PDA

View Full Version : 4.3 (not vortech) Fuel Lines?

TimHortonsAddict
05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Would any one know of a cheap place to get these fuel lines? Either made, or all ready shaped?

I honestly don't want to go to GM for them...

And by looking at them I assume they are an extreme pain in the ass to change. Sooo would someone also either know how to change them, or know of a shop that isn't too over-priced that could do it for me in the lower mainland? (It would obviously have to be towed there)

Thanks for any help...

TimHortonsAddict
05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I actually only need "one" fuel line. It's the one on the passenger side of the TBI lol (best way to explain it) it runs down to the right side of the motor, then through a hole... along the frame I believe...

Kinslayer
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I need this same information, hehe. I haven't started looking but i've been told all it is is a flared steel line, needs to be able to handle around 15psi, so a large brake line should work...so long as it is flared correctly.

TimHortonsAddict
05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, you could flare it correctly and whatnot, but could you honestly imagine trying to shape and form those lines? They`re damn near as long as the truck.

Unless there is some way to connect a new piece with the old piece "shrug"
That's kind of a cheesy way to look at doing it though... might as well replace the whole thing and know it's good right...

Kinslayer
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh you can get couplers for lines and they work perfectly. Shaping lines isn't that hard, I had to do it for my brakes, hehe.

You arn't going to be running one giant steel line anyway, it goes in sections with rubber peices where it needs to flex