PDA

View Full Version : stave april 29th

hornythrony
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
went out to stave yesterday wicked day saw acouple big trucks one on 49's [36] he blew up the front right axle shaft and ive got a couple short vid's if anyone could post them for me

jakerngr
04-30-2007, 07:43 PM
49's will do that post the vids

351BII
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
All it did was break the u joint he switched it out today and put his spare hub on

hornythrony
04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
All it did was break the u joint he switched it out today and put his spare hub on

the yoke at the end of the shaft that goes into the spindle was gone so there was more then just changing the u-joint come on make it sound like he was doin something really cool and then busted his shit come on from the sound of it you know him and your suppost to make him look good not some guy who just broke a cross and had to change it [cheers]

Kinslayer
05-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Last time I saw a post about that chev he blew up his front end then too!

351BII
05-01-2007, 09:49 AM
[cheers] I do know the guy and it was good..Ya thats what I ment it snapped the u joint off then the shafts binded then it took the yoke off the stub shaft....Thats expected tho..Apparently 49s dont like to be dropped to the ground at a high rpm..:confused0006: .Last time he blew out the hub lock out. Warn replaced it under warranty. They recomended goin to a solid hub but u would be screwed if u mangled ur diff inside i would think?? Thats too bad that white 350 didnt have its front shaft, it woulda been good to see... and he woulda went in more places with his 49s but if he got stuck way in there there wasnt anyone who woulda got colse..Was a good day tho..Be back sunday

In The Zone
05-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Hubs are a easy fix

drive flanges would not give thus destroying a more expensive harder to replace component every time.

move the weak link to the cheapest easiest replaceable area if one can afford 49's then a fused drive shaft would be the best bet.

351BII
05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Hubs are a easy fix

drive flanges would not give thus destroying a more expensive harder to replace component every time.

move the weak link to the cheapest easiest replaceable area if one can afford 49's then a fused drive shaft would be the best bet.

What does a fused driveshaft allow? Cost of them. Might be something worth looking into..

In The Zone
05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Basically a shaft that has 2 companion flanges that are sleeved so when the fuse goes it does not drop but will spin harmless until you shut it down..

you can get links(FUSES) in a assorted range of strength to allow tweaking of your driveline.
takes like 5 minutes to swap new links in
basically a shear strength set up not cheap initially but worth it in time and costly half shafts or worse...

Shorty
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Nice pics, looks a lil slippery there

351BII
05-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Basically a shaft that has 2 companion flanges that are sleeved so when the fuse goes it does not drop but will spin harmless until you shut it down..

you can get links(FUSES) in a assorted range of strength to allow tweaking of your driveline.
takes like 5 minutes to swap new links in
basically a shear strength set up not cheap initially but worth it in time and costly half shafts or worse...

Cool. Thanks...Im goin to look into that for my rig[cheers]