PDA

View Full Version : TUBE DOORS

fresh
05-11-2007, 02:27 PM
are tube doors lega if u have mirrors, i just made them and dont want a ticket , they have mirrors two. ??????? thanks

brothergrimms
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
put them on you have mirrors put to they don't like people not to have mirrors on should be ok[cheers]

Halo
05-11-2007, 04:22 PM
technically not legal but i don't think you'll have any problems.

fresh
05-12-2007, 10:52 AM
ok, its gettin warm

mark
05-14-2007, 10:45 PM
my buddy used to run no doors on his sammi and he just made sure he had miirors and the cops stopped him a couple of times and never said anything.

kootenaycat
05-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Can't see anything in the regs saying you can't have tube doors. They do have to have a latch release similar to factory though. Meaning in an emergency you or passenger must be able to quickly open them from inside. Not sure if that applies to outside handles too. I wouldn't worry about it

PIGDOG
05-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Yea. I checked the regs a while ago and I'd pass them with a working latch.

Murd0c
05-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Can't see anything in the regs saying you can't have tube doors. They do have to have a latch release similar to factory though. Meaning in an emergency you or passenger must be able to quickly open them from inside. Not sure if that applies to outside handles too. I wouldn't worry about it

it applies to the outside handles as well if theres a emergency the ambulance/fire police etc would have to open the door to get you out.

thats why shaved door handles are illegal

Kinslayer
05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
But, if it's tube doors.... you don't even need to open them to drag you out if required.. It's like saying you have to have handles on your doors you've taken off..incase they have to open the non-existant doors in an emergency.

I can see the mirrors thing though.