PDA

View Full Version : Truck decisions?

shawnw
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
So I just got my truck a couple of months ago now, and at the time it was what i needed, a tough, fun truck to play around with that didn't have to be pretty and wouldn't be getting lots of mile put on it. But now I'm moving to the Island for a job, girlfriend and dogs are coming with and a regular cab won't quite do it. That and I'll be putting on more highway miles. A extended or crew cab would be nice and a hell of a lot more comfortable but I have to figure out what to do with the current truck. As I see it I've got a few options.
1-keep the truck and jam everybody and everything in it.
2-sell the truck and pick up one with more room.
3-grab a bigger truck and take all the good stuff (wheels, tires, winch, ect) and toss it on the new truck then sell off old one for parts.

I'm leaning towards option 3 but I'm not quite sure as it's the most expensive option. What does everybody think?

How much you think I could honestly get for my current truck? Its a 88 F-250, 460ci on propane (approx. 50,000kms on it), dual tanks, regular cab, long box, new exhaust, headache rack, 5 speed, 34X10.5 tsl's, new generic american racing wheels, full front bumper, older warn winch, lights, dents and some rust.:confused:

Kinslayer
04-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Buy a topper.

brandonf250
04-16-2007, 10:18 PM
some where around $2000

shawnw
04-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I went and looked at a bigger truck today, I think I'm going to make an offer.
If it was a simple as buying a canopy thats what I'd do, but I need more seats, more highway speed (without going deaf), and gas instead of propane would be nice.
Anbody else have price estimates? Heres a little better spec list.
1988 F-250 Heavy duty
Standard Cab, Long box
4 speed plus overdrive
460 on propane
RV cam
Headers
New exhaust
bench seat
CD player
Headache rack
Diamond plate tailgate protector
Full winch bumber with older warn winch (still works great)
4 off road lights
34X10.5 TSLs' very good tread
new rock Crawler rims
The bodys dented up and there is some rust but nothing horrible, it runs good and is aircared.
What should I ask with wheels/tire/winch? Without?

Nile
04-21-2007, 10:16 PM
tough part. Buy a Ford

shawnw
04-22-2007, 12:27 AM
The truck I'm thinking about getting is another ford. Just bigger.

shawnw
04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Picking up the new truck tomorrow. Old one is for sale now. Asking $2300 with winch, wheels and tires, $1500 without.