PDA

View Full Version : COORDINATING HELP FOR LESTER

sobe
04-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Hello everyone. I'm the guy that spearheaded the help effort for Lester in the Sharp Hooks website (A Very Sad Day). I just want to touch base over here and let people know what I am coordinating. So far I'm the goto guy as far as Sharp hooks and Fly Fishing B.C, together with a few other key people we have been able to supply Lester with a 9' camper, sleeping bag, warm jacket and some other odds and ends.
I am also picking up a donations of puppy food (3-6mo supply), flea &tick meds and wormer this week. There is also an offer to spay and neuter the pups when needed, as well as anything else they may need, free of cost. We will be taking the first load to him on Saturday April 21.
We also have an offer of 2x4 and 2x6 from Southridge Building Supplies along with the possibility of some plywood. By the sound of it, it should be enough wood to frame Lester a new place. We will be arranging pickup for next week and will be taking it up to him on Saturday April 28. and arranging a work party shortly therafter to frame it.
I have been asked why I'm not looking for cash donations and the answer is I don't expect anyone to just hand over cash to someone they met on the net. I won't ask anyone to do what I wouldn't do myself. If anyone wants to donate cash please just get Lester an IGA or Revy gift card. That way you know where your money was spent and I don't have to be an accountant! Hard enough doing my taxes.:dontknow:

While I'm overwhelmed with the response from people and how people have taken the story to other sites and got even more support, I worry for Lester.
He's lived in the bush a long time with little contact with too many people and I fear we may overwhelm him with people if we all rush out to help.
I can in no way speak for Lester but please consider the fact that he may not want a bunch of people he doesn't know popping by on a regular basis.
I'd like to coordinate something with the guys here that are willing to help.
Thanks for everything
Wade Soball

soball@hotmail.com
Cell - 604-340-5478

Please feel free to contact me.

4doorShorty
04-20-2007, 07:20 PM
oh I must have missed something. Sounds interesting, thought I dont know what this is all about I can tell your efforts and everyones donations are going to a good cause.