PDA

View Full Version : locker for 8"

Toyrantula
05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
thiking of something along an aussie locker for my 8inch rear diff. Something that can be put in relatively easy.

Anyone got a good place to look into pricing?

thanx

kamloopsyota
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
doesnt an aussie require grinding?? what about a detroit or loc rite

hamberger
05-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Subtle filing of the carrier to slide it in...usually just the seam where the carrier is cast...no loss of strength.

If your going inexpensive lunchbox locker then go Aussie. Had mine for 2 years no problemo. Somebody else is using it now in their front.

Only reason I changed it out cuz I got a good deal on a Detroit Softlocker with the gears I wanted.

ham

Toyrantula
05-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I wanted something i can install at home w/o special tools and comes fairly cheaply.

toyon35s
05-08-2007, 11:31 PM
weld it ,its cheap and easy

hamberger
05-09-2007, 01:00 AM
I wanted something i can install at home w/o special tools and comes fairly cheaply.

only special tool you need is a feeler guage to insure your within the tolerated specs that come with instructions of the Aussie from "Torqmasters"
Ordered directly.

Lotsa good info on www.gearinstalls.com about "freshening-up" your toyota 3rd and stuff.

ham

Toyrantula
06-15-2007, 12:26 PM
the locker went in pretty goood. the shaft tolerance was .008" which is on the tight side but within specs.

only problem really was putting the springs on the pins. and the grease needed to hold parts in place.

Pretty much anyone can install these relatively easy. Instruction sheets is like an 8 page manual and relly good. I would recomend getting aholf of BIG B at Jeep Thrills for one. great pricing, shipping was fast and he is a standup guy.

I would definaely deal with him again. AAAA+++ dealer guys