PDA

View Full Version : How to Break your Truck in 5 easy steps

Ditchpig
05-10-2007, 08:34 PM
After months of not bothering working on it or paying much attention to the gear oil bleeding that my truck has been doing I started on it again. First thing I've decided to repair is the leaking rear axle oil seals. So I take the 4 bolts out of the brake drum assemblyI BARELY got the 2 bottom bolts out of the assembly so I hacksawed the brake line off back there cause it's nuked anyway. Then I tried to make some sense of that abortion of a mess that Toyota calls the E-Brake levers, seized and rusted and basically fucked was the diagnosis to I just used the grinder and cut the cable... muy easier! I know that I'll probably regret killing the ebrake but I'm planning on a transfer case brake. Whole thing is apart now, axle is out and it looks awesome and the tubes are clean and the 3rd looks fantastic.... but the seal fell apart as soon as it came out. I'll get some pics of the thing apart tomorrow for people that wanna see.:party0010:

toyon35s
05-10-2007, 09:32 PM
ha ha just wait till you do the front seals,its about a 6hour job and isnt fun[cheers]

trevyota
05-10-2007, 11:12 PM
6 hour's........

wtf...

toy ebrake's arent that bad and you will be regreting cutting that.

sucks to be you.

fresh
05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
my toyota axle is going back together and i would agree on the six hours, there a PAIN then next is the rear, oh joy

GOT MUD
05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
their not that bad, 4 hr's max from start to finish ya just gotta know what your doin, and i think i might have one a them there cables that you need

lizard
05-11-2007, 07:39 PM
my 94 was rusty as crap but I didnt cut nothing , soak them , take them apart , us antisieze when putting back together

Toyquad
05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
the amount of time you take totally depends on how good of a job you wanna do. I can probably do one in less then 1 1/2 hours. but it aint gonna be pretty.

Ditchpig
05-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Well I got everything back together last night still haven't taken it out on the road to see if my seal job worked. I'm not ultra bummed about the e-brake cable, I've been driving it over a year and it's never actually worked the whole time. As for the front axle it's getting overhauled this summer. I've got a bad pinion seal right now because previous owner was semi-retarded. Gonna redo the knuckles, bearings, seals, and put an Aussie Locker into it. Seeing as I'm going to be tearing the front apart on it I'm gonna put some new springs on as well... might as well make it count.

flipper
05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
The tcase brake holds where the stock one would let your truck roll off the cliff next to the trail.

ryanmacneil8448
05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
i can do fronts in 4 hours but it is a messy dirty greasy job i try to avoid it at all costs lol