and all the wiring, steering column is dropped, but I'll bolt it back up, you can even have the wheels that are on it, if you want.

Just curious, what are your plans for it?

DirtyComanche
05-25-2007, 11:38 PM
12" narrowing, new floor and firewall. To go on a tube frame. One of those stupid 'hey, this would be a good idea' projects.

I only need the cab, but if it comes with anything else that works for me. The peices definatly don't need to be attached. And the remaining fender is a good thing, I'm out of spares.

I was somewhat hoping that you'd just cut/blow the unibody/inner fenders off right in front of the firewall just to make shiping easier. All of that junk would be going anyways. Unless you didn't cut the frame off the back to make the trailor?

Anyways, $200 seems like a deal to me. I'll just need to find somebody to pick it up. I guess there's no good comercial shipping options if nobody wants to do it?

WagoneerXJ
05-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Sounds interesting! If there's any stuff you want me to remove, let me know and I'll take it off (nicely of course) Transmission is still in it, Peugot 5spd 2wd, you probly don't want that.

I haven't cut the frame yet, but I will be in the next little while. right behind the cab.
I may have some good news. Buddy of mine, who is the previous owner of the truck ironically, has a Ford Diesel truck with a flat deck......we're bettin the cab will fit on there. We've even got a forklift to load it with! He said there's a possibility he'd haul it down to Vernon. It would have to be on a weekend of course. I'll let ya know on that.

DirtyComanche
05-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Alrighty. We'll just see how it pans out. Weekends are good for me.

WagoneerXJ
08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Well I finally got this thing hacked in half today, with S-10 leafs, SOA D35 and some 33's. Holy hell is it gonna be big! Now I just gotta do some welding and get her wired up [cheers]