PDA

View Full Version : Lions Back is now closed.

sbags
04-27-2007, 09:36 AM
For anyone who knows...The Lions Back is the big fin, one of Moab's famous slickrock runs; has been sold to a private owner for future developement of houses and condo's (4Wheel and Off-Road, June 2007). The land lease had been held by the School &Institutional Trust Lands Administration, a Utah state agency that manages real estate trusts, that on occassion, sell these trusts to private owners. The new owners placed rocks at the enterance to close it due to liability(anyone remember the Blazer that carreened down it with NO brakes?!!) with no intentions to re-open it. Hell's Revenge Trail is unaffected by this so far.........another one bites the dust.......[16]

Apathy
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
ya.. there has been tons of talk about this on Pirate 4x4. Sucks ASS, never got to run it. However, the good news is.. there isnt much else that closed and there isn't much else that can be closed to to public land and other crap that i don't know all the details about.

Unless, they just shut the whole area down. now that would bite ASS

Jeepnut
04-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Well Iam gald I did it before it closed[16]

J20
04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
fuck that sucks.........[j]

Murd0c
04-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Well Iam gald I did it before it closed[16]

thats for sure said it's closed but as least we had the chance to run it (even if I was riding with mikey) but thats made the trip all worth it

gavman
04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah i just heard this the other night from a buddy who just got back from the jeep fest.
I was hoping to run that one day for sure but now there is gonna be condos at the bottom.:mad0217:

Murd0c
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't get how they can put condos atthe bottom it's really in the middle of no where.

and there is still a back way to get up lions back thats if u dare to take it

epic3
04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I dont think I could ever trust any of my trucks present or future to attempt a decent/climb like that

call me chicken shit I'd walk it

Nutbar
04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Well I am glad I finally got to climb it on the last trip down there isn't really a hard obstacle just a good mind f--k and if they haven't closed Hells Revenge then there is always the Back Side O Lions Back access:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

96 runner
04-27-2007, 08:07 PM
A tacoma drove off the side a couple months ago before it was closed to like the truck with no brakes

MR.MIKE
04-27-2007, 08:11 PM
well rules were ment to be broken:hitler:

gavman
04-27-2007, 09:08 PM
The famous crash...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbkTncjEOs%0D

ddog75blazer
04-27-2007, 11:13 PM
[woweyes] would have been cool if he made it all the way though[36]

sbags
04-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Crazy!! Must not be running 10 Bolt axles eh?!!! So....if he lost the brakes...why not down shift? Even an auto tranny should not have let that much speed gather(in 1st, with the transfer in 4Lo). Manual tranny would not let that happen.... did he lose engine power? That would probrably f*ck someone up pretty quick!! Damn lucky(enough to even start drinking the beer!).

Murd0c
04-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Well I am glad I finally got to climb it on the last trip down there isn't really a hard obstacle just a good mind f--k and if they haven't closed Hells Revenge then there is always the Back Side O Lions Back access:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

not mAny people that crazy to run it

UU
04-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I've been down there 3 times and have spoken with the locals, the story goes;
Guy drives up and turns around, lets girlfriend drive down. Now that its facing down hill something rolls under the pedals, girl can't hit brakes or engage clutch, now in neutral. Truck picks up speed and at the last moment the guy pulls the wheel and it goes off the side and into the sand; which is probably what saved them, cuz going straight off would have been a lot worse.

Scary having that running through your head when all ya can see is sky and the gound way down below.

sbags
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow.....I can only guess thats why EVERYTHING is supposed to be tied down....but what about the "water bottle, or the can of pop"??? Pretty tough to tie down those!! Very lucky indeed!!drama