PDA

View Full Version : 83 yota piss off

outlawsauto
04-22-2007, 05:31 PM
k i have a 83 pick up with a 22r and im having a electrical problem with it and wondering if any one else has had the same any ways its like this it was running one day and then just shut down so i went to start it again and i got absolutly nuthin out of it soo i took the starter out tried it to see if it worked and it didnt so i replaced it and now with the new one that works it still does nuthin soo i jumpt the starter to crank it over and it cranks and cranks but wont fire and there is no spark and i have the key turened to the on position.... so i figuer its sumthin to do with the ignition switch but just wondering what every one else thinks thanks Nick

82 yota
04-23-2007, 01:36 AM
there is a few wires that go to your battery, they have a couple of plugs a few inches away from the batery, think one has 2wires and the other has 1,check them to make sure all the connections are good, and there are no broken wires, chaces are that is your problem, had it on my truck and seen it on a bunch of other toys

outlawsauto
04-23-2007, 06:03 PM
those green conector things ? yea i checked those and they seem fine

82 yota
04-24-2007, 05:05 AM
do all the dash lights work and it's just the engine isn't starting, and did you just check the connectors or did you check for broken wires as well, are all the battery connections clean, and did you check the fuses, just trying to get the basics out of the way, where are you located, i have MOD if you need the wiring diagrams for your truck

ray
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
well if you got no spark and you tink its our inginition

ummm dont you think the first thing you should check if you got no spark

is your plugs wire ditirbuter cap and rotor and make shur timing is in

i mean common u need spark to run

check it............

StillRYE
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
did ya check your timing chain? is it still in one piece?

Chewtoy
04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Run new ground cables from everything to everything... batt to motor to body.

redneckyota
04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
i had the same problem or at lest simaler i just got a new battery and alternator and my yota fired right up try and see if that ur problem if ur started is crankin over ur battery might have i little bit of a chage just not enought to fire so i would suggest u tri another batery never hert to try at lease good luck