PDA

View Full Version : Searching for backing plate

Lynx
04-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey well um first off all this happened...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/tutly/CIMG1359.jpg

So this this did in my backing plate bigtime. I don't have anytime to go pull one off another vehicle myself as im busy with work until like 6pm. Who do you guys think will have one and be able to pull it for me? Jeep thrills? When I had to get some brake hardware all the XJ's had tiny rear brakes compared to mine. The only thing with the same brakes was a newer cherokee with a v8 and ABS. Do I hafta open the diff to get the axleshafta out? I have a Dana 35.

Anybody that has one or has any idea's for me let me know. I need to drive my jeep soon, I'm borrowing a car to get to work right now.

Thanks, Cory

Nutbar
04-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah we (Jeap Thrills) will probably have what you need will need to know the brake size - dia of drum and width of shoes

I can't tell for sure from the pic but it looks like some one has swapped a C clip axle in it, if it is a C clip axle yes you have to pull the dif cover to get the axle out. Look at where the backing plate bolts on to the housing inside the brake drum, if all there is is the backing plate held on with the 4 bolts it is C clip if there is another smaller plate sandwiching the backing plate to the housing with the 4 bolts it is the earlier bearing retained axle and all you need to do is pull the 4 bolts and the axle will pull out through the backing plate.

Lynx
04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Ok, i'll measure it up and give you guys a call tommorow.

Lynx
04-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Just called and you guys should have it in tommmorow for me.