PDA

View Full Version : Front u joint problem?

cj5sean
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey guys i need some input.
i just recently rebuilt my front diff its a dana 44 heavy duty under my 76 f-250 i just redid everything and also did the integral powersteering box swap well my problem is i just blew out the passenger side ujoint. i rebuilt everything ujs balljoints tierods bearings seals the works and on my maiden vouyage today[j] i blew the ujs the caps wound themselves out of the axle now in wundering weather the steering was to sharp for them would that cause this to happen or is it possible it was a factory dropout o ya it was percision not spicer.
enyways im gonna replaceit tomorrow but i wanna no why it happened eny imput would be appreciated.:confused0006:

m j
04-29-2007, 11:26 PM
what size tires?
where you wheelin it?
if you run big tires the stress is hard on the yokes
they deform and it spits the c clips out of the ujoints
your best bet is to order $400 worth of alloy Yukon axles from completeoffroad.com
if you are on tires smaller then 35s then you probably didnt seat the c clips properly

cj5sean
04-29-2007, 11:36 PM
its got 31s and i wasnt really givener and since i bought it its only ever had 31 but i think your right i had a few brews when i did the ujs and i dont even remember puting the c clips in drur
thanks m j thats deffenetly what it was. Now i feel stupid.

StinkFinger
04-30-2007, 12:05 AM
the clips probably dident seat properly when you put the new ones in