PDA

View Full Version : dana 60 question

ryanmacneil8448
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
so heres the scenario my buddy has a early 80's chev with a 454 and nitrous runnin 38's. he welded the rear end cuz the spiders were fucked he is takin his front apart to do bearings. wants to lock it but a detroit costs a g and the guy at nsor said a powertrax is too weak. u would think if they made it to fit in a 60 wouldnt it be strong enough? so they suggested a spool. i told him he should weld the spiders first it will save him 200 bucks and if he hates it he can put in his spare carrier. how is a fullsize gonna turn welded in the front? my last toy was welded front and rear it didnt turn great but it wasnt horrible also is the powertrax shit? thats what i have in my 4runner with a 350 and it seems to hold up ok if it was ur truck and u wanted it locked in the front what would u guys do weld it? powertrax? spool? fuck it all and spend the g note on a detroit? :s30x:

Squishy
05-10-2007, 09:50 PM
if it was mine id pony up and get the detroit with that kinda power, and atleast you can steer with the detroit. order from the states, i found a price of 529usd

in my opinion posi's are junk(unless your talkin lock right. and i think those are junk also), once you lift a tire your phuct

ryanmacneil8448
05-10-2007, 09:51 PM
yeah lockrite=powertrax

Squishy
05-10-2007, 10:00 PM
i broke my lockrite, wont ever buy another one, id rather just spend it once since i dont plan to be nice to it