PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! ALMOST BIT THE BIG ONE!

Jroc
04-17-2007, 12:29 AM
So i rebuilt my front end 2 days ago (all new tierods) take it in to big o tire today for an alighnment (spelling?) about 30 kms later i start to hear this grinding noise, remembering that the guy a big said one of my hubs were sticking a bit i automatically pull over and check my hub, sure enough the drivers side was still locked in, no big deal unlock stop at my sis's house have dinner heading back i hear the grinding again, stop at the light and get a horendous shimmy, im like what the hell, pull over again check my left side lug nuts , 2 threads left on all five!!!!! go fuck yourselfgo fuck yourselfgo fuck yourselffuckin thing woulda fell of coming down bridge hill at about 80kmh!!go fuck yourselfgo fuck yourselfgo fuck yourselfgo fuck yourselfgo fuck yourself:mad0215: so question is before i go wait at their door tomorow morning is to check if they remove the front wheels to do an alighnment, im pretty sure they do but not 100% (i did re-torque my wheels less then 1 month ago) also if they do then should i just ket my money back or should i smack their pp's around a bit??:fighting0071:

cj5sean
04-17-2007, 01:03 AM
your a very angry person :hitler:
go beatem up
heres wat weel do will go get a 40d pounder conple of baseball bats and the rest will be histery hah

seriously go get money back

Nasty1
04-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Well, ya think that they would have noticed that but cuz you are the one that did the work ultimately it is your responsibility [f]

Just my 2 cents ...

And no, they should not have removed the wheels to do an Alignment

HEAVY METAL
04-17-2007, 08:18 AM
if you remove the wheels where are the sensors, senders gonn a hang?

nykoma
04-17-2007, 08:24 AM
how in gods name did they do the wheel allingment if the tire was not put back on right. sounds like they are going to chew for a new wheel/tire ,studs and another allignment.[cheers]

crazylike
04-17-2007, 12:04 PM
i had the a similar thing happen to me a KAL Tire on the westside. i took it in got new tires mounted about 20 kms later my front started to wobble pulled over to notice i was riding on 2 lugs :( they did nothing to correct there mistake. ended up going to west side auto and got new lugs installed..never returned to Kal Tire again...

Kinslayer
04-17-2007, 12:23 PM
My buddies mother went to Kal-Tire to have some new tires installed - They do so, and a week later they go to pull a rim off for some reason and all the studs are cross-threaded - they just stuck the lugnut on the impact and gaver shit. Again - nothing they would do about it, my buddy was stuck replacing all the studs himself.

jhunter
04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I took a trailer into Kal tire to get new rubber for it. Well one side is right hand thread and the other is a left hand thread, well the deepshit takes the one side off no problem and breaks all the studs on the other (both tires) then I go to pick it up and theres an extra 25.00 in parts and 150 in labour for them to fix it.
I laughed at the guy and told him to go get stuffed.

England
04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Thats bullshit I had the Kal tire moment on the rear drivers !! Lets just put it this way was freaking scary seeing yer real wheel go off a moutain while driving around anouther truck !!!!

got me new tire and rim though

nonhighwayservice
04-17-2007, 10:53 PM
*cough *cough come to Fountain Tire *cough *cough [redneck]

captain
04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
i was gonna get an allignment done but i think ill let it slide

MetalMan
04-17-2007, 11:15 PM
There is no reason to take any of the wheels off to do an alignment, it is done with the wheels on. But you never know, they may have pulled it off anyways for some stupid reason or other. And if it was indeed your fault the wheel would have come loose ages ago, or at least would have been loose enough when they got it that they would have noticed it during the alignment. I'd be heading back there in anger mode.

nonhighwayservice
04-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Ummm....yes there is a reason, If it's a ford and you have to replace the caster cams

FU Toolbag
04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I seriously doubt they would have taken the tire off to do an alignment. Most likely the lugs were loose before the alignment. I've seen lugs go from just loose to gone in seconds. I don't think you will have a lug to stand on if you go in there all pissed. If you tell them what happened and ask if they could help you out, you'll probably get further along.

Which big o?

kootenaycat
04-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I seriously doubt they would have taken the tire off to do an alignment. Most likely the lugs were loose before the alignment.

Which big o?

If the wheel nuts were loose before the alignment, then it would have shown up when they checked for loose parts (done before every alignment) and also would have shown up on the toe. Toe would change every time you move a wheel even a bit with the loose wheel nuts.

I'd go back and complain. Before ripping their nuts off, ask if they did change caster/camber, as said already, wheel would have to come off.

cj5sean
04-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Kal Tire can suck me 11th finger[g]

Evan the Blue
04-18-2007, 07:10 AM
[iagree] I hate KalTire with a passion .... dumb fu**ers

hrd4mud
04-18-2007, 08:07 AM
If they take a tire off, dont they always tell you to come back in x km and get a retourque?

Jroc
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
they didnt do caster camber (thy said it was all good) i call and politley asked if they had my wheel off for any reason they said no, their just lucky id didnt fall right off or it would have been a different kind of phone call , oh and it was bog o on bredin rd by spall

Bounty Hunter
04-20-2007, 12:27 AM
I took my bimmer into Fountain Tire for new wheels and they stripped a bunch of lugnuts in the process. They fix them without any problems and didn't charge me nothin'. Needless to say I use them on a regular basis.

4doorShorty
04-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I got rear ended by a Kal tire service truck at the light right out infront of their store on the westside heading towards the bridge. Ive always like fountain tire better anyways.

nonhighwayservice
04-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Fountain tire!! phuck yeah!!!

Magoo
04-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I work in the automotive trade and do alingnments frenquently. When Im finished any job that relates to the car rolling down the road I take it for a road test. That covers my ass if anything like that happens. If the person who preformed the work knew what they were doing you'd think they could pick up a loose wheel, especialy if adjusting toe. It'd be all over the road or make a distinct noise when turning.. much like a wheel ready to come off.